Alright everybody here's the deal...I've got at&t...Got a 8310...Didn't even want a BB but my phone tweaked out and my buddy had an 8310 so he gave it to me...I NEVER used the internet...Now I want to start using it...I'm thinking of going to t-mobile cuz I LOVE the way the flip looks...My question is should I go with the flip if I'm going to go on the internet occasionally? How slow will it be? Should I just stay with at&t and get the bold since it's a 3G phone? Will it make that much of a speed difference? I've always loved flip phones and the fact that I wouldn't have to worry about dialing people also adds to me wanting the flip...
    08-11-09 11:10 AM
    If you are in a good coverage area, 3G will absolutely crush edge for download and upload speeds. Think dialup vs broadband. If you are going to do any serious web surfing, I consider 3G a must have. I thought a 3G Pearl flip was coming to AT&T so you might want to check into that. The T-mobile flip does have WIFI, which is far faster than either EDGE or 3G but you will always need a connection to use it.
    08-11-09 11:49 AM
    If you switch to tmobile you have the wifi option. Wifi in many cases can be faster than 3G. If your talking about doing serious surfing on the net than you need something with a real screen though the pearl flip is relatively small for that purpose. I suggest an 8900 or Bold. Honestly you don't really have to worry about pocket dialing there are totally ways to prevent that from happening.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 12:59 PM
    Wi-Fi's perfect for me...So I guess I get the best of both worlds! Thanks so much!
    08-11-09 01:00 PM
    The Bold has WiFi also and 3G and a bigger screen that makes browsing much easier and a way faster processor, if I was you ill deff go with the Bold, but is up to u, watever works well for you!
    08-11-09 01:04 PM
    Also, if you're considering T-Mobile, definitely don't discount the Curve 8900. It's all around great, like a Bold without 3G. It has WiFi and UMA calling, and the screen's big enough to handle easy web-surfing without making the phone as big as the Bold. (I figure size might be a factor because you mentioned liking the flip.)
    08-11-09 01:07 PM
    EDGE speeds are still pretty fast and with the wifi I don't think you can go wrong, as LONG as you got a good tmo signal in your town. You are more likely to have a good ATT signal. Also note Tmo has more attractive pricing. ATT (and Verizon for that matter) have better networks, BUT they charge you for it.
    08-11-09 01:21 PM
    Also, if you're considering T-Mobile, definitely don't discount the Curve 8900. It's all around great, like a Bold without 3G. It has WiFi and UMA calling, and the screen's big enough to handle easy web-surfing without making the phone as big as the Bold. (I figure size might be a factor because you mentioned liking the flip.)
    This is 100% correct since you like the flip you might like smaller phones if this is the case the 8900 might be rite for you, for me personally the Bold is the perfect size, the 8900 is too small for me but a very good device!
    08-11-09 01:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD