Lol@ at the myth that costumers should contact the developer instead of BlackBerry.

Also wrong and a myth. When I buy a device and see that some major apps are missing, then it is Blackberry's responsibility to take action and contact the devs and give them some incentives.

Costumer is king. So BlackBerry should talk to the major app devs to bring out native apps. Do you think these companies will read Joe Does email??? Bahahahhahahaahhahaah.

But when BlackBerry contacts them, it can help and have a better impact. What I do have to do with contacting the devs. It is Blackberry's responsibility. What have they done? Did they took action? In 2013 yes! But now????

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 06:28 AM
    And on a sidenote.

I must say, I remember when I visited CB on 2010 when I had an Iphone. I was laughing about Blackberry, but wondered about the enthusiasm here. Really, I thought:" Oh my, why don't they buy an Iphone? It's so much better."

It was the hard work of Kevin and the users here. In 2011 I had enough of Iphone because it was too mainstream and I switched to Blackberry! And up until now, CB is the only BB related site with passion and daily content. Blaze was right. Where are these high fistpumping BB sites we used to know now??? Many were cool in BBs hight. And on 2012 many left. CB is the only site with daily content. They gift the masses with FREE Passport and Classic. where have you 5,000+ comments begging for something free???

Yeah, I get it: Stickers, and useless App announcement form the Android store. I know. But at least this site is very active. I check out this site everyday! Whether on my laptop or Q10. Thats why it's called "Crack"berry. LOL.

And though I am not that Kevin fan anymore because he really changed, I give him kudos to his work he made here. And freedom of speech. I know many sites, where when you are not political correct or obey to admins rules, you get banned! And I am not the conformist and I do have my own opinions. And I am still here! Yes, some reprimands, but I can say my opinion. For this I give him kudos. Also, I hope Blaze stays here fo life! Without him, it's like someone take my Blackberry away and give me a pink Flipphone. I would get very sad. LOL!

Long live CrackBerry! Yeah, give me the sticker article, let me say First sometimes. I just love you guys!
    JesseBabe23 likes this.
    01-15-15 07:52 AM
    It will be a shock for Blackberry users (who like iOS users are highly-engaged) to see first hand that quality on Android is practically non-existent. Truth be told: app developers do not QA android apps. It's nearly impossible to & prohibitively too expensive to QA on Android. So no ones does.
    You don't really believe this drivel, do you? LOL.
    Bbnivende and DrBoomBotz like this.
    01-15-15 09:55 AM
    Oh I think he does

Z 30
    01-15-15 12:17 PM
    How come apps maker has to be made by others. Every phone company should make their own apps

Z 30
    01-15-15 12:19 PM
    How come apps maker has to be made by others. Every phone company should make their own apps.
    That's like saying that every tire company should make their own cars.

Many apps are designed to tie into online cloud services, which are owned by the companies who have created them, and they are the only ones who can create apps to access those services in most cases (only a small percentage of these services release public APIs, and even then, most public APIs are only a subset of the services the company offers).

It's the same for apps that control hardware - in most cases, only that company has access to the hardware at a software level.

Finally, phone companies are PHONE COMPANIES - they aren't software companies and most have limited development resources. That's why we have software companies.

With BB's limited resources, which are already spread thin, if you were waiting on BB to develop apps, you'd have about 5 apps to choose from. Keep in mind that a year after the release of XBBM, the iOS and Android versions of the app still have serious problems and a very limited feature-set, and that's just a single app. If they don't have the resources to devote to that (or to make a Win Phone version), how could they make 100,000 apps? Or even 10?
    Bbnivende and mornhavon like this.
    01-15-15 12:31 PM
    I agree, also I think enhancements of existing native should be done, like adding the feature to add or delete rows and columns in the spreadsheet on Documents to go. I'm not the only one who has made this request many times. I don't care to have millions of useless apps that don't work, but I'm sure if you provide a couple of thousands excellent working apps most users would be more than happy with their BlackBerry.
    01-18-15 08:02 PM
    I hope so..
    01-18-15 08:13 PM
    Whataver happend to spellcheck?

Posted via the Diva's beautiful Red Passport!
    Heinz Katchup likes this.
    01-18-15 11:40 PM
    Whataver happend to spellcheck?

Posted via the Diva's beautiful Red Passport!
    It's there, Settings/Language and input/Spell check.

Posted by Passport, Blackberry's Beast!
    01-19-15 12:02 AM
35 12