I recently went on a twitter campaign of my own to advertise and educate about blackberry 10. I got alot of positive feedback. I sent a video to my friend who have a healthy number of followers 400+. And i asked them to watch and post a dev alpha review. I feel that we are able to get the word out for the upcoming devices through social media if you've done something similar. Share it on this thread.
    Btw: i got great responses from people who didn't know such a phone is coming. Many asking me about pricing and availability.
    sLorenzi likes this.
    12-15-12 11:41 AM
    What am I doing to help RIM?...

I'm waiting.
    12-15-12 12:05 PM

I'm waiting.
    We're all waiting. But are you suggesting it friends and family? Nothing beats word of mouth.
    12-15-12 12:13 PM
    I've been telling everyone (friends, family and work colleagues), sending them photos and videos. PLUS, my display picture in FB, Twitter, WhatsApp, Messengers, Forums is Jan 30, BlackBerry 10! (same as it is on CrackBerry).

EDIT - I also emailed a bunch of app-makers to make an app for BB 10. None of them have given a firm commitment (yet) to do it but atleast got them to look at BB 10 SDK page.
    Last edited by chrysaurora; 12-15-12 at 01:38 PM.
    12-15-12 12:26 PM
    I've been telling everyone (friends, family and work colleagues), sending them photos and videos. PLUS, my display picture in FB, Twitter, WhatsApp, Messengers, Forums is Jan 30, BlackBerry 10! (same as it is on CrackBerry).
    And what kind of response are you getting?
    12-15-12 12:39 PM
    I'VE been telling anyone who will listen about bb10. Lots of interest from most of them. Also post on fb video,pictures and articles about bb10.
    12-15-12 12:39 PM

I'm waiting.

Yep, my upgrade is due now, but limping my 9800 along until RIM can help me.
    12-15-12 12:43 PM
    I have been, and it seems I always will be, purchasing all the devices they release.
    I put my money where my mouth is....
    12-15-12 12:45 PM
    Why should private individuals be expected to do anything to "help" a for-profit corporation?

If the device they produce and offer for sale and use meets my needs, I will buy it and use it. If it doesn't, I won't.

Friends and family will do the same thing and make the choice that best suits them.
    12-15-12 01:06 PM
    Same here...my facebook profile pic is the back of the L-series, and my cover story pic is the one from the new "blackberry experience" page. Also, each day, I post 2-3 videos/articles about the hub, the keyboard, the developers and the apps, etc.
    12-15-12 01:12 PM
    And what kind of response are you getting?
    Some positive, some negative.

Why should private individuals be expected to do anything to "help" a for-profit corporation?

If the device they produce and offer for sale and use meets my needs, I will buy it and use it. If it doesn't, I won't.

Friends and family will do the same thing and make the choice that best suits them.
    Not expected to. If you are doing something, by all means, post it here (that's what the thread is about). If you are not, you can ignore this thread.

Speaking only for myself, I get excited about technology and I usually share what is it that is causing this excitement with my friends, family, colleagues and their dogs. In this case, I am excited about BB 10 and I am telling everyone about it. I think that's pretty normal. When my friends got their iPhone, they couldn't stop talking about it. It's a natural phenomena. Also known as word-of-mouth.
    12-15-12 01:12 PM

Since this is a blackberry forum. The assumption is that you love your BB. Which means that you would miss it dearly if the company flops. So i think private individuals who love their BBs should in fact support the turnaround through which they will be able to continue enjoying their Blackberrys. Get it?
    12-15-12 01:14 PM
    1) I bought stock.
    2) I got our CTO to take a look at BB10 (videos, articles) , he is very impressed, says it will give him more options as he won't accept Android phones as BYOD.
    3) Educate friends and family, actually some of them didn't even know the 99XX had a touch screen.
    12-15-12 01:15 PM
    Being a BB owner, I'm sure you are a very competent professional....but you do realize that being a shareholder LITERALLY means that you "own" part of a publicly traded company, right? That's why I post things on MY FB and Twitter pages....more friends buy it, RIMM makes more profit, my share price goes up....pretty simple
    12-15-12 01:17 PM
    1) I bought stock.
    2) I got our CTO to take a look at BB10 (videos, articles) , he is very impressed, says it will give him more options as he won't accept Android phones as BYOD.
    3) Educate friends and family, actually some of them didn't even know the 99XX had a touch screen.
    Yep, yep, and yep....and especially on point #2, I have no idea why ANY CTO would allow droids....but, they will soon learn if they haven't already. That's why the US ICE retreated on it's "we're ditching Blackberry's" statement.
    12-15-12 01:23 PM
    I've bought $30,000 worth of RIMM stock in the last 3 months.
    Been talking about BB10 with a lot my coworkers (Company employs 20,000 people). There is a massive amount of excitement with everyone I talk to. I think the media underestimates just how many people are waiting to buy the new phones. Especially here in Canada, there are a lot of people who have gone to Android or iPhone but are anxiously waiting to switch back to BlackBerry. The media makes it sound like it's a one-way street and that all the people who left BlackBerry are gone for good. This is simply not true.
    I'll also be purchasing three new BB10 phones as soon as they are released.
    el_excelsior likes this.
    12-15-12 01:26 PM
    I've been telling all my non-BlackBerry friends about BB10 & I'm getting positive feedback too! BB10's Mini-Jam in Kuwait (where i live) was a success. I am a blogger & i get almost 10 thousand views per day & I have been posting about BB10 for a long time! Also tweets.. Can't wait!
    12-15-12 01:39 PM
    I've bought $30,000 worth of RIMM stock in the last 3 months.
    Been talking about BB10 with a lot my coworkers (Company employs 20,000 people). There is a massive amount of excitement with everyone I talk to. I think the media underestimates just how many people are waiting to buy the new phones. Especially here in Canada, there are a lot of people who have gone to Android or iPhone but are anxiously waiting to switch back to BlackBerry. The media makes it sound like it's a one-way street and that all the people who left BlackBerry are gone for good. This is simply not true.
    I'll also be purchasing three new BB10 phones as soon as they are released.
    $30,000 stocks! Holy ****. You are looking at $300,000+ in a year!
    12-15-12 01:40 PM
    Being a BB owner, I'm sure you are a very competent professional....but you do realize that being a shareholder LITERALLY means that you "own" part of a publicly traded company, right? That's why I post things on MY FB and Twitter pages....more friends buy it, RIMM makes more profit, my share price goes up....pretty simple
    I'm not a shareholder. I'm a product owner (and user). Big, big, big difference. I do not "own" part of the company. If it goes out of business, I will probably not be happy (because the device currently meets my needs), but I will move on.
    12-15-12 01:54 PM
    Since this is a blackberry forum. The assumption is that you love your BB. Which means that you would miss it dearly if the company flops. So i think private individuals who love their BBs should in fact support the turnaround through which they will be able to continue enjoying their Blackberrys. Get it?
    No. I don't "get" it. It is RIM's responsibility to manage and effectively market their company. It is not our responsibility.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-15-12 01:56 PM
    I have tatooed "BB10 Forever" across my buttocks!
    harshalbid271 and BThunderW like this.
    12-15-12 01:56 PM
    Taking a bunch of **** from my friends when I tell them I'm waiting it out.

And, to be honest, I don't blame them. I'll wait it out, but it's not my responsibility to advertise a product for RIM this early. Once it's released and IF it is worth advertising, then I'll spam Facebook. Until then, all I'm going to do is complain about my 9630 and the clock icon.
    12-15-12 01:59 PM
    No. I don't "get" it. It is RIM's responsibility to manage and effectively market their company. It is not our responsibility.
    Okay. But did you understand this reasoning:
    Speaking only for myself, I get excited about technology and I usually share what is it that is causing this excitement with my friends, family, colleagues and their dogs. In this case, I am excited about BB 10 and I am telling everyone about it. I think that's pretty normal. When my friends got their iPhone, they couldn't stop talking about it. It's a natural phenomena. Also known as word-of-mouth.
    I have tatooed "BB10 Forever" across my buttocks!
    ... and are you showing it off to a LOT of people?
    12-15-12 02:01 PM
    Listen man. I never said it was anyone's responsibility. If you dont want to support RIM...dont.
    On another note: why are you wasting your time in this thread? This thread is for people who care about the company and its products!!
    Shane8750 and Wino Ryder like this.
    12-15-12 02:03 PM
    What am I doing to help RIM? Giving them one more opportunity to keep my business before I say goodbye forever.

A better question would be what has RIM done to help me in the last several years? I can't think of much aside from continually launching handsets and operating systems to the tune of crazy exaggerated claims about 'quantum leaps' and 'leapfrogging the competition'; all of which end up being about 15 months behind everything else in the market in real capabilities.

I have hopes for BB10; but my days of unquestioned loyalty to the brand are gone.
    Syrous44 likes this.
    12-15-12 02:30 PM
60 123