How many phones does TCL have to sell of the KEYone to break even. Also if they don't recoup what they spent on design & launch, this could be the first & last phone for BlackBerry. Just think if no body purchase what a disaster for TCL. The power is in your hands.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-17 07:20 PM
    Also if they don't recoup what they spent on design & launch, this could be the first & last phone for BlackBerry.
    This has been addressed a multitude of times. BlackBerry Mobile has a roadmap laid out until at least 2019, even if the KEYone never sells one unit, they're in it for a while. As for the other stuff, that has been brought up plenty of times as well. Easier to just tell you to watch / read this:

http://crackberry.com/passion-hardwa...ckberry-mobile

Now, excuse me. I have to go stop someone else from beating a dead horse.
    ray689 likes this.
    03-08-17 08:37 PM
    Yep lots of dead horse out there to beat.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-17 09:08 PM
  4. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    This has been addressed a multitude of times. BlackBerry Mobile has a roadmap laid out until at least 2019, even if the KEYone never sells one unit, they're in it for a while. As for the other stuff, that has been brought up plenty of times as well. Easier to just tell you to watch / read this:

http://crackberry.com/passion-hardwa...ckberry-mobile

Now, excuse me. I have to go stop someone else from beating a dead horse.
    Lol too funny...

Posted via CB10
    03-11-17 08:09 AM
    I find it hard to believe that a company only selling one unit if that was the case which we know won't be. Would be willing to invest time & money on a second unit. My hat of to Bla1ze towing the company line.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-17 10:54 AM
    I would like to know how much per device comes home.

I've heard a buck or two .. thrown around but that makes no sense.
    $20 bucks sounds good to me, so lets go with that.

3 licensees x 1.5 to 2 million devices sold per quarter = 4.5 to 6 million x $20 = 90 to 120 million

Now lets cut that in half = 45 to 60 million per qtr

This could get interesting.
    03-11-17 02:07 PM
    I find it hard to believe that a company only selling one unit if that was the case which we know won't be. Would be willing to invest time & money on a second unit. My hat of to Bla1ze towing the company line.

Posted via CB10
    Then you have not worked for a company that makes strategic bets and sets long terms goals. While it's obviously important to learn from setbacks, that doesn't mean a company should rethink it's overall strategy for a product line because the first product in the plan fails to perform.

The K1 will be a very useful exercise for TCL, and while, of course, they hope it will be a runaway hit, a failure would not invalidate their strategic plan.

I'm sure they know the market research and are not pretending that the Blackberry brand will guarantee a huge launch. They must believe in the potential value of a strong BlackBerry brand in the smartphone marketplace, and, if that's the case, realize that they will be responsible for rebuilding the brand's value.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    03-12-17 01:04 PM
    Very true,

Posted via CB10
    03-12-17 02:10 PM

Posted via CB10
    This.
    I think they're(CB and Kevin) getting money for the cheap marketing they are doing here. The product is not perfect in any way(OS, built, the stupid toolbelt with the android keys, formfactor, processor,price,keys.....) but they are acting Like as it is the new Bold 9900++++
    Sorry guys-someone just have to tell the truth!

via Passport OG
    03-12-17 02:22 PM
    This.
    I think they're(CB and Kevin) getting money for the cheap marketing they are doing here. The product is not perfect in any way(OS, built, the stupid toolbelt with the android keys, formfactor, processor,price,keys.....) but they are acting Like as it is the new Bold 9900++++

via Passport OG
    Your opinion=truth, ok got it thanks.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-12-17 03:10 PM
    This.

via Passport OG
    Crackberry is full of delusional conspiracy theorists. Some of the posts I read make me wonder if they gave the unabomber Internet access in prison.

Sorry guys- someone just needed to tell the truth.

Blackberry Poptart SE - Cricket Wireless
    03-13-17 05:54 AM

Posted via CB10
    By this logic, Apple would have thrown in the towel after the first iPhone considering by their standards the sales of the iphone in year one were abysmal.
    03-13-17 07:20 AM
    By this logic, Apple would have thrown in the towel after the first iPhone considering by their standards the sales of the iphone in year one were abysmal.
    Logic....

Never heard anyone say they considered selling 6 million iPhones in 2007/2008 as being abysmal. And that was on only four carriers in four countries. Sure that was a little over half the 11.5 Million BlackBerry sold back then, but I don't think anyone expected them to do even that well.

Enterprise is TCL stated goal for the BlackBerry brand, and I think the #1 issue for Enterprise with BlackBerry has been the lack of a roadmap or "faith" that BlackBerry would keep offering hardware solutions. Thus that is the main think TCL has to address.... at least in words. We will see if they are able to do more when we see what deals they have worked out with carriers, how much marketing they do, and how quickly the roll out devices to other markets.

Yes TCL has a long term roadmap... few minor bumps in the road, and they'll figure something out. They have a flat tire or run out of gas, the trips going to get cut short.
    03-13-17 08:09 AM
    Logic....

Never heard anyone say they considered selling 6 million iPhones in 2007/2008 as being abysmal. And that was on only four carriers in four countries. Sure that was a little over half the 11.5 Million BlackBerry sold back then, but I don't think anyone expected them to do even that well.

Enterprise is TCL stated goal for the BlackBerry brand, and I think the #1 issue for Enterprise with BlackBerry has been the lack of a roadmap or "faith" that BlackBerry would keep offering hardware solutions. Thus that is the main think TCL has to address.... at least in words. We will see if they are able to do more when we see what deals they have worked out with carriers, how much marketing they do, and how quickly the roll out devices to other markets.

Yes TCL has a long term roadmap... few minor bumps in the road, and they'll figure something out. They have a flat tire or run out of gas, the trips going to get cut short.
    They sold 1.39 million iPhone in 2007. And yes for them that is abysmal.
    03-13-17 08:23 AM
    They sold 1.39 million iPhone in 2007. And yes for them that is abysmal.
    You do know that 1,389,000 was cumulative fiscal 2007 sales, and that Apple's fiscal year ended just four months after the iPhone was launched?

What standard are you using to call it abysmal.... today's standards? Or those of 2007/2008?
    03-13-17 08:36 AM
    You do know that 1,389,000 was cumulative fiscal 2007 sales, and that Apple's fiscal year ended just four months after the iPhone was launched?

What standard are you using to call it abysmal.... today's standards? Or those of 2007/2008?
    You get in every thread and look for some way to hope this whole venture fails so you can jump in and say "I told you so" . You claim BlackBerry is now an obscure niche and has nothing for you yet you continue going on with fact and strategies that continually get proven wrong.
    TCL has a long term plan with this venture. Could this change? sure it can but I would be willing to bet it won't after one device. You know, that one device that you adamantly proclaimed was never coming in the first place.
    03-13-17 08:42 AM
    You get in every thread and look for some way to hope this whole venture fails so you can jump in and say "I told you so" . You claim BlackBerry is now an obscure niche and has nothing for you yet you continue going on with fact and strategies that continually get proven wrong.
    TCL has a long term plan with this venture. Could this change? sure it can but I would be willing to bet it won't after one device. You know, that one device that you adamantly proclaimed was never coming in the first place.
    But he does have a point about the lack of a roadmap.

Surprised it didn't lead to personal attacks...
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    03-13-17 09:18 AM
    03-13-17 09:23 AM
    Yes ibwill give him that but in the same breath, a road map on paper or an executive saying another device is coming this year ( on CB podcast) are no different really.
    03-13-17 09:43 AM
    This.

via Passport OG
    That is a possibility, not the truth. The product is IMHO perfect, the price does not. Once again, only an opinion.

It is also possible that CB and Kevin earn something from "a bit marketing". But hey, if it is true, why not? He invested his time for that and with passion. Definitely much better than Alicia Keys.
    03-13-17 10:59 AM
    Yes ibwill give him that but in the same breath, a road map on paper or an executive saying another device is coming this year ( on CB podcast) are no different really.
    It is different, because no CEO or other outside of CB are listening to CB Podcasts. They are looking for a roadmap or even some basic infos about future plans.
    They know BB is getting out of HW from the media. And I guarantee you no one cares about BBMobile etc. For the consumer its BB. They dont care about TCL or other ventures.

via Passport OG
    03-13-17 12:42 PM
    It is different, because no CEO or other outside of CB are listening to CB Podcasts. They are looking for a roadmap or even some basic infos about future plans.
    They know BB is getting out of HW from the media. And I guarantee you no one cares about BBMobile etc. For the consumer its BB. They dont care about TCL or other ventures.

via Passport OG
    What CEO or consumer ever looks for a road map? In fact, road maps for most companies are a thing of the past. I'm not saying they had to listen to CB podcast. The statements of more devices coming (from a TCL executive who was on the CB podcast and not just CB reps) were reported on by many tech site just as a road map on paper would be. That basic info about future plans you just mentioned, yes that was TCL saying they have future plans. Not sure what else you expect.

And if they don't care about BlackBerry mobile then they don't care about BlackBerry devices. If you want such a road map it will not come from BlackBerry ever but rather from BlackBerry mobile which is who stated more devices are coming. I don't think you understand this business arrangement.
    03-13-17 01:00 PM
    What CEO or consumer ever looks for a road map? In fact, road maps for most companies are a thing of the past. I'm not saying they had to listen to CB podcast. The statements of more devices coming (from a TCL executive who was on the CB podcast and not just CB reps) were reported on by many tech site just as a road map on paper would be. That basic info about future plans you just mentioned, yes that was TCL saying they have future plans. Not sure what else you expect.

And if they don't care about BlackBerry mobile then they don't care about BlackBerry devices. If you want such a road map it will not come from BlackBerry ever but rather from BlackBerry mobile which is who stated more devices are coming. I don't think you understand this business arrangement.
    A CEO dont care if its BB or BBMo.
    Look, if you are going to buy bulk it is important to know that the company will still be alive in a couple of years!!!
    I think you dont know how corporate buyers act

via Passport OG
    03-13-17 04:12 PM
    I disagree with that. CEOs are a lot more comfortable buying a first-party product than a third-party product. That added complexity means that anything could happen - but most often, it means that support is more difficult and complicated, which is not endearing to a corporation.

Look, if you are going to buy bulk it is important to know that the company will still be alive in a couple of years!!!
    This is absolutely true - but it's also why few corporations are going to buy from BB Mobile. The company could stop making phones at anytime, or stop supporting them relatively quickly, and it's unlikely BB could or would pick up the slack. The only positive is that, because these are Android phones, the investment risk is somewhat mitigated by the fact that they could switch devices easily and not lose any apps (especially expensive, custom-written apps) or data. But that would cost money that they won't want to spend, which is why so many companies are willing to pay more for a big, market-leading brand like Apple or Samsung, and less likely to buy HTC, LG, Moto, and certainly BB.

As such, I think the vast majority of K1 sales will come from individual consumers, not from enterprise or government. That's been true of all post-BBOS BB phones, including BB10.
    03-13-17 05:17 PM
    I think you dont know how corporate buyers act

via Passport OG
    Again, what part of TCL saying another device or likely 2 are coming and Cobfirming that is any different then a piece of paper with pictures of blurred out slabs?
    Corporate buyers don't go online to see a pictures of a road map and say, well hey there is a paper showing this so I'm going to buy devices.
    No they actually meet with the company in question and their sales reps and get their answers that way. So clearly you don't know how it works. You are so hung up on a road map like the days when they used to leak out and everyone gets up in arms only to find out half of the stuff didn't even happen anyways. I would take the word of an executive about their plans over a road map. And i know CEOs don't care if it's BlackBerry or BlackBerry mobile, you were the one who said that in the first place.

Tell me, when is the last time you saw any company release a road map exactly?
    03-13-17 05:26 PM
36 12