What are the confirmed specs? Is it still due to release in October, 2016?
    enrod87 likes this.
    09-02-16 08:45 AM
    No Confirmed Specs, No Release in October, 2016.. Might I say, No Argon?

The Next BlackBerry phone will be an android device with a keyboard. This was confirmed by BlackBerry's SVP Alex thurber in a video on Facebook. So that's what you will be seeing in the near future. In case you're wondering, No date for it, he just said "Soon".
    ardakca likes this.
    09-02-16 09:12 AM
    No Confirmed Specs, No Release in October, 2016.. Might I say, No Argon?

The Next BlackBerry phone will be an android device with a keyboard. This was confirmed by BlackBerry's SVP Alex thurber in a video on Facebook. So that's what you will be seeing in the near future. In case you're wondering, No date for it, he just said "Soon".
    Don't listen to this. It will be a vkb device then a pkb device. The specs are good.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-02-16 05:49 PM
    The Argon has never been confirm by Blackberry and if they do have a flagship touchscreen phone in the pipe line that does necessary mean it will get release. I think Blackberry is committed to releasing a blackberry physical keyboard phone next, but may release a flag ship touchscreen phone if the dtek 50 turns out to profitable.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-16 11:50 PM
    I think BlackBerry keeping this argon so secret is they don't want to disturb dtek50 sales
    Carjackd likes this.
    09-02-16 11:53 PM
    Don't listen to this. It will be a vkb device then a pkb device. The specs are good.

I didn't answer you the first time because I'm not willing to waste my time on you.

Now that you've quoted me again when you could've just made your point, I'll tell you this: When you say something on a forum, please back it up with some proof or evidence, if you can't do so because its privileged or insider info then just Shhhh..

I'm willing to bet on the lack of proof or evidence, people who see devices longtime pre their release don't hang out on forums saying they saw it.

The Specs are good? Did he ask whether they're bad or good?.. I think he wanted info, like a list of specs with numbers, but how would you know xD.

Anyway, we will see after a few months what will really come out, then I'll flush you out for being a guy who spreads BS.
    09-03-16 12:49 AM
    The Argon has never been confirm by Blackberry and if they do have a flagship touchscreen phone in the pipe line that does necessary mean it will get release. I think Blackberry is committed to releasing a blackberry physical keyboard phone next, but may release a flag ship touchscreen phone if the dtek 50 turns out to profitable.

Posted via CB10
    If the DTEK50 and the hardware division is profitable then it opens up the gate for all sort of possibilities in the future. So hopefully that happens.
    09-03-16 12:55 AM
    It would be neat if they made the argon a slider width wise, like the old school phones!

Posted via CB10
    09-03-16 08:22 AM

Prove it

crack___head likes this.
    09-03-16 01:12 PM
    I think he was kidding...
    09-04-16 03:18 PM
    I think BlackBerry keeping this argon so secret is they don't want to disturb dtek50 sales
    The specs of the dtek50 as it is has kept me from even considering it. Even if the Argon is vaporware, there's no way I'd ever consider a phone in 2016 with only 16 Gb of device memory.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-16 03:29 PM
    I'm hopeful BlackBerry can produce a Flagship phone with specs to match, something to get all the android fanboys to turn their heads, but the way it's going now it's all about "good enough" nothing amazing. DTEK50 is okay, but it's not going to make anyone jump ship to BlackBerry as a brand when so many phone makers compete in that marketplace

Via the Classy Classic
    09-04-16 06:07 PM
    If it's true that BlackBerry is not marketing one device fearing it would effect the sales of another, that's problematic. Because, building interest in a Diverse Device Portfolio, should bring more customers to the brand;
    1. If you're building the variety of devices (being requested).That goes with knowing your customer base and meeting their needs. If a flagship device would garnish more interest, then release it first. And a couple months later, release the lesser spec'd, more affordable device. Not vice-versa.
    2. Basically,at this point you're selling your software attached to someone else's pre-existing hardware. Coming to market should involve less R&D (less upfront cost), which should help solve the issue of affordability.
    3. If it's costing you less to manufacture, charge to customers less for the product .
    4. Don't attempt to finance your transition to a Software Company off the profit of one product. There's too many alternatives to your product on the market. These were the issues that effected BlackBerry in the past and Priv sales .
    5. Get your product to market before it's yesterday's news.

A BlackBerry Fan
    Last edited by KNEBB; 09-05-16 at 08:45 AM.
    09-05-16 08:33 AM
    Is this the same phone they were saying was going to be released at the end of the fiscal year?

Posted via CB10
    09-05-16 09:20 AM
    Is BlackBerry trying to make customers look elsewhere? I have a Passport and absolutely LOVE it! I love BB OS! I understand the logic behind moving to Android. I get it. But, why keep people in the dark and guessing about what's coming next? I very much want another BlackBerry to go with my Passport, price permitting, but they are forcing me to think about my options. Especially since they keep putting out phones with subpar specs and flagship prices. What say you, BlackBerry?!

Posted via CB10
    09-05-16 01:58 PM
    Is BlackBerry trying to make customers look elsewhere? I have a Passport and absolutely LOVE it! I love BB OS! I understand the logic behind moving to Android. I get it. But, why keep people in the dark and guessing about what's coming next? I very much want another BlackBerry to go with my Passport, price permitting, but they are forcing me to think about my options. Especially since they keep putting out phones with subpar specs and flagship prices. What say you, BlackBerry?!

Posted via CB10
    Well... I could be... and I'm just spit-balling here... the nearly total failure of BB10 and it's devices to make money for the company?

I mean, that's been the narrative for the past few years in BB10's decline. And you think just making more BB10 devices is going to suddenly change things?

There's a saying about doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result, and insanity.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-16 05:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    Don't make any more BB10 devices.

09-05-16 05:23 PM
    This is turning into an Argonment... ;-D

I'm jesting. And I'm hoping we'll see some physical traces showing up somewhere soon...

�   "Chenterprise. We are the future. Resistance is futile. Prepare to BBe... "   �
    09-05-16 09:15 PM
    Wasn't the Hamburg the promised flagship vkb phone?
    09-05-16 09:21 PM
    Well... I could be... and I'm just spit-balling here... the nearly total failure of BB10 and it's devices to make money for the company?

I mean, that's been the narrative for the past few years in BB10's decline. And you think just making more BB10 devices is going to suddenly change things?

There's a saying about doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result, and insanity.

Posted via CB10
    I don't really think it's the devices but the lack of marketing. They release these phones in secret and expect everybody to know about them. There are iPhone and Samsung ads everywhere! Rarely is there an ad for BlackBerry devices. You can find many articles about BlackBerry software and security but you really have to search to find information about their devices.
    09-06-16 11:23 AM
    I don't really think it's the devices but the lack of marketing. They release these phones in secret and expect everybody to know about them. There are iPhone and Samsung ads everywhere! Rarely is there an ad for BlackBerry devices. You can find many articles about BlackBerry software and security but you really have to search to find information about their devices.
    Well, I never said why they didn't sell, but I agree, non-existent marketing had a lot to do with it.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-16 01:39 PM
    It'll be stupid of BlackBerry to not make a all touch premium device since the Priv wasn't an all touch slab and the DTEK50 doesn't compete with literally any phone out there. I say Argon will happen for sure. Someone on BBM said July announcement for DTEK50, which we saw, October for Argon, and December for Mercury (which confirms to another member's post on here regarding a January release for Mercury).

Posted via CB10
    09-06-16 09:14 PM
    Makes sense. Though now, I'm actually thinking if I should hold out on getting a DTEK50. Maybe until October.

09-07-16 05:29 AM
    The marketing argument held sway over 5 years ago.
    Now, any marketing would be a waste of money, apart from the Priv and DTEK

Blackberry had a marketing dream in the run up to BB10 being released and they screwed it up with their arrogance.
    Now BB10 is being maintained, thats not something you can market when the competition is evolving instead
    09-08-16 01:44 AM
    Makes sense. Though now, I'm actually thinking if I should hold out on getting a DTEK50. Maybe until October.

My dad is on a Z30 and a WhatsApp user... communicated with people in Europe.

Now I will probably have to shout him a DTEK50 come December, if we can't have WhatsApp working reliably on BB10 via Android APK or other hacks...

:-D

Any ideas?

Edit: OT^,
    Ignore, I found a better thread. Anyway, ideas still welcome ...

�   "Chenterprise. We are the future. Resistance is futile. Prepare to BBe... "   �
    09-08-16 06:10 PM
44 12