Ok so to make things short, I work at Verizon. My tech/buddy made me a offer the other day and it has been on my mind ever since. He asked me if i would want to trade my BB Storm for a BB curve. Both phones are in good condition, the Curve slighty better condition. I like my Storm and the big screen and the touch screen click and have never had a problem with it...but i do love the trackball on the curve and i find texting easier on a real qwerty keyboard...Idk either choice would have its ups and downs...So basically im asking for everyones ideas thoughts and comments im at a loss...PLEASE HELP!
    10-11-09 08:02 PM
    Only you can really decide what truly meets your needs, and which is more important, media capability or keyboarding. Tough choice? Yep.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-09 08:11 PM
    Storm is a newer device than a curve so if he throws in some accessories for the curve than it may be worth it to you. it really all depends on what you want. you'll gain a trackball, but lose a touchscreen, and if im not mistaken go to a lower OS.
    10-11-09 08:14 PM
    All valid points^...thank you...do you guys like ur curves?
    Anyone else? WHAT WOULD YOU DO?
    10-11-09 08:42 PM
    And why?
    10-11-09 08:43 PM
    You're the only one who would know which you'd be happy with, how could we tell you?

Personally, I wouldn't use the Storm if you paid me to take it. The Curve was an awesome device.
    10-11-09 08:44 PM
    lol i dont want you to tell me, im just looking for some friendly CB users advice is all, i just want to know what you would do if you were in my shoes and why?
    10-11-09 08:54 PM
    btw the tour's sick Sultan...
    10-11-09 08:55 PM
    I loved loved loved my curve. In fact, the only reason I upgraded to the Tour was because we were going from an Alltel plan to a Vzw plan, and the Tours were buy one get one free, so I thought why not? So far, I love it, but if I needed to, I could happily go back to the curve.
    10-11-09 08:56 PM
    its really a personal choice but if it were me I would go with the curve. I mean I think its its the best berry to date and if i didnt have the tour I would definately be back with my curve!
    10-11-09 09:17 PM
    I've had Curve since last December, had the opportunity to up to the Tour, and decided I really wanted to wait for devices that are in development.

Yes, the 8330 may be a little slower than some of the newer devices, but it is still quite solid and effective.

And I still like it as much today as the first day I started using it. Even better, now that I've had the chance to learn more about it, really.

10-11-09 09:23 PM
    Ik I've heard that more than once, that it is the best BB made...Idk such a hard choice! lol Everyones got me thinkin though i like that ha...Anyone else? Anything to say about the offer given to me?
    10-11-09 09:24 PM
    I would pick the storm, because right now that's my favorite BB. I have Storm II envy already because I just renewed this summer

It would be an easy choice for me, but this thing is all about personal preference. Some people hate touch screens.
    10-11-09 09:27 PM
    and see i like touch screens but idk they get kinda old..and can be touchy...but i like um but i love how the curve fits in my hand and the physical qwerty and the trackball...idk people *sigh*
    10-11-09 09:41 PM
    Touch screens blow. Stick with the keyboard.... but the trackball is horrible too, get the touch sensitive one.
    10-11-09 09:49 PM
    So far basically everyone seems to think that i should give up my Storm for the Curve im really debating on doing the switch tomorrow...Anyone else have any suggestions? Id like to hear what you have to say
    10-11-09 09:56 PM
    if it matters my son just tossed his storm in the tash.... it was his third try,, said he replaced it with the tour... he is on vzw if that makes a difference
    10-11-09 09:58 PM
    Touch screens blow. Stick with the keyboard.... but the trackball is horrible too, get the touch sensitive one.
    the touch sensitive one imo defeats the whole purpose of having a blackberry to me the scrollball is like the signature of a blackberry or at least, i can easily spot a blackberry just from seeing the trackball...but anyways even if i wanted to ger the touch sensitive one i couldnt get because verizon doesnt have it...yet... and im not elidgible for a upgrade for about another yr
    10-11-09 10:00 PM
    ik im thankful i havent had any problems with mine*knocks on wood* but ik there problematic...also another reason id possibly like to get rid of it
    10-11-09 10:01 PM
    There have been a lot of folks who have stepped back from devices like the Storm and Tour back into the Curve. Surprising that it happens that often.

Truthfully, I like the Curves' keyboard better than Tour, and I'm seriously looking at the Atlas, an 8900 series with the trackpad. Its keyboard is very similar to the one I have now. It's not a world phone like the Tour/Essex, but it has Wi-Fi, and that would be a bonus. With the newer BBs, I'm glad to see the trackball being obsoleted. Too problematic, if you have to take the whole device apart just to change one out. That is one of Curve's plus points.

10-11-09 10:09 PM
    Well I like curve it feels really good in my hand . I love hoplding it , its never in my pocket . It just feels perfect in my hand . And I love the keyboard as well .. I like to make the keyboard dance up and down with the music lol , it gives my curve character. I used to own a sidekick lx , and it was like holding a brick . And the storm is somewhat da same size . I think u shld go for the curve, you've had your fun with the touchscreen.
    10-11-09 11:00 PM
    I think I'm gonna make the switch to the 8300...idk though
    Anyone else got somethin to say? Although alot of ppl have gone back to the curve idk i just feel foolish for taking 2 steps back...am i really taking those steps? or does it just seem like it cause the storm is a newer device?
    10-11-09 11:35 PM
    I would use the Storm until you can renew and get the Tour. Advice from another employee
    10-12-09 12:07 AM
    Keep the storm. If you really like the curve buy one off ebay. They can't be too expensive.

High res screen, 3.2 mp cam, 4 times the app memory... Need I say more?

10-12-09 02:20 AM
    well, its morning now...and im still lost! i have work at 4...I need more advice CB users! What would you do? take the curve and some cash or stick with the storm?
    10-12-09 07:51 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD