K.

So I watched the WWDC keynote. Gotta say. Looks pretty good. Hope my i4 gets most of the updates but looks like I won't be getting a few already.

I guess apple has been up to something. Much better than previous updates I must say.

But we all gotta be honest. Android had that stuff forever ago. They really do seem to be playing catchup now. And still no word on hardware.

So apple answered the call. They've made a change. Nothing ground-breaking by any means (actually that motion parallax home screen is pretty cool, gimmicky but cool). Its about time.

So to me now its goog that I'm wondering about. They done a lot I'll give them that. Learned some from this thread. But they can't get caught flat-footed now. BB is pumping on full-cylinders and driving hard globally. They are focused. Samsung keeps pushing and Tizen could be a game changer. Apple will please a lot of people and is a great product for the masses.

If you really look at it though. This is just getting started. Everything that has happened uptil now can mean nothing if you don't keep moving. Definitely a great slogan BB went with.
    06-10-13 10:36 PM
    Well I'll take that! Awesome.

But we can go the other way. What can the others do that BB10 can't. Im sure I'll get a bunch of stuff back about what android 'can' do but no one does.

But don't you see how awesome it is you are saying that? Just a while back they were saying how far behind BB was. They've caught up. You said it.

The great thing is they started from way behind and with their rate of innovation and progression the future looks very promising.

Add that to a secure network and one of the strongest foundations for mobile computing and it looks like they have a winner.

Just a side note, but aren't you impressed BB will be able to run Jelly bean, while im sure more than 50% of android users won't!
    They arent just developping their own system, but android runtime on top of that. Now that is impressive.
    Lol a few post up, gave you a real world example of "Internet of things" that BlackBerry keeps talking about. Everyone else is already doing it, what is BlackBerry doing?

The android player is a joke, a crutch at best because few developers were interested in pbos or bb10. Since you can't log in to BlackBerry World yourself, the section is pretty weak other than some games that bb owners aren't supposed to use in the first place.
    06-10-13 10:39 PM
    Oh Nice. Looks like its getting cheaper off-contract too.

Guess thats what happens with electronic devices huh.
    HTC one is coming down too.
    I wasn't able to click through to get to where I could buy it for 49 thought but ill try again.
    I think its almost time to buy one. I've done well holding off till now.
    06-10-13 10:41 PM
    K.

So I watched the WWDC keynote. Gotta say. Looks pretty good. Hope my i4 gets most of the updates but looks like I won't be getting a few already.

I guess apple has been up to something. Much better than previous updates I must say.

But we all gotta be honest. Android had that stuff forever ago. They really do seem to be playing catchup now. And still no word on hardware.

So apple answered the call. They've made a change. Nothing ground-breaking by any means (actually that motion parallax home screen is pretty cool, gimmicky but cool). Its about time.

So to me now its goog that I'm wondering about. They done a lot I'll give them that. Learned some from this thread. But they can't get caught flat-footed now. BB is pumping on full-cylinders and driving hard globally. They are focused. Samsung keeps pushing and Tizen could be a game changer. Apple will please a lot of people and is a great product for the masses.

If you really look at it though. This is just getting started. Everything that has happened uptil now can mean nothing if you don't keep moving. Definitely a great slogan BB went with.
    If blackberry can't get their biggest fan to support them, what does that say?
    mikeo007, kevinnugent and JeepBB like this.
    06-10-13 10:41 PM
    Lol a few post up, gave you a real world example of "Internet of things" that BlackBerry keeps talking about. Everyone else is already doing it, what is BlackBerry doing?

The android player is a joke, a crutch at best because few developers were interested in pbos or bb10. Since you can't log in to BlackBerry World yourself, the section is pretty weak other than some games that bb owners aren't supposed to use in the first place.
    You put a link to a phillips thing and then made an ambiguous remark about BB not being on it. Good one guy. You feeling good? lol

You mean the android player on android devices is a joke?
    It would suck to be someone with apple pie OS android and not be able to run the apps a BB user can
    06-10-13 10:44 PM
    You put a link to a phillips thing and then made an ambiguous remark about BB not being on it. Good one guy. You feeling good? lol

You mean the android player on android devices is a joke?
    It would suck to be someone with apple pie OS android and not be able to run the apps a BB user can
    Nope, I don't feel good at all, I'm the one using a Z to type this.

You should get one, misery loves company.

Whats the duopoly doing?-img_00000640.jpg
    06-10-13 10:50 PM
    If blackberry can't get their biggest fan to support them, what does that say?
    I've posted this before but I guess I gotta do it again.

I bought the 3GS when it came out, it was my first iphone. Never owned a blackberry. Awesmoe device and was very happy I bought it over BB. Had it for a year lost it and got the iphone4. Wasn't expected much but that screen was so much better. Had that for a year. Best device I'd ever had. In the ~2 years I had it I got at least 7-8 people to buy the phone. I am in no way an early adopter. The majority of people aren't. Thats reality. This forum isn't. I buy phones usually when I lose or break them. Lost my 9900 but fortunately still had the iphone that I had cracked the screen on but kept so Im back on that. Again. I am in no way an early adopter. Buying the newest phone even within the year its released isn't my thing. I know I get made fun of here for that but thats me. In the real world? I'm an early adopter. I got the iphone 2+ years before most of the people I know and I've lived across NA during that time and know a good amount of people. Again, I talked a lot of people into getting iphones. I'm sure it'll be the same with BB. I've already used it and its amazing. The fluidity and UI are genius. Plus the company is amazing despite the garbage on the internet. So I'll get the phone and support them I guess. Even I don't really care to. But I'll show people I know the phone and tell them they should get it too if I believe they should. Timelines on these forums are distorted from what reality is. A lot of people still don't know about BB10 or still have the negative perception that the media was pumping hard for a while, i know i know, BB is where they are cause BB. But the reality they have an awesome differentiated product out and its only going to gain momemtum with time. I assume when I get mine it'll still be moving on and upward. If I completely destroy or lose my iphone there is no doubt I'll be getting a BB10. Who knows, maybe I'll get a Q5 and fix the screen on the iphone so I still have an all touch and get an amazing physical KB.
    06-10-13 10:54 PM
    And this just happened

Whats the duopoly doing?-img_00000642.jpg
    06-10-13 10:56 PM
    Nope, I don't feel good at all, I'm the one using a Z to type this.

You should get one, misery loves company.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000640.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	170591
    I meant to complement you on the other posts from amazon.

Do you know what masochism is?
    You should seek help and speak to people if you need it. To spend money on a device you don't feel good about isn't healthy.
    But I'm sure your sitting in a room surrounding by a collection of devices.
    Definitely agree for some misery loves company. Obviously you are one of those people. So maybe you should look up sadism too!
    06-10-13 10:58 PM
    And this just happened

Name:	IMG_00000642.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	33.5 KB 
ID:	170595
    Oh no! poor thing.

Are you just trying to be a distraction?
    I'm going to repost what I said earlier to get this thing back on track.

06-10-13 11:00 PM
    Awesome!!!!

My playbook doesn't have the restore capability!!! Way to go BB!! Thanks h20
    06-10-13 11:01 PM
    I meant to complement you on the other posts from amazon.

Do you know what masochism is?
    You should seek help and speak to people if you need it. To spend money on a device you don't feel good about isn't healthy.
    But I'm sure your sitting in a room surrounding by a collection of devices.
    Definitely agree for some misery loves company. Obviously you are one of those people. So maybe you should look up sadism too!
    I'm sitting on my patio enjoying a vodka tonic. I'm old enough to drink legally, are you?

Which one of us is more qualified to discuss the merits or shortcomings of bb? The one who bought one on release or the one who doesn't own one?
    06-10-13 11:09 PM
    Awesome!!!!

My playbook doesn't have the restore capability!!! Way to go BB!! Thanks h20
    Bb7 had that feature. Also had the same crashes
    06-10-13 11:10 PM
    I'm sitting on my patio enjoying a vodka tonic. I'm old enough to drink legally, are you?

Which one of us is more qualified to discuss the merits or shortcomings of bb? The one who bought one on release or the one who doesn't own one?
    Maybe you should ease up on the vodka tonic. Alcohol has been indicated as a cause of depression. Its not good to drown your sorrows in booze.

I didn't know we were here to discuss the short-comings of BB. Did you read the title of the thread?
    There is a lof of other stuff to talk about but oh ya, misery loves company. All you want to do is talk about the negative. Really there is better outlooks on life to have. When my browser crashes on my computer or iphone know what I do? Reload it. Taking the time to post it on a forum seems completely ridiculous to me.

As for drinking legally, which country we talking here?
    06-10-13 11:14 PM
    Bb7 had that feature. Also had the same crashes
    Ya. Had a BB7. Didn't have the browser crashes. Uh oh! I can comment on it cause i owned one!. But BB10 is based off QNX, so its pretty awesome BB added the restore capability.

Oh, so you buy devices just to complain. But I'm bored now. I'll be sure to check back later. Maybe switch just to tonic.
    06-10-13 11:18 PM
    Maybe you should ease up on the vodka tonic. Alcohol has been indicated as a cause of depression. Its not good to drown your sorrows in booze.

I didn't know we were here to discuss the short-comings of BB. Did you read the title of the thread?
    There is a lof of other stuff to talk about but oh ya, misery loves company. All you want to do is talk about the negative. Really there is better outlooks on life to have. When my browser crashes on my computer or iphone know what I do? Reload it. Taking the time to post it on a forum seems completely ridiculous to me.

As for drinking legally, which country we talking here?
    You pick the country. I'm sure if you clean your room or promise to do extra chores, your parental unit/units will buy you a Z for Christmas
    06-10-13 11:20 PM
    Well I'll take that! Awesome.

But we can go the other way. What can the others do that BB10 can't. Im sure I'll get a bunch of stuff back about what android 'can' do but no one does.

But don't you see how awesome it is you are saying that? Just a while back they were saying how far behind BB was. They've caught up. You said it.

The great thing is they started from way behind and with their rate of innovation and progression the future looks very promising.

Add that to a secure network and one of the strongest foundations for mobile computing and it looks like they have a winner.

Just a side note, but aren't you impressed BB will be able to run Jelly bean, while im sure more than 50% of android users won't!
    They arent just developping their own system, but android runtime on top of that. Now that is impressive.
    But we can't go the other way.
    You made the claim with this thread that BlackBerry has innovated more than the big two, but you haven't been able to give me any examples of any actual innovation.
    You can try and spin it all you want, but the fact is BlackBerry has improved vastly but it hasn't bought anything new to the table

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 06:48 AM
    And this just happened

Name:	IMG_00000642.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	33.5 KB 
ID:	170595
    i had this earlier for the first time ever.
    I assume you are running the latest leak?
    06-11-13 01:57 PM
    i had this earlier for the first time ever.
    I assume you are running the latest leak?
    I've gotten these occasionally. Maybe like 4-5 times in the 2.5 months I've had my Z10.
    06-11-13 02:14 PM
    I've gotten these occasionally. Maybe like 4-5 times in the 2.5 months I've had my Z10.
    Ahh thanks. There goes my bright idea of thinking that they were linked to the latest update!
    I was trying to be too clever for my own good lol

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 07:08 PM
    Ahh thanks. There goes my bright idea of thinking that they were linked to the latest update!
    I was trying to be too clever for my own good lol

Posted via CB10
    I've had it happen on the official and various leaks. Completely random from what I can see.

I did think it was funny that it crashed while replying to this thread. Maybe the browser was trying to tell me something
    06-11-13 07:20 PM
    I've replied to those who have said things to me. The only people ignoring anything is the goo-crew.

Any outside viewer would notice this.

Just because they post in volume and like eachothers post doesn't mean they are right.

Then we have genious posters trying to distract from whats being said. Sooo. I'll say it again.

Android and Apple/iOS have stagnated.

They've done a lot to this point but their platforms are aging fast and they've rested on their laurels. So far from WWDC all I'm seeing is a UI facelift which was much needed. But is it too little too late? iPhone has already been losing marketshare.

Can you honestly say you are excited for what google has coming with android?

Lets not switch the subject yet again, get a couple likes from the goo-crew and then try to act like this is about me and not the fact that goo is ignoring droid for phones.

I guess I'll make the obvious answer to the thread title. NOT MUCH. LOL!
    I have to say: some good points here...the reason why I think Apple will hit a wall sometime in the future is because of the exorbitant prices they tag their unlocked phones with...and they will have a lot to deal with when the likes of Samsung, Nokia and Blackberry start replacing people's (from more under developed countries) feature phones...this is why marketshare for Apple will keep losing out to Android...

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 12:59 AM
    Ya. Had a BB7. Didn't have the browser crashes. Uh oh! I can comment on it cause i owned one!. But BB10 is based off QNX, so its pretty awesome BB added the restore capability.

Oh, so you buy devices just to complain. But I'm bored now. I'll be sure to check back later. Maybe switch just to tonic.
    http://mobile.theverge.com/2013/6/11...ored-1-billion
    h20work likes this.
    06-12-13 06:55 AM
    Google and Apple sure are innovating. The new OS for Apple is a breath of fresh air. I'm glad we were all able to showcase to other people thanks to hurds for starting the thread.
    h20work likes this.
    06-13-13 03:23 AM
149 ... 456