Ok, you have been following Blackberry for a while and you now know that another surprise is on its way....

First, we learned that BB10 would be delayed
    Second, we learned that the Z10 would likely not sell as well as we hoped.
    Third, we learned that the Q10 was also going to suffer
    Fourth, we learned that BES10 installations were slow if not existent (due to point 2 and 3 no doubt)
    Finally, we learn today that Blackberry loyal financial institutions like Morgan Stanley are delaying their migration to BB10.

So, we know that Blackberry executives and managers will always find a way to screw up. ...but what big mistakes could possibly be left? Here are some possibilities....

BBM goes cross platform and only gains 10 million users
    Cash burn increases as existing subs drop off fast
    Big writedown occurs because of lost inventory issues (ah, we know this will happen)
    Blackberry announces an accounting issue...they have less cash than we thought!

What other ways do you think this management team can screw up? Let me know...
    08-29-13 06:49 PM
    So, you really think BBRY issues are the result of management screw ups?
    08-29-13 07:00 PM
    Yes.
    08-29-13 08:02 PM
    I'm still wondering if the 6 BB10 devices that Thor (I believe it was him) was quoted saying would release this year are all still coming out

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 08:14 PM
    I'm still wondering if the 6 BB10 devices that Thor (I believe it was him) was quoted saying would release this year are all still coming out

Posted via CB10
    Z30 will be the last one...

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 08:20 PM
    the reality is probably closer to cash burn stays constant as subs and therefore revenues drop. its the same thing eventually though.

more concerningly, you don't?
    JeepBB likes this.
    08-29-13 08:23 PM

Posted via CB10
    Z10
    Q10
    Q5
    Z30
    Porsche Z10

If you count the 4 versions of the Z10, and the 3 of the Q10, they have over delivered
    Rello, bekkay, JeepBB and 1 others like this.
    08-29-13 08:43 PM
    Z10
    Q10
    Q5
    Z30
    Porsche Z10

If you count the 4 versions of the Z10, and the 3 of the Q10, they have over delivered
    Porsche Z10 is due mid 2014 (which will be lovely for those who want to buy a Z10 but have too much cash I guess lol) and the 9720 isn't a BB10 device.

but yea, I agree, the whole `9900 and 9930 are 2 devices` comments of the past give credence to your theory. sadly.
    szlevi likes this.
    08-29-13 08:45 PM
    Porsche Z10 is due mid 2014 (which will be lovely for those who want to buy a Z10 but have too much cash I guess lol)
    2014 for a 2012 device. Yowsas
    Djlatino, JeepBB and szlevi like this.
    08-29-13 08:54 PM
    Well who else do you think is to blame? The tooth fairy?

Posted via CB10
    h20work likes this.
    08-29-13 09:01 PM
    Absolutely, it isn't even in question anymore.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using CB Forums mobile app
    h20work likes this.
    08-29-13 09:20 PM
    Porsche Z10 is due mid 2014 (which will be lovely for those who want to buy a Z10 but have too much cash I guess lol) and the 9720 isn't a BB10 device.

but yea, I agree, the whole `9900 and 9930 are 2 devices` comments of the past give credence to your theory. sadly.
    Mid 2014 for the Porsche???? Hopefully no one cares it won't be able to run the full version of 10.2.

If bb11 isn't a real thing thing mid 2014 I can only say yikes.....
    08-29-13 09:26 PM
    Mid 2014 for the Porsche???? Hopefully no one cares it won't be able to run the full version of 10.2.

If bb11 isn't a real thing thing mid 2014 I can only say yikes.....
    I can pretty much guarantee you that the type of buyers they're aiming at will not care. We saw a new (gold) version of the P'9981, the original Porsche Design BlackBerry, as late as May of this year - by then the 9900 it was based on was phased out, and BlackBerry 10 was in full swing. Despite being a seemingly outdated device, it's clearly still selling enough for Porsche Design to continue their partnership with BlackBerry. These devices are bought for one reason only - exclusivity. Not my cup of tea personally, but hey, if you've got the money to throw around, more power to you.
    08-29-13 09:35 PM
    Ok, you have been following Blackberry for a while and you now know that another surprise is on its way....

First, we learned that BB10 would be delayed
    Second, we learned that the Z10 would likely not sell as well as we hoped.
    Third, we learned that the Q10 was also going to suffer
    Fourth, we learned that BES10 installations were slow if not existent (due to point 2 and 3 no doubt)
    Finally, we learn today that Blackberry loyal financial institutions like Morgan Stanley are delaying their migration to BB10.

So, we know that Blackberry executives and managers will always find a way to screw up. ...but what big mistakes could possibly be left? Here are some possibilities....

BBM goes cross platform and only gains 10 million users
    Big writedown occurs because of lost inventory issues (ah, we know this will happen)
    Blackberry announces an accounting issue...they have less cash than we thought!

What other ways do you think this management team can screw up? Let me know...
    See, it may be me but I really take this things as positive.

Morgan Stanley is DELAYING their upgrade. With all the horrible things said about BB, and all the 'bad' news, would it not make MUCH MORE sense for an entity like MS to ABANDON BB right now? Well, you see... it would... if there was another alternative! This is why I think that people that were speculating a division were right, not because nobody wants certain parts of the company... but because certain parts wont succeed if bought by the wrong company.

I think that it is clear that the current BB management cannot do the job we all want them to do, but it is also clear that many companies NEED BB, and STILL trust the products and services... so what needs to happen is that the security and business side SHOULD be sold to one company and the hardware and OS to another. Companies like Lenovo or Sony could really use BBs hardware/software innovation, and if other companies dont trust Lenovo with security then BB can either keep that part of the company or sell it to another company... maybe even Watsa.

Who knows what will happen... but with so much uncertainty I take a company like Morgan Stanley DELAYING an upgrade as a sign that there are still some people that want BlackBerry (or at least the services) to succeed, whether that is due to lack of competition in the security aspect or something else is irrelevant.
    dusdal likes this.
    08-29-13 09:56 PM
    Wow. I can't imagine anyone asking this question.

YES!

Verizon Z10. Running 10.1.0.4651. Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    08-29-13 10:04 PM
    1. Sept 27 ER
    2. Massive PlayBook style write downs on their phones. [Chris Jourdan, who owns and operates 16 Wireless Zone stores in the Midwestern U.S. that sell Verizon Wireless products, said customers didn't show up for the Q10 as expected. His stores only ordered a few of the devices per location and "the handful that sold were returned." "We saw virtually no demand for the Q10 and eventually returned most to our equipment vendor," he said.]

Then again, there are still 4 weeks to the ER. Plenty of time for a pre-#1.
    JeepBB likes this.
    08-30-13 07:47 AM
    1. Sept 27 ER
    2. Massive PlayBook style write downs on their phones. [Chris Jourdan, who owns and operates 16 Wireless Zone stores in the Midwestern U.S. that sell Verizon Wireless products, said customers didn't show up for the Q10 as expected. His stores only ordered a few of the devices per location and "the handful that sold were returned." "We saw virtually no demand for the Q10 and eventually returned most to our equipment vendor," he said.]

Yup. I agree that the ER will be a disaster (BB all but pre-announced it would be bad at the last ER), and about the write downs of BB10 phones.

BB are currently making 1M BB10 phones/month, they were making 2M/month until recently. If the many and various reports are correct, BB aren't selling anything close to the production figure in any one month... so, I'm guessing the unsold production is on a warehouse shelf somewhere. The Z10 is EOL... lots of Z10's must be on that shelf... cue write down (just like Playbook).

And the Playbook finally has its revenge against the evil RIMpire.... mwahahaha!
    08-30-13 11:02 AM
    And if they have a couple million phones laying around, even at cost that is a big chunk of their "operating" capital... not doing much operating.
    08-30-13 02:46 PM
    YES!
    08-30-13 02:59 PM
    2014 for a 2012 device. Yowsas
    Where have you been man, that's been BlackBerry logic for the past 3 years.

Release DOA devices on an irrelevant year!
    08-30-13 03:02 PM
    See, it may be me but I really take this things as positive.

Morgan Stanley is DELAYING their upgrade. With all the horrible things said about BB, and all the 'bad' news, would it not make MUCH MORE sense for an entity like MS to ABANDON BB right now? Well, you see... it would... if there was another alternative! This is why I think that people that were speculating a division were right, not because nobody wants certain parts of the company... but because certain parts wont succeed if bought by the wrong company.

I think that it is clear that the current BB management cannot do the job we all want them to do, but it is also clear that many companies NEED BB, and STILL trust the products and services... so what needs to happen is that the security and business side SHOULD be sold to one company and the hardware and OS to another. Companies like Lenovo or Sony could really use BBs hardware/software innovation, and if other companies dont trust Lenovo with security then BB can either keep that part of the company or sell it to another company... maybe even Watsa.

Who knows what will happen... but with so much uncertainty I take a company like Morgan Stanley DELAYING an upgrade as a sign that there are still some people that want BlackBerry (or at least the services) to succeed, whether that is due to lack of competition in the security aspect or something else is irrelevant.
    My experience after a quarter century in a large (the same) corporation: more often than not, DELAYING is "corporate speak" for AIN'T HAPPENING.

I would LOVE to write a book entitled: "The Coproate to English Dictionary, a definitive guide for understanding coporate doulbe-speak", with a forward by Thorsten Heins, a recognized authority on the subject.....
    JeepBB, Shlooky and Troy Tiscareno like this.
    08-30-13 03:15 PM
    By this time next year, BB will basically be another resident in the graveyard of fallen tech companies. It practically already has one foot in the grave. Crackberry will also go the way of the lingering WebOS forum we used to have on Mobile Nations.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
    08-30-13 05:25 PM
    1. Sept 27 ER

Damn, I knew 4 weeks was too long to wait.
    Pre-#1
    BBRY director says,
    "I think BlackBerry is able to survive as a niche company. But being a niche company means deciding to be a niche company. Historically, BlackBerry has had larger ambitions. But battling giants like Apple, Google and Samsung is tough."

Survive as a niche company! AKA cannot survive as anything more than a niche company.
    -Mass layoffs.
    -Abandon the consumer (at least) hardware market.
    -Etc.

This is not a shoe dropping. It is a size 14 steel toed workboot. Discussed here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...ompany-844581/
    JeepBB likes this.
    08-30-13 06:02 PM