Galaxy S3 is $549 on AT&T off contract. Lumia 920 is $449. This is why I believe that unless RIM surprises us with an OMAP 5430 processor, and the specs match the leaks, $499 is a solid price for the US. $649 is iPhone 5 pricing in the US.
    Sorry, I was using local pricing from my carrier. Guess Canada gets the short end of the stick when it comes to mobile pricing.
    01-01-13 04:28 PM
    499.98... already used my upgrade on the HTC 8X. might sell off my 9900 and 8X though
    01-02-13 03:20 PM
    Nothing. I will have a LEBB10DOD and whatever else RIM feels like sending my way, but I won't be purchasing one.

I might end up buying a A-Series if RIM is around to release it and I have no other way of getting one. If I wasnt getting a LE, I certainly wouldn't rush out and buy one of the first BB10 devices. I remember all of the buyer remorse posts from 9530 owners that were mad after the 9550 started leaking months after they had signed a new contract. RIM has already said the good BB10 devices are coming months after the first devices launch. So I expect to see a lot of ticked off early adopters here in a few months.
    01-02-13 03:48 PM
    I hope RIM starts off with a high price and offers an introductory offer of a lower price. That way, if it is successful, they can put the price up to the original price and it will not look like they are taking advantage of the success and jacking up the price. They can tell people they should have bought it when it was first introduced.
    If it is not really successful, they can carry on with the lower introductory price and make that the unofficial permanent price, just like the did with the PlayBook.
    01-03-13 06:17 AM

Beyond that I will wait until June and upgrade one line.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    01-03-13 07:51 AM
    Whatever it takes for the QWERTY, I've been putting money aside for a year.
    I want that Phone! Even though I didn't win the Z10.
    01-03-13 08:16 AM
    RIM has already said the good BB10 devices are coming months after the first devices launch. So I expect to see a lot of ticked off early adopters here in a few months.
    Rim have said nothing of the sort unless you are trying to count some random leak of a spec sheet that mentions an early date.

The more consistent leaks seem to indicate that the next device(s) after the launch ones will be cheaper models and given typical gaps between launches, they would then be closing in on next xmas before they would be launching a new higher spec model, so no reason at all for early adopters to be annoyed especially since the early models are more than fine as it is.
    01-03-13 08:55 AM
    Exactly. I use Revit and Autocad Architecture. Biggest thing is ram (the more, the better, and 16GB is a practical minimum), and hard drive space for huge file sizes (one prison we did a while back topped 1GB - just the one project file alone). Cpu speeds of about double what the fastest current mobile cpu can give you are needed to make the program at least workable. And, although it can display on a smaller screen - and a decently loaded laptop can work, I wouldn't like it on anything less than a 20" widescreen. In fact, I run a 24" Widescreen and 19" standard lcd at the same time at work.
    Wow, 16GB of RAM minimum...
    I still remember playing with Autocad on the first computer I built running MS-DOS on a 386 DX with a few hundred kb of RAM (it worked fine).
    Regarding the screen size, I am hoping that the phone will be used as a "brain" that could project onto external displays (I use three 29" Mac displays).
    01-03-13 08:55 AM
    Wow, 16GB of RAM minimum...
    I still remember playing with Autocad on the first computer I built running MS-DOS on a 386 DX with a few hundred kb of RAM (it worked fine).
    Regarding the screen size, I am hoping that the phone will be used as a "brain" that could project onto external displays (I use three 29" Mac displays).
    The AutoDesk/AutoCAD products I use today are a lot different than version 8 I used 25 years ago. Ultimately (and somewhat ironically) they produce pretty much the same results in print.

I will pay $600 for either of the 2 newest BB10 models. I am still undecided on which to get. I definitely want to give the touch keyboard a fair trial .
    01-03-13 09:53 AM
    The AutoDesk/AutoCAD products I use today are a lot different than version 8 I used 25 years ago. Ultimately (and somewhat ironically) they produce pretty much the same results in print.

I will pay $600 for either of the 2 newest BB10 models. I am still undecided on which to get. I definitely want to give the touch keyboard a fair trial .
    I was going to get the QWERTY too, but now I think that I am going to get the touch (black one for me and white for my wife).
    01-03-13 10:47 AM
    $200 ceiling
    I would hope that would be the max to get this on my contract. By Jan 30th I will have 5 months left on my current plan.
    01-03-13 10:51 AM
    I will pay no more than $250 subsidized (at&t USA) and $750 unsubsidized.
    01-03-13 10:54 AM
37 12