So ill start this off. ... There was also another good thing brought up which ill leave for other people to chime in on, their corporate clients, which are their top money maker also seem to be their biggest setback ...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 04-29-10 at 12:07 PM. Reason: argumentative content removed
    04-29-10 11:07 AM
    I would love to be a fly on the wall during RIM strategy meetings.
    04-29-10 11:18 AM
    I'd go for a nat, maybe I can get by without being swatted at

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-10 11:21 AM
    I disagree the idea that RIM should make two separate devices, one for business user only and one for consumer. What about the middle guys like me who enjoyed a Blackberry the way it is. I've set up a BES email, bought a 16GB media card for my musics, took pictures of my friends on a ski trip, my calendar is filled up with work meetings and to do list and I use apps like eBay to make puchase and selling my goods.

This also defeat the whole purpose of 'smartphone' if it can't handle my work and play stuff then it's not smart enough. If RIM was to make a consumer only phone, it would end up being like the LG Rumour or Moto RAZR. Most of us call them regular phone nowadays and they are dying of a slow death.
    04-29-10 03:37 PM
    I think there is something to be said about blackberries being business machines that is part of their image, which makes them sell and appeal to the average consumer (e.g. the association of blackberry with wall streeters). Of course, they are also practical for the average consumer.
    04-29-10 03:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD