I think this is a question the majority of users are looking for on this website. If I have no wifi and data, and I don't have a dataplan with my carrier at all, what is the best gps program to get? MGmaps does not have voice, or exit warning which I thing is a huge let down. What programs would you all recommend, hopefully free,but even paid and popular that would fit the above criteria
    07-18-09 10:08 PM
    I do not believe there is such a program available for BB's. Garmin may have had a version where the maps were on an sd card but I have not read about it in quite a while. You can check their site.
    07-18-09 11:47 PM
    To my knowledge, there is no such thing. Blackberry's are designed to have a data plan. I highly recommend one.
    07-18-09 11:54 PM
    To my knowledge, there is no such thing.
    Yes, there is ...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f41/gps...d-maps-262368/
    07-19-09 10:22 AM
    Does Trekbuddy give vocal instructions? I THINK he wanted NON-data mapping and turn-by-turn.
    07-19-09 07:52 PM
    Oops ...

Apparently, not turn-by-turn, just an arrow that point in the direction of your destination.

Offline Maps with Turn by Turn Directions (Wi fi needed) - BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community
    07-19-09 08:38 PM
    there has to be one. tried to try amaze gps and i think you do need a gps connection.
    07-19-09 10:31 PM
    Amaze needs an initial data connection to calculate the route. Once you have that, it doesn't use data (unless you are in map view) while displaying arrows (and staying on the calculated course). If you go off course, then it will use data again to recalculate. Nav4All does the same thing.

Of course, if you have the map displayed, it uses data to build the maps.
    07-20-09 05:46 AM
    don't see why it can't use another gps' .map, which i have already ran on for the intended task
    07-20-09 08:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD