When anyone says any BS about RIM going bankrupt next year or shutting down all the blackberry services I correct them. When anyone asks when BB (people rarely mention RIM where I'm from) is coming out with anything new I tell them they're launching new products on the 30th and if they're interested I'll tell them more. I'll retweet whenever RIM posts anything interesting/exciting. But I'm not really a RIM evangelist.

Maybe after the launch I'll get more proactive, but I don't really see the point now. Not to mention what everyone else has said about that not being our job.
    12-17-12 04:03 PM
    I got the money if you have the merchandise
    Meet me by the trunk of my car parked in the dark alley after midnight at the intersection of High Street and Low Avenue for a pick-me-up or a downer as your pleasure. Cash transaction only in small non-sequential bills, no coins.
    12-17-12 05:18 PM
    Meet me by the trunk of my car parked in the dark alley after midnight at the intersection of High Street and Low Avenue for a pick-me-up or a downer as your pleasure. Cash transaction only in small non-sequential bills, no coins.
    LOL. You must be a pro man
    12-17-12 05:21 PM
    I am doing what I always have...I buy the products they make that I consider worth my money. Outside of that it is not the responsibility of the consumer to "help" the company.
    Syrous44 likes this.
    12-17-12 06:14 PM
    Guys. It is not your responsibility. If you don't want to help, Just ignore this thread. I for one want to help. Just don't give us a lecture on how its not your responsibility. All i'm asking is if you're doing anything.
    12-17-12 06:20 PM
    I am doing what I always have...I buy the products they make that I consider worth my money. Outside of that it is not the responsibility of the consumer to "help" the company.
    No, it's not the responsibility of the consumer.
    But BB fans might want to help out. And considering this is a BB fan site...
    12-17-12 08:04 PM
    In the end BB owners help themselves when they promote the company, because getting more BB users will mean: More users, so top name Apps will join BB, More BBM friends, better ecosystem in general, more money for RIM, so RIM can concentrate in making better phones and maybe launching related products with BB10 ( Tablets, Notebooks, TV, etc), it will also increase the chance for a licensing deal with BB10 where companies like Samsung would use BB10 on their phones which would compound all the reasons I stated above.
    yabanumay likes this.
    12-18-12 07:38 AM
    Once the phone is out, I'll go to my friends who are using iPhone with the line "pfft, you STILL using that old thing? Get with the times".
    yabanumay, johnny_larue and MrHomz like this.
    12-18-12 08:09 AM
    I'm the customer.... What is RIM doing to help me!

STORM > BOLD > 32GB PLAYBOOK > 64GB PLAYBOOK

Much of the "hate" that RIM gets on this site, isn't from trolls but people who have invested in the Brand and have watched the Company make very bad decisions over and over, or in many cases took too long to make any decisions. Many want to say this is a new Company... but that has YET TO BE SEEN.

If RIM releases a good BB10 Device, I'm sure I'll buy it. But it will need to be a Great Device with an Ecosystem if you expect the average consumer to buy it. And don't expect me to try to "sell" a device that isn't great to my friends or family. Right now everyone laughs at my BB, and I have to agree with them. But it does what I need (at least paired with a PlayBook it does).
    12-18-12 11:14 AM
    if you see it fit you can "help RIM" in this way . . .

Netflix: Offer Support for RIM Blackberry Devices
    http://www.change.org/petitions/netf...medium=twitter
    Hulu: Allow a Hulu Plus app for BlackBerry Playbook and BB10
    http://www.change.org/petitions/hulu...medium=twitter
    and . . .
    Pandora�: Bring App Support to the Blackberry 10 Platform:
    http://www.change.org/petitions/pand...medium=twitter
    you can also visit this thread if your interested in contacting other devs for the apps you want . . .http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...m-know-756442/
    12-18-12 11:21 AM
60 123