As of now, I have the BlackBerry Bold 9780, still with OS6. I love the phone, and I haven't had it for too long, actually I got it on October 2011. Anyways, I was browsing through the AT&T site and noticed that they offer the Torch 9810 on no commitment pricing for 450. That sounded quite reasonable to me, and now I'm wondering if I should get the Torch.

The pros to me would be that it is definetely more stylish, the screen is amazing and not to mention it has the fantastic new OS7. Plus, with the physical keyboard I don't need to type on a touch screen.

The cons are that I've been told the keyboard is actually worse than the one on the Bold series smartphones because it's thinner. Also, my friends who have Torch series phones are complaining all the time that it's really the opposite of compact to carry around, and that the sliding action to type ends up making it unpractical.

So far, it's pretty much a tie to me. If you have a Torch or a Bold, or have had both, could you help me out with some insights on which one you preffered?

Also, do you know if the "no commitment" deal means that the phone comes unblocked? Because I'm currently living in Brazil and it would be a huge disadvantage if it didn't.

Thanks, and sorry if this is in the wrong forum or whatever, I'm just really in need of help!

Once again, thanks.
    01-05-12 08:44 PM
    I would not switch my 9780 for a torch. bigger screen is nice but i like the look and feel of mine and the keyboard is great. I typed on an early torch and hated it not sure if thenew ones are improved. It is thin and kinda in a tray
    01-05-12 11:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD