What a neat thread.

Got my first mobile phone when (old, original) AT&T Wireless came to the market in November 1998... still with them, still with the same number (really came in handy when upgrading to the Bold 14 months early and asking for a deal )

In order of ownership:
    - The Nokia 6120 (I think, CDMA version of it anyway). Everyone seemingly had one of these.

- The Mitsubishi T250 (read a review here: Geek.com Mobile Phone Review: Mitsubishi T250 Wireless Internet Phone) I only know of one other person who had one, and that's the guy who I sold it to on eBay. The PocketNet service started free for Basic, and up to $15/month for Premium.

- The Nokia 82x0... whatever the CDMA version was of the 8210/50/90. Neat little guy. I could have swallowed it. I have 2 of them still in the house, in the envelope to be recycled.

- Motorola Startac (another one everyone had). Friend had one lying about and I was cheap, so he gave it to me and I used it for a while.

--Moved to GSM!--
    - Nokia 6800. Has a neat flip keyboard, and worked well for the most part. Eventually the exposed contacts corroded enough where it was almost useless without proper care. (Eventually unlocked it cause I could.)

- Motorola RAZR (I unlocked it. It was locked to Cingular when I still had my old AT&T SIM. Didn't want to switch plans.) I wanted Bluetooth. Another phone everyone has.

- Blackberry 7290 (Unlocked). I wanted a BlackBerry, so I bought a refurb one online. (Used for 11 rough months)

- Blackberry Bold (AT&T). Locked to AT&T, but I don't care enough to unlock it yet.

Annnnd that's about it. The most interesting phone being the Mitsubishi. Trend-setter at the time in 1999/2000 by having the Internet in my pocket, and worked flawlessly on my road-trips across the US where service allowed. Yeah, it was slow .... 14.4kbps, but it was more than everyone else. I think Berries were still pagers at that point, no?

-m
    12-16-08 02:13 PM
    I used to rock the **** outta "snake" haha stayed with the Samba ringtone lol
    *~*Lol I remember that game!!! I used to play it all the time in class!! Lmao I think my ringtone was Elise (or something...) *~*
    12-16-08 02:19 PM

I wish I was old enough to be as cool as Zach Morris.
    The company I work for (still) issued this bad boy (aka The Brick) to a few of us. I would walk downtown between offices and people would literally stop in the middle of the street to ask me what I was using. I would tell them "a cell phone" and they would ask what that was. "Basically a bag phone...without the bag." I even had a "holster" for it and you had to strap the bottom to your leg. Too funny...
    12-16-08 02:22 PM
    ???

People still use that Phone Bob?!?!?!

ZOMG!
    12-16-08 02:54 PM
    ???

People still use that Phone Bob?!?!?!

ZOMG!
    I very seriously doubt it. This was back in the early 90's and my company paid $0.20 a minute. No such thing as texting either. This was the first real cell phone.
    12-16-08 04:52 PM
    I can't remember the exact year.
    But it was a Philips.
    Then shortly after the Star Tac
    Followed by many and many years of Nokia.
    different models....3310, 3330, 6310....6310 the best ever in old skool mobile phones.

Remember the 6310...and everybody with the same Nokia tune?

Attachment 7938

Attachment 7940
    12-16-08 05:49 PM
    I have No Idea How to Post Pictures... But I had that Old Samsung x426!

That Was My Baby!

I remember it had a Blinking LED light on the outside!

That thing was pretty addicting just like my current BB!

I'm sure it was the Blinking Light that did it!

Heres the Link to the Pic since I dont know how to embed pictures!

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/4619/x426duo2wy.png

[img*]your link[img*]

That minus the stars.
    12-16-08 06:33 PM

[img*]your link[img*]

That minus the stars.
    Can you say "Jitter Bug" lol
    12-16-08 06:45 PM
    My first phone was an "in car" model ... followed by Nokia's first digital handset, then the StarTac. Three LG models after that, and now the Storm.

Ahh ... evolution.
    12-16-08 10:40 PM
    well i am only 23 so i cant go way back to the bag phone. i dont wanna call my first cellphone the uniden tracfone cause i would buy cards and never use them so they would run out of minutes at the end of every month.
    sooo my firs phone that i had was an audiovox cdm-4000.
    in the summers i would do ironworking with my dad and i dropped this phone from 32 stories with a case on it. my heart dropped and i rigged myself up and rapelled down to go get the phone. it was fine!!!!!!!! you couldnt kill this phone. the battery life was as good 3yrs after i bought as it was when i got the phone. this thing took a beating. i sat it on my racks on my trunk one night and took off without remembering to grab it and we were driving down the highway with a friend behind us and he flashed his lights so we pulled over. the phone fell off the trunk on the highway and he ran it over. the casing was cracked and buttons were messed up but it still worked for the next 6 months before i updated to the lgv111.
    but heres my baby!!!!!!
    12-17-08 11:04 AM
    Can you say "Jitter Bug" lol
    Hahaha!

My Grandma has a Jitterbug!

Jitterbugs are actually amazing cell phones for the elderly!

It has a huge dial pad, and large sized fonts-

Definitely a Good Present for Grandma or Grandpa during the Holidays.
    12-17-08 11:08 AM
    I use to have an old rock. It was T-Mobile and it looked more like a rock than any kind of phone. I used to love it, though. Ha
    12-20-08 12:54 AM
    Aww I miss you big bulky green and grey scale phone

12-20-08 02:30 AM
    this phone was way a head of the times anyone else have this phone?

Aww I miss you big bulky green and grey scale phone
    12-20-08 02:31 AM
    Early 90's ATT GO phone, big moto brick with yellow screen. Sweet battery life, haha, maybe 2 hours.
    12-20-08 03:42 AM
    I had the very first version of the Moto StarTac, lol.
    12-20-08 04:46 AM
    Nokia 3390 Gold Edition

Oh how I miss that phone...it rocked in so many ways. It had AIM (why I bought it), Snake (oh yeah!), and so few buttons. It was great.
    12-20-08 09:29 AM
    was it this one?

Nope... it was longer. I miss that phone actually. That was when there was unlimited text as long as you had prepaid minutes.

Logging into aim through sms and it was unlimited
    Last edited by Jayden0606; 12-20-08 at 09:51 AM.
    12-20-08 09:48 AM
    Ah, I found a picture of my first phone, a TracFone:

12-20-08 09:59 AM
    My first was the fujitsu around 1989 or 1990 It was mounted in my truck could not take it in other vehicles then if you were out of the truck the horn would honk for an incoming call drop what you were doing and run for the phone. somewhere a few years down the line I got a motorola bag phone loved it could take with me in the pickup car tractor whatever had that style phone until around 2000 when we went to nexthell for a while loved the push to talk feature family buisness decided to go with those 2004 left family buisness went back to verizon have had several phones. so with the exception of a few nextel years I have had the same carrier since 1990 started out pac tel cellular changed name to airtouch then to verizon.
    I kinda miss the bag phone I live in a rural area and those things worked every where and rarely dropped calls had an antenna on the roof of my pickup though also had a magnet antenna that I could throw on other vehicles.

Sorry do not have pics
    Jeramie
    12-20-08 10:10 AM
    Ooooold motorola flip phone.. The battery was humongous!!! Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-08 10:51 AM
    I can't remember the model � it was an Audiovox, thru Verizon wireless. I had to think really hard to even remember that much.
    12-20-08 02:59 PM
    Nokia 3390 Gold Edition

Oh how I miss that phone...it rocked in so many ways. It had AIM (why I bought it), Snake (oh yeah!), and so few buttons. It was great.

This was my first phone too..then I upgraded to an LG phone from Verizon.
    12-20-08 03:28 PM
    Nokia 3390 Gold Edition

Aww memories, that was my 2nd phone! That phone could withstand anything!
    12-20-08 08:31 PM
    It seriously could...I dropped it so many times and kicked it down the street and it just kept on ticking.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-08 05:02 PM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD