I've heard about drawbacks on the bold and curve. I'm not sure if any new BB's are coming up soon... lots of rumors though. Wondering if I should just wait?
    10-01-09 07:07 PM
    Bold 9700 is just right around the corner. Personally, i would wait for that.
    10-01-09 07:11 PM
    imho i think that it all depends if you're on a 3G area. where i live, i have great service with AT&T but there is no 3G so i love my 8900. if you're in a 3G area, i would say the Bold but like Garz said. 9700 is right around the corner.
    10-01-09 07:17 PM
    i honestly think the 9700 is a disappointment, so id say go with the current bold !
    10-01-09 08:55 PM
    i honestly think the 9700 is a disappointment, so id say go with the current bold !
    How do you know? It's not even out yet, heck not even official specs have been released.

I plan to switch to AT&T as coverage with Sprint is terrible. Should I make the jump now and get the Bold 9000 or wait for the Bold 9700?
    10-02-09 05:39 AM
    And then you would have too little memory, a lower res screen, no touchpad, and an outdated 2MP camera...

The only argument I could see for this point is if you like the huge form factor of the Bold 9000.

10-02-09 09:11 AM
    If you are going to go with AT&T, the BOLD (9000) is your best bet right now. If you are willing to wait a month or two, the BOLD (9700) will be your best bet. Even though it is going to be a little smaller, it is faster and has a better camera.
    10-02-09 09:24 AM
    I guess I'll wait for the 9700 and then decide between that and the Bold.
    10-05-09 08:14 PM
    How do you know? It's not even out yet, heck not even official specs have been released.

I plan to switch to AT&T as coverage with Sprint is terrible. Should I make the jump now and get the Bold 9000 or wait for the Bold 9700?

Coverage wise AT&T may be good, but data access is very slow and 3G coverage is not great. I've used a couple of Verizon phones and data access seems super fast. You might want to do some research before you switch.
    10-05-09 08:18 PM
    Depends who you ask! I'd say the Curve 8900!

Seriously, I'm aware of the new 9700 but I can't see upgrading to it just yet. The EDGE service suits me just fine. Plus I hear the 3G is a battery hog.

Besides I have WiFi so the lack of 3G isn't a big deal to me. However the Trackpad does seem interesting.

So I'd still vote on my 8900. Btw I did choose the 8900 over the Bold.

Now having said all that, if I didn't have a BB device at all yet. I may choose the 9700!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-09 09:37 PM
    9700 is the best of the Tour Bold and 8900 all rolled into one Except if you like the bigger form factor...

Personally I love my new 8900, but since I got it used, off contract, I may switch to a 9700 when they're released. It's supposed to have BETTER battery life than the 8900 or Tour, is the fastest Berry ever, plus the good camera, screen wifi and GPS... *drool*...

My biggest (and so far only) complaint about my 8900 is the lack of 3G. Yeah, WiFi is great... when I'm at home or the office.
    The problem is when I'm on the road, the slowness of EDGE is SO much more noticeable after being on WiFi...
    10-05-09 10:07 PM
    The best blackberry is the one that fits your needs the most, not mine or anyone else's.
    10-06-09 09:25 AM
    Current Bold!
    10-06-09 09:27 AM
    The best blackberry is the one that fits your needs the most, not mine or anyone else's.
    This is exactly what I was going to type but tgeekb beat me to it. Go to your AT&T store and play with the demo units. Actually pick them up, type on them, play a game or two of brickbreaker. Only then will you know which one is the best for you.
    10-06-09 10:04 AM
    It would be the bold, if it had a better camera! :-p to the Curve!!
    10-12-09 01:05 PM
    i had to make the same decision last week as i have at&t and was upgrading to a blackberry. initially i wanted the 8700 but after testing them out in-hand i went with with bold. i just couldnt wait for the onyx to come out though it seems like the best of everything feature-wise, at least from basic specs/details. the pricing (if that's an issue) would lead ppl towards the bold as its only 50 more than the 8700 and i believe a hundred less than what the onyx will be starting at ($300).

story short, i say bold
    10-12-09 02:10 PM
    I've heard about drawbacks on the bold and curve. I'm not sure if any new BB's are coming up soon... lots of rumors though. Wondering if I should just wait?
    Search much?
    10-12-09 02:47 PM
    I would have to say wait for the BlackBerry Bold 9700. Spec wise it is a better device (and appearance wise for me as well) currently I would have to go with the 8900 because, also, spec wise its a better device, not just that but its also not a cement block with a keyboard on it the 8900 perfectly fits into my hands and pockets. Now, this may be a hand size thing of course but when I used the Bold 9000 I couldn't get across the other side of the keyboard using just one hand, I had to use both to use that thing. It really is a big device, which I happen to dislike. In conclusion, I would wait for the BlackBerry Bold 9700 (but if you have no patience the 8900 would be the device for me)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-09 04:24 PM
    8820 all day everyday for years now
    10-12-09 04:27 PM
    The carrier that provides the best service is the one to go with. Then narrow it down to the phones they support. If a Bold is one of them it can't be beat. New stuff coming out but not enough for me to fork out the money and find out if it is going to work for me.

I looked at a lot of phones out there and the Bold was the smartest move I made and it was out for a while before I decided.

With new stuff coming out it is better to wait and see how it fairs in the real world. Never buy the first thing that is put out. Look at the iPhone and see where it is at today. I would say the Bold pretty much kept a good competition going and making it change 3 gens to get to where it is at.

Then again what do you want to use it for?

Mike
    10-12-09 08:27 PM
    Truer words have never been spoken.

Here's my question though, the Bold has 128mb of application memory. To the best of my knowledge thats twice as much as any other BlackBerry save one (which I don't remember the name) that has 256mb. So how is that "too little memory?"
    10-12-09 09:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD