Just wondering when we might expect the next wave of BBs to be released, in terms of how it's happened before. For example, everything in the "Upcoming" forum seems to be well-established and sometimes even have release dates (even if they're a year away). At what point do the rumors, like the Magnum, because more solidified that it's actually a real phone with a general release period?

More specifically, when can we expect a replacement to a phone like the Tour? Is it usually a year later, or does it take longer? Does it take longer since it's a CDMA phone as well?

Thanks.
    07-02-09 09:41 AM
    Call RIM. I'm sure they'd be willing to divulge this information
    07-02-09 12:20 PM
    Call RIM. I'm sure they'd be willing to divulge this information
    ::sigh:: Like I said in my post, I'm asking for the trends based on what you've all seen previously. I don't need or expect specific details, so save your jackassery for someone else.
    07-02-09 12:29 PM
    I would say a year. I remember reading back in August or September of 2007 that a new Blackberry, possibly an "iPhone killer" was in the works. Then in November of 2008, the Storm graced us with its presence. I think solid facts came around 6 to 8 months out from the release date.
    07-02-09 12:38 PM
    I also think it depends on the type of the device and the resulting project size. The Storm probably surfaced earlier than most phones because the development team [OS, hardware, etc.] was larger than most since this was a whole new platform of phone. I feel the timeline is probably the same, but whenever you would have a larger group of people developing a project, the probability of someone leaking those details would increase. That's just my $.02.
    07-02-09 12:42 PM
    too many in a short period of time in which the devices are too similar to each other..... that's the trend
    07-02-09 01:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD