Now that BlackBerry has a clone, let's say you come across someone who seems to have what appears to be a BlackBerry Z10 but when you ask if it's a Z10 they straight up lie. So, you end up asking about the software (or you ask see it) and they tell you it's running on Android. Now that you know it's a fake what would you do to prove the guy is a phony??? Also for those who kept asking "why don't BlackBerry just use Android?" will you be buying the device even though it's not a BlackBerry Z10???
    What would you do if you saw a fake???-picstory_20130724_144419.jpg

Posted via CB10 on my AWESOME BlackBerry Z(ed)10
    07-24-13 03:53 PM
    Ask how much he/she payed for it then tell them they over payed.
    07-24-13 03:56 PM
    Simple: Act all sorry for the poor person that got fooled and ended up buying a clone.

Clones happen. Imitation highest form of flattery. BlackBerry has been copied since the dawn of mobile email. Why would it change now?

PS: Besides... Remove the quasi-BlackBerry logo, and they can easily say they have an HTC One mini....
    nquyen and Jerale Hoard like this.
    07-24-13 03:58 PM
    Nothing, i would ignore.
    Also I'm not the kind of person who ask if you got "x" phone, specially someone i don't know.
    Basically, not everyone can afford a Expensive BlackBerry or can use a 2 years contact.
    If it got clones, it's a good thing, people will see more BlackBerries on street, even being fakes, and popularity is something that BB really need now.
    diegonei and bp3dots like this.
    07-24-13 03:59 PM
    Saw a fake? Hell, I don't even pay attention to the real phones.
    07-24-13 04:00 PM
    Lol I haven't even seen a real z10 yet besides mine

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 04:12 PM
    Lol I haven't even seen a real z10 yet besides mine

Posted via CB10
    I did! In a store display!
    07-24-13 04:58 PM
    Not sure if I would do anything. Maybe a better question is what BlackBerry is doing to prevent the fakes from being sold in the first place.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 07:07 PM
    A fake Z10? Awesome! I'd ask if it can be gotten for < $50. I have a fake Megatron (near mint in box), a fake Skull Leader Veritech Fighter (got trashed by kid relatives when they found the display while I was out), and a fake Devastator set (still in plastic container). I looked up this device when I first saw it, but it wasn't available on Amazon or any other quick searches. Yes, I sometimes collect knock-offs when the mood strikes me. This is one of those I'd collect for the right price. If nothing else, it would get BBM at the end of summer.
    07-25-13 08:44 PM
    Now that BlackBerry has a clone, let's say you come across someone who seems to have what appears to be a BlackBerry Z10 but when you ask if it's a Z10 they straight up lie. So, you end up asking about the software (or you ask see it) and they tell you it's running on Android. Now that you know it's a fake what would you do to prove the guy is a phony??? Also for those who kept asking "why don't BlackBerry just use Android?" will you be buying the device even though it's not a BlackBerry Z10???
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PicStory_20130724_144419.jpg 
Views:	826 
Size:	35.9 KB 
ID:	185689

Posted via CB10 on my AWESOME BlackBerry Z(ed)10
    Absolutely nothing. Can't believe you'd ask such a childish question. I don't believe in trying to point out someone as you said is a "phony"......just keep moving!

Posted via Z10 and CB10 on Rogers
    Berry_Pink likes this.
    07-25-13 08:57 PM
    wouldnt say anything unless the person genuinely thought it was the real deal, i wouldnt rub it in their face or start a mines better than yours argument but id let them know theyd been scammed and where they could buy a cheap real z10 from or where to get a cheap contract deal for one.

still wouldnt say anything if they knew it was a clone, its got rubbish specs for an android and a blackberry but if thats what they want then thats fine im not gonna dump on their decision
    Jerale Hoard likes this.
    07-25-13 11:03 PM
    I think I'd be a wee bit jealous to be honest. The BlackBerry Z10 clone I've seen online runs Android. Kinda hard to knock the clone Z10 when it at least has native versions of YouTube, Skype, Netflix, Instagram, Candy Crush Saga and any other app a person could need or want.

Typed on my Dev Alpha C, Posted Via CB10
    07-25-13 11:14 PM
    I think I'd be a wee bit jealous to be honest. The BlackBerry Z10 clone I've seen online runs Android. Kinda hard to knock the clone Z10 when it at least has native versions of YouTube, Skype, Netflix, Instagram, Candy Crush Saga and any other app a person could need or want.

Typed on my Dev Alpha C, Posted Via CB10
    Until you realize how ******* slow it is.

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    07-25-13 11:27 PM
    Until you realize how ******* slow it is.

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    I don't always agree to Dave... but when I do he's 110% right.
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    07-25-13 11:31 PM
    I'm still waiting to see a REAL one

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 12:30 AM
    I don't always agree to Dave... but when I do he's 110% right.
    LOL )

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 01:29 AM
    I wouldn't care enough

Posted via Pilot's Q10
    07-29-13 08:08 AM
    First off im karate chop the person in the face. Next id throw his body into a wall, then i swinging heel kick him upon his lifeless bounce off the wall. Id finish him with an uppercut ala ryu from street fighter.

Z10in' since the Beginnin'
    Berry_Pink likes this.
    07-29-13 08:15 AM