04-09-16 10:15 AM
36 12
tools
    Have you tried face 10 app by nemory...works great...all the functions of Facebook

Posted via CB10
    Oshasat likes this.
    04-07-16 11:01 AM
    The Facebook via the browser works fine for me. I use it probably once or twice a day. Loved the previous Facebook app and Hub integration, and "share" functionality ... but the other BlackBerry 10 features outweigh my losing the FB app.

And yes, I comment, reply, post photos, links, etc. All good.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-16 11:30 AM
    If she likes using FB on a browser, yes but if not, buy her a Priv
    04-08-16 12:33 AM
    Ive seen the neg reviews. I would like to buy a leap for my wife. I am not on FB. Will she be able to comment, like and post photos with the new app? I understand the share button within the gallery/ camera app will likely not give the "share" option, but does the other stuff work- basic FB mechanics? She would be new to BB10, so she will not know she's missing the hub integration. I personally don't mind this- FB is mining people's data so much, that it's refreshing (?) to have a privacy consideration with a BB. We would become a 2 BB household. Just to share, the main reason I am considering is the BBM integrated video calls. I was never a fan of Skype and always liked the playbook's integrated video chat (before BB made that more difficult). I have a classic, unlocked. I'm on the T-Mo $30 plan and have a hotspot, wifi calling and of course a pkb. Pretty close to perfect for my use, tho I keep a nexus 7 on hand for a couple of apps. I don't mind though. 2 devices is not as bad as some on this forum make it out to be...and I love the hub. Would be very hard to go back to android.
    Seems like your best bet is to try the FaceBook mobile website on your Classic. If that's not good enough, then the Face10 app + FaceBook Messenger app from the same guy.

You can get an unlocked STA100-5 Z30 for around $250 or less that will work well on T-Mobile. There is very little "messing around with autoloaders" and such.
    04-08-16 01:16 AM
    Wow. Looking for a little more from the community...I know these are dark(er) days for BB as a brand, but really, I don't want a $500 phone, I don't want google android, I don't want the priv. I buy phones outright and not on 2 yr plans, so this is an important consideration, ie FB. Since Im not on FB- and this is a recent change to BB, I thought I'd ask.
    Saying you buy phones outright is less impressive when you are considering a Leap.

Just saying.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-08-16 01:40 AM
    In all honesty, my wife loves her Leap, and battery lasts a long time for her. Both my wife and I use Face10 as well as Messenger, and we get hub integration for both apps. Is it the original app? No, but you'd be hard pressed to say it didn't function the same. I have pro versions for both, and so does my wife.

As for the Leap, take it from someone who uses it from time to time, it's not bad like people say. I actually like it a fair bit myself, and like I said, my wife loves it.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-16 12:39 PM
    I couldn't give a *** to be honest about Facebook. Since announced dropping support for BlackBerry I find myself enjoying twitter more and will go on fb on tab or pc when I have time. Zuke & kie will learn soon that numbers are not always all that counts

Posted via CB10
    04-08-16 03:54 PM
    I have Face10 Pro, and while it has Hub integration, the posts often don't load. So I use the browser mostly, and it works very well for me. The ads are annoying, if Face10 worked properly I wouldn't use the browser. But it's the only negative for me.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    04-09-16 05:06 AM
    Get her the Leap. It's a secure device with a great VKB, a beautiful bright display, great battery life, huge expandable storage and a camera that takes wonderful pictures. I just got one and I think it's a great device. Especially for the money. I got it for $150 Canadian for a few months old Leap. The value for the money is unbeatable.

As for FB...the app still works on mine after the wipe. I'm just not going to update it if prompted to. I'm not sure for how much longer it'll work but for now it works. But as many have said the browser (which is a great browser by the way) is a great way to use FB. And you can work in notifications into the hub by activating email notifications in the FB settings. These notifications come with links and you can click on them and they take you straight to the FB post/page in question.

So yeah get it, for that kind of money even if she doesn't like it it's not a huge loss. But most people that enter the BB10 world for the first time are completely converted.
    04-09-16 10:00 AM
    The mobile app is a horrible experience for any power FB user. Sure, you can check off the boxes of feature lists, but actual usage is a chore compared to either the iOS or Android apps.

Instead of everyone trying to think for this person or justify the purchase of a Leap, why not let her try out the mobile app and judge for herself?

She'll know better than anyone else whether or not it meets her needs.
    04-09-16 10:10 AM
    I've been using the pro versions of 'Face 10' and 'Messenger 10' with some initial issues getting them to stay in my Hub, but once you get the hang of it, they both do the job. I consult FB and Messenger throughout the day, as I'm always getting work-related communications through Messenger.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-16 10:15 AM
36 12