You have to post something positive here about BlackBerry or else eh?

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    Nobody says you have to, but it is CrackBerry after all, so yes, it would be nice once in awhile.
    keepthetorch likes this.
    04-18-14 12:39 PM
    No wonder BlackBerry is having a hard time financially when customers are shunned away like this.
    No wonder BlackBerry is having a hard time in the market when they do nothing to reverse that trend.
    JeepBB, richardat and 1shady_llama like this.
    04-18-14 12:40 PM
    on another note....I have been reading CrackBerry for QUITE a while....you are always in certain threads and I have NEVER seen you post ANYTHING remotely positive about BB.....very interesting stat but I guess it takes all kinds
    Guy asked about BES/BBM security... Troy answered those questions with a well-researched post that even linked BB's own knowledge-base articles.

Facts aren't positive or negative... they're just, erm, facts!

To paraphrase the thread title: "What's with all the hate?"
    04-18-14 12:51 PM
    Please someone with a calculator do the math. BlackBerry bank account 3 billion dollars. Let's forget about the rest of the world and focus on US alone...Hmmm marketing. Product placement on individual movies and tv shows, sponsoring events, Theatre ads, TV ads which tv station and which shows( not to mention major events like the Superbowl, World Series, NBA, PGA, US Open, Nascar and Stanley Cup playoff), magazine and newspaper ads(how many magazines and newspaper), social media and internet sites and blogs, bill boards, radios. Hmmmm how many stores T-Mo, Sprint, AT&T and Verizon have in each state, the number of carriers employees that require training. Lets not even do all that in all 50 states. Now how many time of this specific ads on specific medium should BlackBerry advertise? More important will there be any money left in the account?
    04-18-14 01:29 PM
    Please someone with a calculator do the math. BlackBerry bank account 3 billion dollars. Let's forget about the rest of the world and focus on US alone...Hmmm marketing. Product placement on individual movies and tv shows, sponsoring events, Theatre ads, TV ads which tv station and which shows( not to mention major events like the Superbowl, World Series, NBA, PGA, US Open, Nascar and Stanley Cup playoff), magazine and newspaper ads(how many magazines and newspaper), social media and internet sites and blogs, bill boards, radios. Hmmmm how many stores T-Mo, Sprint, AT&T and Verizon have in each state, the number of carriers employees that require training. Lets not even do all that in all 50 states. Now how many time of this specific ads on specific medium should BlackBerry advertise? More important will there be any money left in the account?
    Even if they just allocated $100 million dollars for advertising in the States, it could make a world of difference. Give some devices for free to celebrity's and whatnot. Anything to get the word out. Many people don't know from the start that BlackBerry has a new phone. Its not advertised or talked about.

04-18-14 03:18 PM
    Nobody says you have to, but it is CrackBerry after all, so yes, it would be nice once in awhile.
    Of only there were something positive to talk about. Hmmmm......

04-18-14 03:20 PM
    When you willfully, at all times, choose to not see the positives, Hmmmm......
    04-18-14 03:24 PM
    When you willfully, at all times, choose to not see the positives, Hmmmm......
    What's the positives? I read CrackBerry and N4BB, so there has been very little positive on the Blackberry front.

04-18-14 03:26 PM
    Here is what I find interesting--the responses you guys give when a sales rep slams BB.....its as if you are either silent or you make excuses as if you are afraid to just be plain and show them what BB is about....Anyone in earshot will hear my response if any of that is tried with me.....you guys are only willing to vent on a forum from behind a keyboard.....I go bigger than that, people think I am crazy when I do...but at least five phones have been bought directly from my rants at sales tech....and trust me I am very polite even in the middle of my ranting

Seriously... dayum... Seriously dude? :sigh:
    richardat likes this.
    04-18-14 03:31 PM
    on another note....I have been reading CrackBerry for QUITE a while....you are always in certain threads and I have NEVER seen you post ANYTHING remotely positive about BB.....very interesting stat but I guess it takes all kinds
    Kindly point out where he ever bags on BBRY, or for a moment fails to recognize BBRY's accomplishment?

Sent from my T100TA using Tapatalk
    04-18-14 03:39 PM
    What's the positives? I read CrackBerry and N4BB, so there has been very little positive on the Blackberry front.
    Between the BES10 deployments, legal victories, partnerships, yep...no positives. You're right.
    04-18-14 03:43 PM
    Sure. But if my opinion was that the moon was made of green cheese and that Mars was populated by little green men with antennae on their heads, despite having my "right" to that opinion, it would still leave me open to ridicule. Having a right to an opinion doesn't mean that others have to respect the opinion itself, even if they respect a person's right to HAVE the opinion.
    Exactly. I always counter the 'my opinion' stance by saying 'well, my opinion is that your opinion sucks'...lol

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 03:59 PM
    The healthcare deal is a positive.
    TgeekB likes this.
    04-18-14 05:23 PM
    Between the BES10 deployments, legal victories, partnerships, yep...no positives. You're right.
    I said there is little positive. Which that is in fact little stuff. Nothing exciting like releasing a new device, new incentives etc.

04-18-14 05:28 PM
    The Z10 got relegated to the kids table along with the other slow selling feature phones.
    Carriers aren't going to push phones that don't sell and BB isn't going to spend money on advertising support and sending their reps to stores cause the consumer market is dead to them at the moment, ergo dual whammy.
    That's not a excuse to act like a ***** to customers who do want BB10...
    04-18-14 05:55 PM
    I said there is little positive. Which that is in fact little stuff. Nothing exciting like releasing a new device, new incentives etc.
    The whole romance thing with new devices is over. BlackBerry is about to become a very services focused company over the next couple years. If the LTE Z3 is not a success in the low end/prepaid market, BlackBerry handhelds will likely no longer be available for purchase in stores in the next 24 months.
    JeepBB and RH1Pearl like this.
    04-18-14 05:56 PM
    It was BlackBerry's job to advertise the device, tell the world that it was new and different, and even run some ads that show how fluid BB10 is and show off some gestures.
    Yes, it was their job to market. But as I've said before, I see this every time a product doesn't sell.

Engineering blames marketing. "If only they did more marketing/better marketing/catchier marketing/splashier marketing", people would buy our product.

Marketing replies, "Yes, perhaps. And perhaps if you gave me a differentiated product, with compellingly different features to show, the marketing might be better received. But instead, you've given me an undifferentiated product with issues and gaps and expect me to throw money at it to make those problems 'go away'".

Reality is in between.

Instead they blew three million on a Super Bowl ad that showed what the phone couldn't do, and no other advertising or awareness after that.
    Come on ... they did a lot more than that Superbowl ad. Check the figures in the annual report for what they spent on Marketing last year.You may not personally like it, and you may not have seen the same things in your region that I did in mine, but let's not make such a gross exaggeration as this.
    04-18-14 06:05 PM
    Come on ... they did a lot more than that Superbowl ad. Check the figures in the annual report for what they spent on Marketing last year.
    Even though it blew chunks, they probably spent a hell of a lot more on marketing last year compared to this year.
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    04-18-14 06:36 PM
    I don't necessarily agree with the conspiracy theory, but please remind me--was an NSA backdoor into BB10 or BBOS ever discovered?
    Was it attempted?
    04-18-14 06:38 PM
    Today I went to a Verizon store to check out the z30, since they are the only carrier in the US that offers this phone.

So I walk in and ask if they have a z30 and the woman at the front had no idea what that was and didn't even know they carry it. She said she will look in the back. As I'm standing around looking at the new phones I went to the corner and there is a display for "simple phones " you know, like flip phones, brick phones etc. The phone farthest to the right was the z10. I just don't understand how this is a "simple " phone. The z10 is easily the best phone I've ever used. And I'm coming from an iPhone 4, Note 3 and even the new Jolla phone from Finland.

So I finally get the z30 and the sales person said something along the lines : "why do you even want a blackberry? " I asked if he has used BlackBerry 10 and he said no. Figures. It made me feel alienated the way he looked and talked to me during the "demo" I felt like I was trying to sell the phone to him not vise versa!

Oh, and the z30 want even set up so the only thing I could try was the activation wifi screen.

No wonder BlackBerry is having a hard time financially when customers are shunned away like this.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 263864

yeah when I got my Q10 from Rogers. I paid $250 to break my contract out of my Nokia Lumia and $250 for the Q10 + 3 year contract. With $50 dollar rebate. The lady kept saying are you sure you dont want the S4? IT just came out as well. She asked me 'am i sure' at least 3 times. I was like oh god...F these ppl
    04-18-14 06:44 PM
    The healthcare deal is a positive.
    Seems like it could be a good move.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    04-18-14 07:15 PM
    Was it attempted?
    Clairvoyance seems to be a gift you've been bestowed with. Why don't you enlighten us?
    04-18-14 08:14 PM

Glass half full, glass half empty..... there are positives if you choose to see them. Likewise, all that glitters elsewhere is not necessarily gold....
    04-18-14 08:16 PM
    Because BBRY does such a shockingly poor job at educating its sales force, marketing its product and building brand awareness. In short, blame Blackberry for its negligence.
    Drayk and Paisley Pirate like this.
    04-18-14 09:30 PM
    I only looked at the original post, and I'm sure other people have said this, but most of the "hate" Blackberry receives isn't related to Blackberry 10. IMO the hate is related to Blackberry 5, 6, and 7 and more specifically their functionality and ease of use (or lack thereof) relative to iOS and Android devices that were contemporary with Blackberry 5/6/7 devices.

I think in many people's opinions, Blackberry smartphones in the 2009/2010 to 2012 time frame had fallen considerably behind iOS and Android devices such that Blackberry had gained a negative reputation that its smartphones were relatively primitive or for work purposes only and couldn't be used for fun. Obviously (at least to me and most other people) that's not the case with BB10, but established opinions are hard to change. The fact Blackberry was so late to the game with BB10, there was so little initial demand for BB10 devices (mostly because of what I said above), and there is so little marketing for Blackberry and BB10 means that carriers don't want to devote much space to the devices, which in turn makes most people less likely to buy BB10 devices (and makes some people think Blackberry went out of business). Competing with what many people thought was an inferior product for roughly 3 years and getting to the game so late with BB10 has created a vicious circle for Blackberry IMO.
    Troy Tiscareno and pakcikkayo like this.
    04-18-14 09:51 PM
131 ... 23456