Twitter, Facebook and word of mouth. I'm pretty sure my friends are getting annoyed with me eh
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-15-12 03:00 PM
    Doing all I can to spread everything I know about BB10 and show off any new pics as soon as they leak by either word of mouth or Twitter.#BB10BELIEVE
    12-15-12 03:01 PM
    Okay. But did you understand this reasoning:...)
    I understand people being excited over new technology. I do not understand incessantly talking about it to everyone and the dog.

And again, I do not understand individuals feeling the need to "get the word out" for a public corporation. RIM will do what they feel they need to do. If they do a bad job at that, they will not be successful. Some "grassroots" effort and Twitter campaigns and incessantly pushing it on friends and family is not going to make it be successful. The only things that will make it successful are good products and good services.
    Syrous44 likes this.
    12-15-12 03:02 PM
    Listen man. I never said it was anyone's responsibility. If you dont want to support RIM...dont.
    On another note: why are you wasting your time in this thread? This thread is for people who care about the company and its products!!
    Sure you did. Your thread title questioned "What are you doing to help RIM?"

Again, why are we expected to "help" RIM.

I don't feel that I am wasting my time in this thread.

I like BlackBerry devices. But I don't understand the need for individuals to "help" a corporation.
    12-15-12 03:05 PM
    I pay my carries bill every month for my 9900 and buy apps and games on my playbook.
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    12-15-12 03:16 PM
    I've bought $30,000 worth of RIMM stock in the last 3 months.
    Been talking about BB10 with a lot my coworkers (Company employs 20,000 people). There is a massive amount of excitement with everyone I talk to. I think the media underestimates just how many people are waiting to buy the new phones. Especially here in Canada, there are a lot of people who have gone to Android or iPhone but are anxiously waiting to switch back to BlackBerry. The media makes it sound like it's a one-way street and that all the people who left BlackBerry are gone for good. This is simply not true.
    I'll also be purchasing three new BB10 phones as soon as they are released.
    What sucks is this is happening during my last semester as a Grad student. After RIM hits big, It'll be too late for me to cash in on it. I just hope my $600 that I did put in hits big enough to take $2-4k off my student loan.
    12-15-12 04:00 PM
    Sure you did. Your thread title questioned "What are you doing to help RIM?"

Again, why are we expected to "help" RIM.

I don't feel that I am wasting my time in this thread.

I like BlackBerry devices. But I don't understand the need for individuals to "help" a corporation.
    So where did i say it was your responsibility? I am merely asking a question!
    Also...if you like your device..the company might no longer be able to make such a device if they're not able to sell any, therefore if you care about the device...you should care about the company's existence.
    12-15-12 05:35 PM
    So where did i say it was your responsibility? I am merely asking a question!
    Also...if you like your device..the company might no longer be able to make such a device if they're not able to sell any, therefore if you care about the device...you should care about the company's existence.
    Here's where you said that.

Since this is a blackberry forum. The assumption is that you love your BB. Which means that you would miss it dearly if the company flops. So i think private individuals who love their BBs should in fact support the turnaround through which they will be able to continue enjoying their Blackberrys. Get it?
    The word "should" denotes an obligation. It indicates that you are saying that someone should do this or do that. An obligation indicates a responsibility to act.

Your words not mine.
    12-15-12 08:32 PM
    Here's where you said that.

The word "should" denotes an obligation. It indicates that you are saying that someone should do this or do that. An obligation indicates a responsibility to act.

Your words not mine.
    I think his point is that many people care enough about the company BECAUSE of the devices they make, and so they want help them succeed by whatever means they see fit
    12-15-12 10:17 PM
    $30,000 stocks! Holy ****. You are looking at $300,000+ in a year!
    Yeah, I'm taking a long position.
    At the very least, I've already made enough to pay for a lot of future BB handsets.
    12-16-12 12:47 AM
    I think his point is that many people care enough about the company BECAUSE of the devices they make, and so they want help them succeed by whatever means they see fit
    Thanks. That's exactly what i mean. If there was any obligation in this. It would be the obligation to your self and not to the company. I wouldn't even call it an obligation. I would call it an incentive.
    12-16-12 04:33 AM
    Whenever I'm in an electronics store I change all the laptop/tablet wallpapers to BB10 pictures. The staff in the Apple store were pissed.
    12-16-12 09:37 PM
    When RIM's garbage USB port on my PB broke and RIM basically flipped me off when I asked them to repair it, people here made it clear that RIM never asked for our loyalty and they don't need it.

So what am I doing for RIM? I am treating them like any other multinational that offshores anything it can and then doesn't stand by its products: nothing.

I am waiting to see if there is any reason to continue using a blackberry brand otherwise I will use another brand because anything else is silly.
    12-16-12 11:58 PM
    Nothing. RIM doesn't pay me.
    12-17-12 12:27 AM
    Since this is a blackberry forum. The assumption is that you love your BB. Which means that you would miss it dearly if the company flops. So i think private individuals who love their BBs should in fact support the turnaround through which they will be able to continue enjoying their Blackberrys. Get it?
    I do not "love" companies or electronics. I only love living breathing things.

So I say "what's RIM done for me today?"

They work for me, the customer.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    kevinnugent likes this.
    12-17-12 02:46 AM
    Bring RIM back? Buy a BB10 and some apps instead of an iphone which is crap anyway.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    12-17-12 03:19 AM
    I recently went on a twitter campaign of my own to advertise and educate about blackberry 10. I got alot of positive feedback. I sent a video to my friend who have a healthy number of followers 400+. And i asked them to watch and post a dev alpha review. I feel that we are able to get the word out for the upcoming devices through social media if you've done something similar. Share it on this thread.
    Btw: i got great responses from people who didn't know such a phone is coming. Many asking me about pricing and availability.
    4108 posts in 15 months, 2500+ tweets in 6, does it count ?
    12-17-12 03:55 AM
    I have BlackBerry Enterprise Server (Express Edition) for my organization, BlackBerry Bold 9700s and 9780s in use, BlackBerry PlayBooks in use. In short, I am using their products and services which is as far as BlackBerry users need go to support Research In Motion, the company, and BlackBerry, the brand. On the personal side I have introduced the BlackBerry PlayBook to family members. And I provide assistance to other forum members when possible. Anything more is pure fanboism and I never engage in such juvenile antics.
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    12-17-12 06:33 AM
    4108 posts in 15 months, 2500+ tweets in 6, does it count ?
    I guess that makes you Superfly .
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-17-12 06:36 AM
    I guess that makes you Superfly
    aka "the pusher" but my dope is BB10 only lol
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    12-17-12 09:51 AM
    aka "the pusher" but my dope is BB10 only lol
    I got the money if you have the merchandise
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-17-12 09:53 AM
    Bring RIM back? Buy a BB10 and some apps instead of an iphone which is crap anyway.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    iPhone is better that current blackberries. But blackberry 10 makes iPhone look like crap
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-17-12 09:54 AM
    iPhone is better that current blackberries. But blackberry 10 makes iPhone look like crap
    That's a matter of opinion, at least from a software point. If that were true I don't believe there would be any BB fans if nobody believed them to be better than the competition...
    12-17-12 02:25 PM
    I do not "love" companies or electronics. I only love living breathing things.

So I say "what's RIM done for me today?"

They work for me, the customer.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    Tim that kind of sounds...depressing...
    12-17-12 02:30 PM
    I am helping RIM by waiting for the L-series phone rather than getting a new Samsung Galaxy 3. That is actually pretty big IMO.
    BThunderW likes this.
    12-17-12 03:35 PM
60 123