I love looking at new phones and comparing their features to the device I already have. But, even though I'm always looking at other platforms because they fascinate me, I still always wonder, "Well, that looks awesome, but does it have _____, like my BlackBerry (or insert whatever device or platform you possess here) does?" So, what are your favourite features that your phone (BlackBerry or other platform) has? Mine are the following:

- LED light (that I can customize to be different colours for different contacts)
    - physical keyboard (though I could probably get used to a touchscreen after a few weeks! )
    - customizeable profiles
    - contacts' SMS and calling ringtones can be different
    09-12-12 12:33 PM
    In no particular order:

- LED notification
    - Sound Profiles
    - Physical Keyboard
    - Push Email
    - UI (can't really put it into words, but the way the UI is layed out just makes things more intuitive/convenient for me when it comes to multi-tasking between emails, texts, calls, etc.)
    09-12-12 01:14 PM
    Push Notifications and BEDSIDE MODE ( cant stress this enough! )

oh yeah, and of course the Blinky Light!
    09-12-12 01:26 PM
    Physical keyboard+AutoText = Best typing experience on any mobile device. I have more than 700 auto text entries and everyone wonders how fast i can reply to their "gm" with a smiling "Good morning " and my reply is faster than theirs. Makes me feel special.
    09-12-12 01:26 PM
    My answer is the same every time this topic comes up - the ON/OFF button
    hpjrt likes this.
    09-12-12 01:42 PM
    LED indicator
    Sound profiles
    Physical keyboard
    Being able to mark SMS as unread
    BB button + pressing first letter of what you're trying to get to for the menu makes using it QUICK
    Themes

Completely forgot about:
    Push email

I guess I take that too much for granted lol
    09-12-12 02:27 PM
    Blinky light
    Proper notifications
    Keyboard

Mostly the hardware keyboard to be honest, taken me a couple of weeks to readjust from using an iphone as my daily driver but I'm getting there just about
    09-12-12 05:15 PM
    Oh dear...let me see how can I chose...just love my phone!!
    Keyboard
    Auto text
    Remote control with PB
    Bridge
    Led light
    Just love everything!
    09-12-12 05:30 PM
    Having the option to delete an email off the mailbox AND handheld.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-12-12 06:19 PM
    I see everyone mentioning push email as a favourite feature of their BlackBerry. Do iPhones and Droids not have push email? I've never owned anything other than Berrys and old school Nokias..

Sent from my Bold 9900.
    09-12-12 06:27 PM
    For those on BES, the ability to have the server set your phone back up the way it was before it got sent in for repairs or after getting a new one. My 9860 was sent in last week, got a brand new one back yesterday. Reset my account on the server, and bingo, all of my icons were placed where they were before, settings, BBM contacts, and of course all my Outlook info, all came back!! Can't do that on my Android or iPhone.

And of course there is message management, the beautiful screen, which is better than any device I have seen in broad daylight, which includes iPhones, and message notifications.
    09-12-12 07:05 PM
    For those on BES, the ability to have the server set your phone back up the way it was before it got sent in for repairs or after getting a new one. My 9860 was sent in last week, got a brand new one back yesterday. Reset my account on the server, and bingo, all of my icons were placed where they were before, settings, BBM contacts, and of course all my Outlook info, all came back!! Can't do that on my Android or iPhone.

And of course there is message management, the beautiful screen, which is better than any device I have seen in broad daylight, which includes iPhones, and message notifications.
    09-12-12 07:05 PM
    Gotta love that keyboard!
    09-12-12 07:57 PM
    I'm a Bold 9900 user. I have to say the Keyboard and Notification light are my two favorite features. I have an iPhone 4S as my company phone, so email isn't really utilized. BBM has to be in there as well!
    09-12-12 09:02 PM
    Keyboard and Sleep mode!! Speakers are way clearer than my Iphone 4. Call quality rocks on my 9930.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930
    09-12-12 09:35 PM
    I see everyone mentioning push email as a favourite feature of their BlackBerry. Do iPhones and Droids not have push email? I've never owned anything other than Berrys and old school Nokias..

Sent from my Bold 9900.
    They do now but it's only for certain types of account (I believe it's Gmail/hotmail/yahoo/Microsoft exchange on the iphone) which should cover most people's needs. I gotta admit I never really had an issue with it on my iphone, it was always reasonably quick although I had it set to check for messages every 15 mins so whether it was being pushed to the handset or pulled down by the check is up for debate. I also found the mail app crashed a lot on mine so it would leave me with no mail all afternoon until I realized then I'd have god knows how many to go through (seemed to happen most if I clicked off the app while it was still saying connecting at the bottom, next time I'd go into it I'd be stuck at a white screen and have to do a reset to get it back)

I have noticed since getting back to the BB side I do get emails on the phone a lot quicker, usually even before Gmail has auto-refreshed on my computer so in my experience bb seems to handle it a lot better (especially taking the crashing into account)
    09-13-12 02:01 AM
    I love looking at new phones and comparing their features to the device I already have. But, even though I'm always looking at other platforms because they fascinate me, I still always wonder, "Well, that looks awesome, but does it have _____, like my BlackBerry (or insert whatever device or platform you possess here) does?" So, what are your favourite features that your phone (BlackBerry or other platform) has? Mine are the following:

- LED light (that I can customize to be different colours for different contacts)
    - physical keyboard (though I could probably get used to a touchscreen after a few weeks! )
    - customizeable profiles
    - contacts' SMS and calling ringtones can be different
    Place a decent call and receive messages. Everywhere.
    This is what I care about, first.
    09-13-12 03:08 AM
    keyboard, bbm, notification led, and trackpad

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-13-12 03:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD