I was so disappointed with the Q10 I actually returned it.

It's amazing to me but I find the 9930 to be closer to the perfect messaging phone than the Q10.

I timed lots of my most common tasks and they were faster on the 9930.

I wasn't looking for an iPhone competitor and I think Blackberry went too much like Microsoft thinking "touch, touch, touch" when it comes to their os. Flipping around the the Q10 was disorienting. On some pages the back arrow is on top, on some pages it's on the bottom, and sometimes you just flat out reach a dead end street.

Now let's discuss Blackberry's decisions over the past few years in general.

Why are you wasting time building a music service when you should be building your own version of Google Docs, Evernote, Twitter, or Dropbox. Then again why didn't you purchase companies like those in their infancy? Isn't a Blackberry the ultimate social networking device? Blogging device? Texting? Isn't this your audience and a huge one but you have done such a poor job making this clear both in your marketing and software decisions.

We don't care about watching movies or listening to music on our blackberry, we want the best darn messaging device in the world. If you need spend money to make the most popular media and news sites look beautiful on a Blackberry.

Strip down the Blackberry to nothing but messaging, calendar, notes, and an amazing camera/video quality.

Please do this before you die.
    Fnen90 likes this.
    07-23-13 05:13 PM
    07-23-13 05:33 PM
    ...snip...We don't care about watching movies or listening to music on our blackberry, we want the best darn messaging device in the world. If you need spend money to make the most popular media and news sites look beautiful on a Blackberry.

Strip down the Blackberry to nothing but messaging, calendar, notes, and an amazing camera/video quality.

Please do this before you die.
    Blackberry 2007, thus we are where were at.

The mobile world has moved beyond "nothing but messaging, calendar, notes, and an amazing camera/video quality."

What you are describing is a feature phone.

Go grab one.
    07-23-13 05:39 PM
    BBRY owns Doc to Go...

As for concentrating on touch... the market has pretty much spoken and that is what the vast majority of people want. Keyboards are a small niche only.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 06:29 PM
    Interesting first post..........totally legit

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    Fnen90 likes this.
    07-23-13 06:39 PM
    I wonder if there would be a market for a non-touch, or limited touch device, like the old BB, except with modern APIs. It was the APIs and programming model in BB7 that was awful, maybe not necessarily the lack of touch.

Maybe they shouldn't be aiming at iOS and Android at all, but rather something quite different? Imagine a Bold without java and with a proper modern OS and developer tools, so we could build good apps.

Honestly, I would buy that device as my work phone in addition to my primary iPhone.
    07-23-13 07:00 PM