Sure. But your whole thread started out claiming that either unrelated company owes you something because of old business model that doesn’t exist anymore. I’m still waiting for you to explain that one.

Your statement was that BB LTD owes its customers and I agree. It’s customers are BBMo/TCL and Emtek. I’m still not understanding why you think BB LTD owes you anything.
    You are free to replace "Blackberry" with all other applicable companies that also carry the name "Blackberry"
    08-25-18 06:42 PM
    You are free to replace "Blackberry" with all other applicable companies that also carry the name "Blackberry"
    Still owe you nothing though do they?
    08-25-18 08:31 PM
    Still owe you nothing though do they?
    They don't owe me. I bought a product and they delivered. BBM is free and it remains free. However that doesn't mean that I'm not annoyed when a Blackberry branded app on a Blackberry branded phone is targeting me with advertising. I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't see it reasonable and good practice that this shouldn't happen.
    08-25-18 08:49 PM
    Nothing is free. That’s like being irritated with commercials on free tv. Even cable tv has commercials though we pay for it. Everybody has to make a living right?
    pdr733 likes this.
    08-25-18 08:52 PM
    Nothing is free. That’s like being irritated with commercials on free tv. Even cable tv has commercials though we pay for it. Everybody has to make a living right?
    BBM has other forms of revenue other than advertising. Blackberry/TCL(and others)/Emtek can make an agreement to have BBM advertising free (for blackberry branded devices) even if it's a few bucks added on top of the device cost. It's $12/year to subscribe for ad free with BBM. Emtek would probably make more if each BBMo device was charged a fraction of that cost.

It's ridiculous these agreements weren't baked in from the start
    Last edited by DamianWarS; 09-08-18 at 09:24 AM.
    08-25-18 11:49 PM
    Because BlackBerry has nothing to do with consumer BBM on Android and iOS. It's an Emtek product.
    Not true BlackBerry create and support BBM.
    Check the Play Store publisher.
    It is the consumerisation a marketing element off BBM that is controlled by Emtek.
    Marketing comes out of Indonesia.
    Most of the groups are Indonesia based.
    The text message service and video service is now controlled from Singapore and a different company.
    But nobody is being very clear on that except that the app itself BBM is clearly produced by BlackBerry.
    Last edited by nevilleadaniels; 11-08-18 at 06:11 AM.
    11-08-18 05:59 AM
    Not true BlackBerry create and support BBM.
    Check the Play Store publisher.
    It is the consumerisation a marketing element off BBM that is controlled by Emtek.
    Marketing comes out of Indonesia.
    Most of the groups are Indonesia based.
    The text message service and video service is now controlled from Singapore and a different company.
    But nobody is being very clear on that except that the app itself BBM is clearly produced by BlackBerry.
    Nope. Emtek does everything with consumer BBM - including software development.

"Signature" on Play Store is just vestigial.
    11-08-18 06:59 AM
    Nope. Emtek does everything with consumer BBM - including software development.

"Signature" on Play Store is just vestigial.
    That sounds like it is fast becoming likewise for the rest of BlackBerry unfortunately. They need to clarify that, and FAST.
    11-08-18 07:23 AM
33 12