Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am completely against it, BlackBerry won't be the same anymore

25 80.65%
  • I think it could be a good opportunity to take over the smartphone industry

4 12.90%
  • I really couldn't care less

2 6.45%
    So news has it that Lenovo is looking at every opportunity to purchase BlackBerry. What are your thoughts?
    03-13-13 07:13 PM
    No thank you...license deal yes, purchase...please see beginning of sentence.
    03-13-13 07:23 PM
    Lenovo backtracked off that statement and are now letting the public know that they have yet to look at BB or what possible value it could have

A partnership may be in the cards, but I seriously doubt they could make an acquisition as the Canadian and US governments would be loathe to have a Chinese company take over a company on which they rely for secure communications.

A partnership may work well because TH needs one to get in the low end. Lenovo has the scale and resources to flood the market with low cost devices.
    03-13-13 07:24 PM
    It wouldnt Work
    like some others already said: BlackBerry is trusted by governments and industry and everybody is afraid of China because they Are getting way too Powerfull and because they Are spying on everyone.
    Not a single Person would Buy a BlackBerry If It would be in Chinese Hands. maybe this is wrong and seems To be a Kind of racism But that is what everyone is thinking.

I don't dislike Chinese people But never Ever would i trust The Chinese government!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    Enyigma and VanMtl like this.
    03-13-13 07:24 PM
    I feel that its not going to happen. I still think BBRY is back in black.

A month after the US launch will tell us more on where they stand and I'm waiting for the next quarter fiscal results before concerning myself about any possible sale.
    03-13-13 07:25 PM
    hah, funny post.
    03-13-13 08:10 PM
    Lenovo backtracked off that statement and are now letting the public know that they have yet to look at BB or what possible value it could have

A partnership may be in the cards, but I seriously doubt they could make an acquisition as the Canadian and US governments would be loathe to have a Chinese company take over a company on which they rely for secure communications.

A partnership may work well because TH needs one to get in the low end. Lenovo has the scale and resources to flood the market with low cost devices.
    The U.S. government wouldn't have a say in such acquisition.
    03-13-13 08:30 PM
    It wouldnt Work
    like some others already said: BlackBerry is trusted by governments and industry and everybody is afraid of China because they Are getting way too Powerfull and because they Are spying on everyone.
    Not a single Person would Buy a BlackBerry If It would be in Chinese Hands. maybe this is wrong and seems To be a Kind of racism But that is what everyone is thinking.

I don't dislike Chinese people But never Ever would i trust The Chinese government!

What about the many U.S. companies that use Lenovo Thinkpads? I have one from my work and I deal with security and FIPS 140-2.
    03-13-13 08:33 PM
    Its not going to happen, but people can have their fun!
    As I said before, I think Lenovo was having some fun with the Parasites that are the short stock holders. It cost them nothing to do. Just speaking a few confusing words! They are probably working with BlackBerry and BB10 for future offerings, so why not help out your partner and have a good laugh at the same time!!! LMAO!
    03-14-13 03:08 AM
    Hmmm. So easy to legally make a quick buck for CEOS. HTC ceo should but a bunch of BlackBerry shares and say they are considering to purchase BlackBerry.

Posted via Z10
    03-14-13 03:17 AM
    Hmmm. So easy to legally make a quick buck for CEOS. HTC ceo should but a bunch of BlackBerry shares and say they are considering to purchase BlackBerry.

Posted via Z10
    Its the act of buying shares that makes it illegal. Having a converstions with a reporter about various hypothesis's and vague ideas is not illegal! Even when you know that the reporter could twist what you say into what they want to tell their readers!
    03-14-13 03:56 AM
    What about the many U.S. companies that use Lenovo Thinkpads? I have one from my work and I deal with security and FIPS 140-2.
    Researchers have found trojan code in Cisco routers and switches which were manufactured in the Peoples Republic of China. It is not out of the realm of possibility that trojan code might already exist, or could be made to exist, inside Lenovo ThinkPads and BlackBerry smartphones.
    03-14-13 04:09 AM
    It wouldnt Work

+ 1. If that were to happen they would lose me as a customer.
    03-14-13 04:14 AM