It's been a while since I've uploaded a photo to the forum.

I used the following post a long time ago to learn how to do it:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f16/pos...-forums-56055/

The only thing, this post is 2 years old. I'm sure by now things have changed.

I now see that Flickr has a mobile app, as well as PhotoBucket.
    I haven't downloaded either, but I plan on based on what others say is the best way to go.
    Do anyone recommending using the Flickr or PhotoBucket mobile app as a way to upload your photo from your BlackBerry, then being able to grab the link and post it in the forum?

I searched the forums, as well as Google for the answer.
    I kept getting posts that were 1 or 2 years old.
    06-11-10 09:17 PM
    I use PhotoBucket exclusuvely. If I am out and need to post something to the
    Photo Scavenger Hunt I find the mobile app serviceable though a bit cumbersome.

Never used Flickr at all so I can't speak to that.
    06-11-10 11:21 PM
    I use PhotoBucket exclusuvely. If I am out and need to post something to the
    Photo Scavenger Hunt I find the mobile app serviceable though a bit cumbersome.

Never used Flickr at all so I can't speak to that.
    What's a Photo Scavenger Hunt?
    06-11-10 11:23 PM
    What's a Photo Scavenger Hunt?
    It's a game we started in Social almost 2 years ago

http://forums.crackberry.com/f51/pho...er-hunt-55317/
    06-11-10 11:32 PM
    It's a game we started in Social almost 2 years ago

http://forums.crackberry.com/f51/pho...er-hunt-55317/
    Oh, OK. I was lost there for a moment.
    06-12-10 02:20 AM
    +1 for what AG said, I post all my screenshots from Photobucket.
    06-12-10 08:30 AM
    +1 for what AG said, I post all my screenshots from Photobucket.
    What's the most effecient way of getting them from your phone to PhotoBucket's site?
    Do you use the mobile application, or do you send the picture to your PC and from there?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-10 08:40 AM
    For me the most efficient way is from PC to site, but that is because I have my
    netbook with me most of the time.

The mobile site works and some find it completely workable.
    06-12-10 09:12 AM
    Perhaps I should stick with PhotoBucket. They were the easiest a year or ago, and it still seems as though they're still the best in regards to adding photos to the site.
    I was just curious about Flickr because that's all you hear now days, and the download icon is pushed to my phone.

06-12-10 09:20 AM
    You can also use your device alone to post on CB - log into Photobucket and follow the directions to get an exclusive Photobucket email address to send photos to. Once you have the email addy saved in your BlackBerry address book, you can send pics from your device to Photobucket. After your photo has been received by Photobucket, you will get a confirmation email to your device that looks like:

Well done!

Your file has successfully uploaded to your Photobucket account.

Watch it and share the link to the file here:

http//s416.photobucket.com/albums/pp241/exelant/?action=view&current=SU1HMDAwMDctMjAxMDA2MTAtMTQxN S5qcGc.jpg]SU1HMDAwMDctMjAxMDA2MTAtMTQxNS5qcGc .jpg picture by exelant - Photobucket

You can then use the http:\... string to post your photo on CB without going to Photobucket. Simply use the IMG code and delete the part of the string that doesn't belong and your photo will be there! You will need to visit Photobucket once or twice to identify the part of the string that doesn't belong. Looking at mine above, I can see that the part that
    says: ?action=view&current= isn't in the picture's address at photobucket, so I delete that part and post the photo. it will look like:

[IMG] http //s416.photobucket.com/albums/pp241/exelant/SU1HMDAwMDctMjAxMDA2MTAtMTQxNS5qcGc .jpg [/IMG]

(Note: I added spaces to the lines and deleted the colons after http so the picture wouldn't post or include a url.)

Good luck, and let me know if I've throughly confused you.
    Last edited by exelant; 06-12-10 at 12:48 PM.
    06-12-10 12:43 PM
    You can also use your device alone to post on CB - log into Photobucket and follow the directions to get an exclusive Photobucket email address to send photos to. Once you have the email addy saved in your BlackBerry address book, you can send pics from your device to Photobucket. After your photo has been received by Photobucket, you will get a confirmation email to your device that looks like:

Well done!

Your file has successfully uploaded to your Photobucket account.

Watch it and share the link to the file here:

http//s416.photobucket.com/albums/pp241/exelant/?action=view&current=SU1HMDAwMDctMjAxMDA2MTAtMTQxN S5qcGc.jpg]SU1HMDAwMDctMjAxMDA2MTAtMTQxNS5qcGc .jpg picture by exelant - Photobucket

You can then use the http:\... string to post your photo on CB without going to Photobucket. Simply use the IMG code and delete the part of the string that doesn't belong and your photo will be there! You will need to visit Photobucket once or twice to identify the part of the string that doesn't belong. Looking at mine above, I can see that the part that
    says: ?action=view&current= isn't in the picture's address at photobucket, so I delete that part and post the photo. it will look like:

[IMG] http //s416.photobucket.com/albums/pp241/exelant/SU1HMDAwMDctMjAxMDA2MTAtMTQxNS5qcGc .jpg [/IMG]

(Note: I added spaces to the lines and deleted the colons after http so the picture wouldn't post or include a url.)

Good luck, and let me know if I've throughly confused you.
    Wow!!! This is awesome. Thanks for taking the time to post your method, and to explain how you go about doing it. I can't wait to give it a try.
    This method seems pretty simple once I learn how to do it. It shouldn't take me long to figure it out, I hope.

06-12-10 01:07 PM
    Wow!!! This is awesome. Thanks for taking the time to post your method, and to explain how you go about doing it. I can't wait to give it a try.
    This method seems pretty simple once I learn how to do it. It shouldn't take me long to figure it out, I hope.

Just let me know if you need help.
    06-12-10 01:23 PM
    I uploaded my picture to photobucket with my phtobucket Email upload account. Picture uploaded fine. I clicked on the link where I'm able to copy the various links it provides. When I try to copy the link using my phones browser, I'm unable to tell how much of the link I'm copying. As I scroll from left to right, the link doesn't scroll either. Therefore I have no way of knowing ig I've copied the part of the link or the entire link. Is there a setting in the BlackBerry browser that could change this?

06-12-10 01:34 PM
    Thanks for your help. The Email upload method is easy. I just posted an image to the forum.
    I copied the link from the Email photobucket sent me. I pasted it into the Bolt browser instead. It was much easier to copy the link through the Bolt browser. As soon as I clicked on the link field, it selected the entire link for me. All I had to do was select Copy. I then went to the forum post and pasted the link.
    Thanks for all your help!!

06-12-10 01:44 PM
    Sweet. Good for you! FYI, I almost never go to Photobucket anymore using the email method. And you're right, it's hard to tell sometimes if you're copying the whole line - I would go right to left, . Now it's time to work on colored text.

Last edited by exelant; 06-12-10 at 03:32 PM.
    06-12-10 03:28 PM
    Sweet. Good for you! FYI, I almost never go to Photobucket anymore using the email method. And you're right, it's hard to tell sometimes if you're copying the whole line - I would go right to left, . Now it's time to work on colored text.

Cool. As for colored text, do you have to remember the coding for it, or is there a shortcut method you use?

06-12-10 09:41 PM
    I ues autotext for my favorite colors. I'll name the following B1 [ color=blue] [/color ] and put my text in the middle of the brackets. Just remember there are no spaces iside the brackets. Most ordinary color names can be written. You can google to find vb codes for other colors.

Last edited by exelant; 06-13-10 at 03:02 AM.
    06-13-10 02:19 AM
    Good stuff exelant. I knew the color coding but the email to PhotoBucket will
    definitely come in handy.
    06-13-10 03:12 AM
    I ues autotext for my favorite colors. I'll name the following B1 [ color=blue] [/color ] and put my text in the middle of the brackets. Just remember there are no spaces iside the brackets. Most ordinary color names can be written. You can google to find vb codes for other colors.

Awesome! Thanks for the tip. I use AutoText all the time. It never occured to me to use it for color coding. Great tip!!!

06-13-10 03:59 AM
    Is there a limit on the amount of pictures you can have on Photobucket?
    06-13-10 12:36 PM
    For me the most efficient way is from PC to site, but that is because I have my
    netbook with me most of the time.

The mobile site works and some find it completely workable.
    I know you have an iPhone. So the actual Photobucket app works flawlessly. You upload directly from your phone with the app, and you get all the image url's right there.
    06-13-10 02:23 PM
    I know you have an iPhone. So the actual Photobucket app works flawlessly. You upload directly from your phone with the app, and you get all the image url's right there.
    Roger that. I was addressing the issue from the BB standpoint. iPhone definitely
    is much much easier.
    06-13-10 03:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD