View Poll Results: What would convince you to switch to a BlackBerry phone?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • More apps

34 44.74%
  • Better screen resulution

11 14.47%
  • Slider phone

14 18.42%
  • QWERTY with larger screen

21 27.63%
  • Better camera

27 35.53%
  • Other

28 36.84%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    This question presumes you are a Blackberry follower, but not currently using a Blackberry phone.

What's holding you back? What does BlackBerry need to do or produce to win you over as a customer?

More apps?
    Better camera?
    A slider phone?
    QWERTY phone with larger screen?
    Return of trackpad and buttons?
    Better screen resolution?
    Something else?

If you respond with a post, please indicate if you are a consumer or more of a business user.
    01-15-14 12:27 PM
    Good question! I'm interested in seeing the results.

For those of you who would select "better camera", please take a look at this video comparison (posted in another thread by SUBLIMINALLYINCORECT):
    01-15-14 12:39 PM
    All my friends say it's the lack of apps.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 12:43 PM
    Cutthroat pricing need to be on the poll.
    Bbnivende, deptech, jegs2 and 1 others like this.
    01-15-14 12:45 PM
    Sorry. I don't know how to edit the poll itself.
    After I created it, I noticed I had forgotten to add "trackpad and buttons" as an option.

Cutthroat pricing need to be on the poll.
    01-15-14 12:48 PM
    I used to be an android user for quite some time, even though I once had a BlackBerry.

I always liked BlackBerry because of their form factor and the keyboard. What brought me back was the fact that BB10 was something more on actual standards. Especially when it comes to design and speed.

I think what for most people is still missing are the apps. That's definitely a major drawback and I am also missing several apps.

Posted via CB10
    blackberrygrow likes this.
    01-15-14 01:14 PM
    To use it as a daily driver, not necessarily more apps, but better, more specific ones. All I really want is for my workflow not to be negatively impacted.

I use my phones for business and personal.
    Amy wineBerry likes this.
    01-15-14 01:34 PM
    Traveling all around Europe the last year I have seen very very few BlackBerry 10 devices.
    Discussing with several people of different ages I have understood that the problem of BBY today has nothing to do with the features of their phones but with their image :
    - people that never had a BBY think that they are just old fashion phones with physical keyboard and nothing more!
    - people that they are or they were users of the legacy devices they are simply too tired with the legacy OS and they were or they are jealous of iPhone or Samsung users.

It will be really hard for BBY to change this but is worth trying because having use everything I believe that the 10 OS is far better than any other OS, at least as of today.
    The Z and Q devises also stand very well among the competition in pricing, design and specs.

Sent from my Z 30
    deptech likes this.
    01-15-14 02:48 PM
    I consider myself a consumer as I'm 20. I would say Google drive access is all that's holding me back right now.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using CB Forums mobile app
    01-15-14 02:56 PM
    All it would take is having to use a Samsung Android phone for a week. I don't know how they sell so well when Touchwiz is such a poorly thought out, cluttered and confusing user interface. Sony's Android UI is probably the cleanest and most intuitive I've tried.

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 / 10.2.0.1803 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2
    01-15-14 03:06 PM
    None of the above.

I didn't buy a Z10 when it was released because the 10.0 OS was laughably incomplete and buggy.

So, when 10.2.1 is officially released by BB, I may be tempted to buy a Z10 to try out. At the current fire-sale prices here in the UK (�149), even if I don't like it, it's no huge loss. Who knows, it might be the start of a whole new chapter in my relationship with BB.
    01-15-14 03:08 PM
    I'm a business user. I need a large screen, and a solid, well-spaced keyboard. A vertical slider is the only form
    factor that makes sense to me. Sort of the opposite of the Torch. I have no problem with the fact that some of
    you liked the Torch. It just didn't meet my needs. It just seemed too small, too cramped, and too likely to fall apart.

I have very basic app needs, and doubt if "lack of apps" really would be a problem for me.

I would like a good camera though. My current camera is horrible, and I don't want to shell out a small fortune
    for something that is known for not performing well in low light, or not correcting for vibrations.

Price is a legitimate consideration too. I know that Blackberry has been targeting "prosumers" but they shouldn't
    assume that we're all wealthy.
    fanisk likes this.
    01-15-14 04:36 PM
    I'm a business user. I need a large screen, and a solid, well-spaced keyboard.
    I know you think you need a physical Qwerty keyboard along with the big screen but have you tried the BB10 virtual keyboard on the Z10?

It really is excellent for a virtual keyboard. The way it learns your style and words you use frequently and even accurately predicts the names of people and dates of the month that you might be about to type is astonishing at times. You should be able to pick one up cheaply now as they have been discounted for several months.

01-15-14 05:17 PM
    I'm sure it's great. I'm an anomaly. I have a personal preference for physical keyboards, but I really need a physical keyboard. I have nerve damage
    in my hands, and for some reason, pecking on glass screens hurts the tips of my fingers, but pressing on a physical keyboard doesn't.
    Even if that were the case though, I do so much emailing and texting by phone that there's just no way I'd go for anything but one with a good
    solid physical keyboard.

I know you think you need a physical Qwerty keyboard along with the big screen but have you tried the BB10 virtual keyboard on the Z10?

It really is excellent for a virtual keyboard. The way it learns your style and words you use frequently and even accurately predicts the names of people and dates of the month that you might be about to type is astonishing at times. You should be able to pick one up cheaply now as they have been discounted for several months.

anon8091350 and jegs2 like this.
    01-15-14 05:33 PM
    I own one, but apps and camera are the main cons if you ask me.

Photo a Day Channel: C002B5A07
    01-15-14 05:46 PM
    01-15-14 05:52 PM
    Keyboard!

I can have smooth experience and good camera on wp, iphone, and android. But almost all of them doesn't have good keyboard like blackberry.

Sent from multiple devices using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bbhuh; 01-15-14 at 06:25 PM.
    01-15-14 06:04 PM
    I voted other.

For the record, I use multiple platforms and will continue to do so. There is nothing BlackBerry could do that would convince me to switch to a BlackBerry phone only, but I would buy one if they'd unlock the boot loader on the Q10 or a future physical QWERTY device.
    GadgetTravel likes this.
    01-15-14 06:18 PM
    Other . I want to come back to BlackBerry but they have Got to fix the stupid reboots.
    Apps I don't mind not having all because I'm not that big on games nor social media apps like Instagram, Pinterest, twitter.

Oh and I am a 31 year old consumer.
    01-15-14 07:29 PM
    Traveling all around Europe the last year I have seen very very few BlackBerry 10 devices.
    Discussing with several people of different ages I have understood that the problem of BBY today has nothing to do with the features of their phones but with their image :
    - people that never had a BBY think that they are just old fashion phones with physical keyboard and nothing more!
    - people that they are or they were users of the legacy devices they are simply too tired with the legacy OS and they were or they are jealous of iPhone or Samsung users.

It will be really hard for BBY to change this but is worth trying because having use everything I believe that the 10 OS is far better than any other OS, at least as of today.
    The Z and Q devises also stand very well among the competition in pricing, design and specs.

Sent from my Z 30
    I wonder if they should have branded the all touch phones under another name and reserved BlackBerry for the physical keyboard phones.
    01-15-14 07:39 PM
    I think that the main problem is that no one gets to know the os and the phone itself. My friends got crazy when I got my Q10, all of them told me to go for a S4 or an Iphone.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 07:50 PM
    Some one willing to pay for a data unlimited package!

Z10 on Telus
    flyingsolid likes this.
    01-15-14 07:56 PM
    What would convince me? A cheaper phone that I can buy outright and unlocked direct from the company.

Seriously, they price their phones like they're the only game in town rather than being struggling for 3rd or 4th place. I'd love a Q5 or Q10. I want to try out BB10, but I'd want a QWERTY phone if I get one because to me that's the 'true Blackberry experience'.

I quite like my iPhone 5S but I really want to try a BB10. Let me buy one unlocked at a reasonable price without a 3 year contract, and I'll give it a shot.

FWIW I am in Canada, where 3-year contracts are the status quo, and the only place I can find BB10 phones for outright purchase & unlocked is eBay, and they seem overpriced considering the risks of buying on eBay.
    01-15-14 08:08 PM
    I have had BlackBerry for 10 years. I don't think price has that much to do with it. I just bought a Z30 off contract and it was $550 from Verizon. The iPhone is just as high and they sell like crazy. I think in the USA it is that the carrier don't update the OS and the lack of apps. Sure you can load the leaks and side load snap however I know 5 people with Z10 and until I told them about side loading the had know idea. And they had me do it for them. They all would tell you they love the phone now that they can get apps via snap. They either disliked or even one of them said they hated the phone before. Just my opinion. But loving my Z30.

Rockin Z30 on 10.2.1.1925
    01-15-14 08:56 PM
    People, in my experience, are not smart in the least. I ask people this all the time they usually reply "my iPhone is better" when asked if they've tried something else almost 100% of the time they've never even tried anything else. They have no idea the features the BlackBerry has, yet they claim it is inferior. BlackBerry became popular due to people following a trend, BlackBerry was replaced by people following a new trend (apple), apple will eventually be replaced by people following the next trend.

No one likes to challenge the status quo, no one wants to be different, everyone wants to fit in.

It's not about the phone, stop pretending it is, it's about the image.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by RTK90; 01-15-14 at 09:41 PM.
    01-15-14 09:11 PM
133 123 ...