On a scale of 1-10 what would you give BlackBerry World and give reasons why.

I'd give it 6/10 given that there's still a lot of apps and it's improved a lot since launch (and is still improving) but not 10 because still "app gap", don't get updates as frequent, have to pay for some while others get it free, and even some of the big named apps we have some are Android ports. How bout you guys?

Posted via CB10
    eddy_berry likes this.
    02-14-14 12:01 PM
    What you said is pretty much what I would have said. I was all ready to give you my thoughts and then I read what you wrote and it was pretty much right out of my own mouth. 6/10. It is improving and can get better. There is still an app gap but I still hit up BlackBerry World before I hit up Snap unless I already know it isn't there.
    02-14-14 12:11 PM
    ...I'd give it 6/10 given that there's still a lot of apps and it's improved a lot since launch (and is still improving) but not 10 because still "app gap", don't get updates as frequent, have to pay for some while others get it free...
    Since September 2013 it is no longer possible for developers to charge for upgrades to apps. BlackBerry removed this option from the Vendor portal. All upgrades are now free. The only way a Developer can implement something similar now is to have a 'freemium' app where certain features or functionality are unlocked through in-app purchase.
    02-14-14 12:12 PM
    No I meant how we have to pay for some apps while iphone/android get it free like badlands, cut the rope etc.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 12:52 PM
    No I meant how we have to pay for some apps while iphone/android get it free like badlands, cut the rope etc.
    Oh, I see. In this case it is up to the developers/publishers what they charge. One possible reason I could think of for this is that on the other platforms there is a lot more potential for advertising revenue whereas on BB10 the install base numbers really aren't there yet. So the publishers/developers have to choose different ways to make revenue to justify porting or offering the app on BB10.
    02-14-14 01:00 PM