hi
    does anyone know a great app to silently block/and or reject unknown and private callers?
    I don't want an unknown caller to get thru so my phone shouldn't ring at all before the app gets involved.
    I prefer if they heard a busy signal or just drop their call. It would be awesome if they were given a recording like the landlines.
    "your call cannot go thru, hang up and dial *82"

I know there's a bunch of apps that claim they block calls but all the reviews on all of em are inconsistent.

thanks for any help
    06-02-12 01:25 PM
    Call Control Pro. You can set it to block all but your contact list, unknown calls, blacklisted calls, and there's even a setting to block all calls. I've had it for a couple of years and it works great.
    06-02-12 01:32 PM
    Check with your carrier. Many offer that service for free.

Penned via Tapatalk.
    06-02-12 02:04 PM
    I use call blocker lite for calls and SMS blocker for text messages.

Both are free and since downloading them they have worked flawlessly.

Before downloading call blocker lite I called Vodafone to ask if they could block upto 10 numbers just like some US carriers and they said they couldn't. ......Vodafone is only a small company eh
    06-02-12 02:20 PM
    hi
    does anyone know a great app to silently block/and or reject unknown and private callers?
    I don't want an unknown caller to get thru so my phone shouldn't ring at all before the app gets involved.
    I prefer if they heard a busy signal or just drop their call. It would be awesome if they were given a recording like the landlines.
    "your call cannot go thru, hang up and dial *82"

I know there's a bunch of apps that claim they block calls but all the reviews on all of em are inconsistent.

thanks for any help
    Since you only have 4 posts, I'm going to assume (perhaps incorrectly) that you're new to Blackberry. Maybe even to having a cell number. What are you trying to block? Here's why I ask.

I have a friend who moved to Asia and calls me a couple of times a month via Skype. And several customers who use VOIP. All show up on my end as "Unknown". I use MagicJack for unlimited long distance. That shows up in some locales as "Unknown" without my ever blocking my number.

I'm mentioning these examples because, whether you answer here or not, you should consider whether you'll also be blocking some people you might not want to. And which is more important -- blocking some or letting some through. As good as Blackberry stuff is, even some apps don't always install and/or uninstall as cleanly as they ought to. So, it's good to think this through, as much as possible, before going through the whole process. Hope you find the right solution, whatever your decision is.
    06-02-12 02:50 PM
    You CAN block message of all type from your phone with out installing any app. Just go to fire wall and checked what kind of message you want to block. Don't know much about calls
    06-02-12 04:13 PM
    The newer versions of OS 7.1 have parental controls which allow you to only accept calls from numbers in the contacts list.
    06-02-12 05:36 PM
    I use privacy star, however all it does to block a call is automatically answer then hang up. It's a paid subscription but I don't mind because you can also use it to look up numbers and it will show you what name the phone is registrard under.
    06-02-12 05:43 PM
    I used Call Blocker Pro when I used BlackBerry.
    06-02-12 05:48 PM
    I've been using Call Control Pro for a couple years. It works great, will block unknown and private calls, you can create a blacklist. I have mine set to pick up and hang up. Callers hear nothing! You can use it to block specific numbers or area codes.
    06-02-12 06:04 PM
    I use X-Blocker. It works well for me on my 9900. Call Blocker Pro is also a good app for what you want.
    06-02-12 08:37 PM
    I am not having much luck using call apps with this device (as opposed to older BB's that ran on the BlackBerry OS). For rejecting blocked/ private/unknown number, though, I just check that option in the phone's settings - my phone doesn't ring at all and callers do not get through to my VM (exactly what I want).
    01-30-17 10:07 PM
    I use X-Blocker. It works well for me on my 9900. Call Blocker Pro is also a good app for what you want.
    Ive tried several on my 9900 and none seem any good. Is X-Blocker a free one or how much does it cost?

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    01-31-17 06:29 PM
    Ive tried several on my 9900 and none seem any good. Is X-Blocker a free one or how much does it cost?

Unfortunately, I can't remember. I haven't used my 9900 in years. I believe it was a paid app though. I don't recall it being free. Sorry that I'm not very helpful on this.
    01-31-17 09:30 PM
    Unfortunately, I can't remember. I haven't used my 9900 in years. I believe it was a paid app though. I don't recall it being free. Sorry that I'm not very helpful on this.
    No that's cool, I'll check App World thnx.

01-31-17 09:43 PM
    Application "Call Blockr 10" download from BBW

Posted via CB10
    03-22-17 06:37 AM
    "What's the best app to block "UNKNOWN" callers?"

I hang up. Oh sorry, you meant an application for blocking!
    03-22-17 09:44 PM
    Just an FYI. If you are expecting a call from a Doctor or other professional after office hours, most will call from personal numbers that will show as unknown. So blocking all unknown numbers isn't that smart.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-17 09:59 PM
    "What's the best app to block "UNKNOWN" callers?"

I hang up. Oh sorry, you meant an application for blocking!
    The only problem is phone scammers can be from out of country, and when they call the next time and the next time after that, as soon as you answer that's 50 cents+ for each call. And they can use different numbers each time...

So blocking enough of them will possibly make it so they don't bother anymore.
    03-24-17 12:40 AM
    The only problem is phone scammers can be from out of country, and when they call the next time and the next time after that, as soon as you answer that's 50 cents+ for each call. And they can use different numbers each time...

So blocking enough of them will possibly make it so they don't bother anymore.
    Sorry, by "hang up" I meant to press the end call button without even answering it.
    03-24-17 01:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD