This may have already been posetd....BUT...

Does anyone REALLY know whats going to happen on the 15th?

Just really curious...I've heard they're announcing their new network, possibly announcing new phones, etc...

Any thoughts?
    09-06-09 10:51 PM
    I think its gotta be Storm 2. I doubt they would make such a big deal for an announcement of their new network. The only way it will be the announcement is if its tied in with something else. Ex: Launching network on XX-XX 2010 and the Iphone will be available on that day. Something like that would be huge.

Maybe they are planing on doing a huge launch for the new storm. Lasts years launch wasnt great with any carrier. there was limited supply and it just didnt go well if im remembering correctly.
    09-06-09 11:27 PM
    I have to disgaree--while I'd be absolutely ecstatic if the Storm 2 was released in 9 days, I really don't see it happening. The fact that the advertisement has only been shown in theatres insofar leads me to believe that this'll be no more than some sort of deal unique to Cineplex/Famous Players theatres wherein movie admittance is cheaper on Tuesdays.... sponsored by TELUS.
    09-07-09 02:45 AM
    I am a sales rep with Telus Corporate, and I have to agree, while I would LOVE to see the storm 2 come out on the 15th, I highly doubt it.
    With the origional Storm there was great success with the advertising done, with the Tour, little advertising led to lower sales.. I think they would be mistaken to release it with as little as this mystery ad.

However, Telus will be offering insurance on cell phones starting sometime this month, I believe that the launch for it may be the 15th. The insurance, apparently, will cover absolutely everything you could do to your phone. I will invest.
    09-07-09 08:28 AM
    A marketing Campaign for Insurance? HA!!
    09-07-09 09:16 AM
    facebook 1.7 and os 5.0 is what i have heard
    09-07-09 09:27 AM
    I have to disgaree--while I'd be absolutely ecstatic if the Storm 2 was released in 9 days, I really don't see it happening. The fact that the advertisement has only been shown in theatres insofar leads me to believe that this'll be no more than some sort of deal unique to Cineplex/Famous Players theatres wherein movie admittance is cheaper on Tuesdays.... sponsored by TELUS.
    I think it has something to do with theaters too. I can't see it being teh storm 2. There has been no kinda of leaked info on the web whatsoever mentioning it.

facebook 1.7 and os 5.0 is what i have heard
    Wouldn't that be general as a pose to Telus specific?
    09-07-09 11:03 AM
    This actually makes a lot of sence because when u look at the video the one rabbit goes up to a golden rabbet...some kind of award...
    09-07-09 12:07 PM
    What about satelitte tv?? My telus rep told me they had mandatory training for it. And its coming around the 15... Just thought I'd throw that out there. I don't think its the storm 2, because even bigger corporations like verizion haven't said much on it. From the past, they usually get the phone first, then telus. Who nows though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-09 06:58 PM
    Just heard on business news that starting next telus movie theaters are going to have special promotions for telus customers and next week week is the 15th and they are showing these ads in theaters so thr you go thr goes thr big surprise it pays to listen to business news it keeps you informed of what compaies are doing
    09-10-09 05:02 AM
    I know... X-Men Origins released to DVD!!! Finally the wait is OVER!!! In all seriousness, I'm sure it is something to do with theaters also, being that there has been no other advertising at this point, except those in theaters.
    09-10-09 05:13 AM
    VANCOUVER (NEWS1130) - When the going gets tough, the tough go to the movies! Cineplex Entertainment has seen a big spike in attendance since the economic downturn began. Now the company is aiming to keep those seats filled by bringing back cheap Tuesdays.

The cinema chain's new "Telus Half Price Movie Combo" -- includes a flick, a regular popcorn, and a regular-sized pop for half the normal price. The promotion starts next week.
    09-10-09 12:16 PM
    So a rep today told me she thinks it will be a soft launch for the new network...
    09-10-09 01:51 PM
    The cinema chain's new "Telus Half Price Movie Combo" -- includes a flick, a regular popcorn, and a regular-sized pop for half the normal price. The promotion starts next week.
    Ah, that settles it then. Thanks for posting the confirmation!
    09-10-09 01:53 PM
    The 15th is the start of the new Telus Tuesdays @ the movies:

Effective today, Canadians can enjoy a new entertainment experience each Tuesday with the TELUS Half Price Movie Combo that includes a movie, a regular popcorn and a regular fountain drink for half price.

In addition to the Tuesday combo available to everyone, TELUS customers will also receive additional special offers designed to further enhance their movie-going experience.

TELUS customers can win a Cineplex Entertainment VIP Card which gives the winner and their guest free movies for a year. Go to Telus.com for more details.

SCENE members will earn points for TELUS Tuesday combo purchases or they can choose to redeem SCENE points for the TELUS Tuesday combo, the choice is theirs.
    09-10-09 02:48 PM
    can anyone find the link to register for that VIP card?
    09-10-09 03:03 PM
    So a rep today told me she thinks it will be a soft launch for the new network...
    Well this proves that sales reps and CSRs don't know squat about launch dates etc. about the HSPA network. (didn't we all know that already?)
    09-10-09 03:45 PM
    Well this proves that sales reps and CSRs don't know squat about launch dates etc. about the HSPA network. (didn't we all know that already?)
    I agree but maybe they both will launch on that day. And yes there are doi g cheap tuesday at cineplex I work there part time and they just gave us pins it says *is it tuesday yet?* on the bottom of it telus s and 411 about it

Last edited by alicklee; 09-11-09 at 03:08 AM.
    09-11-09 03:01 AM
    Hspa wont launch till Oct. Says GSMA http://hspa.gsmworld.com/networks/detail.asp
    09-12-09 05:48 PM
    According to a local talk show radio station in Vancouver who discussed this on Friday (CKNW News 1130), it is indeed about Cheap Tuesdays at the movies again.
    09-13-09 03:59 AM
    Hspa wont launch till Oct. Says GSMA http://hspa.gsmworld.com/networks/detail.asp
    Thanks afor the info that was helpful

09-13-09 04:06 AM
    VANCOUVER (NEWS1130) - When the going gets tough, the tough go to the movies! Cineplex Entertainment has seen a big spike in attendance since the economic downturn began. Now the company is aiming to keep those seats filled by bringing back cheap Tuesdays.

Might have to make Tuesdays movie night instead of Friday now :P

Ah dang it I got soccer those nights
    09-13-09 08:16 AM
    Might have to make Tuesdays movie night instead of Friday now :P

Ah dang it I got soccer those nights
    Whoops.... forgot that had actually been posted! Thanks!
    09-13-09 01:24 PM
    So we are oct. 15th....
    09-15-09 06:53 AM
    still not sure and it's almost 10am on the 15th
    09-15-09 08:54 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD