I'm a long time BB user on the Verizon network in the U.S.. I started with the Storm, then went to the Storm II, Torch (best screen ever, and it was plastic!), Z10, Z30, and now the Priv. Had (well, still do) a Playbook in there too.
    Some of these were real lame, some were good. I think the Z30 is my favorite (wife still uses it). The Z30 had awesome speakers, antenna, good replaceable battery.

The Priv is on it's last leg - battery goes from 100% to 30% in under an hour with heavy web use, gets hot - too hot to handle, and honestly it was never comfortable to hold anyway. I don't use the slider keyboard, prefer the VKB. Most of what I do is web surfing, email/texting and app use. No movies or music.

What does anyone recommend next? I need to stay on Verizon for the coverage where I travel unless the T-mobile/Sprint merger happens, but that is now looking doubtful.
    I SERIOUSLY considered the KeyOne but just don't think I can handle the keyboard in my face all the time without making use of it. The Motion sounded good but it won't work w/Verizon as far as I know. Next I considered the Moto Z3 but there are a few things I don't like about it so still on the fence there. I do like the Motorola prices.

What I need: Full touch, good battery life, something that won't cost me an arm and a leg (rules out most Apple stuff), large screen

What I really want: QI charging, fast charging, replaceable battery, good speakerphone sound, USB C.

What I'd like to avoid: Glass back (whose stupid idea was that?) because I do tend to be a bit rough. Crappy laggy performance. Anything too heavy, I likde to keep it in my front shirt pocket.

I'd like to stay with BB, but I see no options there. I hate Google (Possibly the antichrist?) but see Android as my only real option, as I'm priced out of the Apple lineup.
    I don't need the latest and greatest, a 1 or even 2 year old model is fime as ling as it is feature packed.

Well, ideas anyone?
    Thanks,
    Rick
    05-11-19 09:49 PM
    In my case it is simple. After my contract ends I am going for Nokia 8.1, Motorola G7 Plus or Redmi Note 7. Those phone strike great price to features ratio and are within reasonable budget. Unless something incredible pops out soon it will be one of those... I am however in UK, not sure if any of those would work with Verizon...
    Last edited by melhiore; 05-12-19 at 09:06 AM.
    05-12-19 02:51 AM
    Oneplus 6t prices is dropping now and worth to try.
    05-15-19 04:59 PM
    if no new BlackBerry, it is a Nokia
    elfabio80 likes this.
    05-15-19 05:00 PM
    Slim pickings for Verizon compatible though.
    05-15-19 05:09 PM
    Get iPhone XR or Pick your OEM Flagship JR model just released
    05-15-19 05:25 PM
    I'm on a one plus 6t (not Verizon) and loving it I'm using BlackBerry hub and services to keep my BlackBerry addiction on control. My motion screen cracked and BlackBerry mobile America refused to fix it because it is a 100-6 from Dubai and even dough it's the same screen they always flash the OS every time they fix a phone and they don't have the 100-6 OS. (stupid reason on this internet times industry). waiting for a replacement screen from Ali express to get it fixed but looks like after that it will be beside my Priv, Z30, Z10 as my never use backup. My mom's Dtek 60 battery went bad so I got her a Nokia 7.1 Android One while I get the battery fixed but looks like it also will be kept on the backup drawer.
    BlackBerry mobile needs to think about this I don't mind paying more to have BlackBerry but if there is nothing new we eventually will migrate to other brands. So so sad
    Avenzuno likes this.
    05-15-19 07:34 PM
    I'm on a one plus 6t (not Verizon) and loving it I'm using BlackBerry hub and services to keep my BlackBerry addiction on control. My motion screen cracked and BlackBerry mobile America refused to fix it because it is a 100-6 from Dubai and even dough it's the same screen they always flash the OS every time they fix a phone and they don't have the 100-6 OS. (stupid reason on this internet times industry). waiting for a replacement screen from Ali express to get it fixed but looks like after that it will be beside my Priv, Z30, Z10 as my never use backup. My mom's Dtek 60 battery went bad so I got her a Nokia 7.1 Android One while I get the battery fixed but looks like it also will be kept on the backup drawer.
    BlackBerry mobile needs to think about this I don't mind paying more to have BlackBerry but if there is nothing new we eventually will migrate to other brands. So so sad
    Q. What does this have to do with OP regarding VZW compatibility?
    A. Nothing
    05-15-19 08:45 PM
    It's has to do with we BlackBerry lovers running out of options
    05-15-19 10:52 PM
    It's has to do with we BlackBerry lovers running out of options
    Not enough people want a BB VKB device so OP should by a VZW compatible flagship device on a BOGO special or flagship Jr on BOGO special.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    05-16-19 06:48 AM
    I also have my trusty Z30 knocking around as a MP3 player, such a great device. I wasn't sure of the Key2's smaller display, but I don't do a lot of media consumption with it and really dig the PKB after getting reacquainted. Best of luck finding something that works for you.
    05-16-19 09:01 AM
    Samsung Galaxy S10e. It is the closest I got to Z10 plus very good battery and camera. I installed apk of blackberry keyboard which works amazingly well.
    It is a very good small phone
    DeliFresser likes this.
    05-16-19 05:15 PM
    If Nokia could just fix the Nokia 9 problems I would be recommending that phone to everyone. It's a nice balanced device with some awesome optics.
    05-18-19 09:21 AM
    I'm a long time BB user on the Verizon network in the U.S.. I started with the Storm, then went to the Storm II, Torch (best screen ever, and it was plastic!), Z10, Z30, and now the Priv. Had (well, still do) a Playbook in there too.
    Some of these were real lame, some were good. I think the Z30 is my favorite (wife still uses it). The Z30 had awesome speakers, antenna, good replaceable battery.

The Priv is on it's last leg - battery goes from 100% to 30% in under an hour with heavy web use, gets hot - too hot to handle, and honestly it was never comfortable to hold anyway. I don't use the slider keyboard, prefer the VKB. Most of what I do is web surfing, email/texting and app use. No movies or music.

What does anyone recommend next? I need to stay on Verizon for the coverage where I travel unless the T-mobile/Sprint merger happens, but that is now looking doubtful.
    I SERIOUSLY considered the KeyOne but just don't think I can handle the keyboard in my face all the time without making use of it. The Motion sounded good but it won't work w/Verizon as far as I know. Next I considered the Moto Z3 but there are a few things I don't like about it so still on the fence there. I do like the Motorola prices.

What I need: Full touch, good battery life, something that won't cost me an arm and a leg (rules out most Apple stuff), large screen

What I really want: QI charging, fast charging, replaceable battery, good speakerphone sound, USB C.

What I'd like to avoid: Glass back (whose stupid idea was that?) because I do tend to be a bit rough. Crappy laggy performance. Anything too heavy, I likde to keep it in my front shirt pocket.

I'd like to stay with BB, but I see no options there. I hate Google (Possibly the antichrist?) but see Android as my only real option, as I'm priced out of the Apple lineup.
    I don't need the latest and greatest, a 1 or even 2 year old model is fime as ling as it is feature packed.

Well, ideas anyone?
    Thanks,
    Rick
    Get a Google Pixel 3a XL.

It's not the most powerful and not the heaviest specced phone, but it's well priced, has one of the best cameras around, and will get software updates for the next 3 years every single month. It also has a large 3700mAh battery which should give great battery life.
    https://m.gsmarena.com/google_pixel_3a_xl-9690.php

Pixel 3a XL on Verizon
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=rZRANmLs
    Last edited by Tsepz_GP; 05-18-19 at 11:48 AM.
    05-18-19 09:25 AM
    Since Verizon is a must I'd say something from the S10 lineup, depending on budget/size.
    05-18-19 10:12 AM
    Since Verizon is a must I'd say something from the S10 lineup, depending on budget/size.
    For a minute, I read that as $10 lineup.
    05-18-19 10:18 AM
    Trying to wait and see the "Librem 5" reviews. I know that time is running out for my...

 AT&T Passport SQW100-3 with vitamin (SR) 10.3.3.2129 (OS version 10.3.3.3204) on AT&T
    05-18-19 08:23 PM
    Get a Google Pixel 3a XL.

It's not the most powerful and not the heaviest specced phone, but it's well priced, has one of the best cameras around, and will get software updates for the next 3 years every single month. It also has a large 3700mAh battery which should give great battery life.
    https://m.gsmarena.com/google_pixel_3a_xl-9690.php

Pixel 3a XL on Verizon
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=gyrYJTlU
    You forgot the most important "feature" on that 3a XL (gosh that's a long model name to say):

No eyebrow notch !
    05-18-19 11:06 PM
    You forgot the most important "feature" on that 3a XL (gosh that's a long model name to say):

No eyebrow notch !
    Yeah, the Pixel 3 XL notch is hideous.
    05-19-19 11:35 AM
    There are plenty of good midranger phones now, but I recommend you to get Samsung A series (A50 and above) due to built in knox security (if security is still one of your concern). And Samsung's built-in features in one UI is one of the best UI on date. But if you under the need of performance, midranger from Mi (like Redmi note 7 pro) or realme pack more power in hardware for cheaper price than Samsung's midranger.
    05-19-19 11:53 AM
    Yeah, the Pixel 3 XL notch is hideous.
    And its price tag too.

By the way, has Google fixed the mic issues with the 3 XL since launch?

I heard it had some very very poor sound quality when capturing videos back then.
    05-19-19 02:41 PM
    And its price tag too.

By the way, has Google fixed the mic issues with the 3 XL since launch?

I heard it had some very very poor sound quality when capturing videos back then.
    They fix it through software update
    05-19-19 04:03 PM