Obviously email and browsing didn't work yesterday. Did GPS go out too? Anyway, I'd like to know if during an outage, does the GMail client, Opera Mini, and Telenav still work? They're 3rd party, but do they rely on BIS/BES? Speaking of BES; did BES activated blackberries affected as well?
    02-12-08 11:06 AM
    Any application that relies on data was unavailable. GPS locally would have been available, but without the use of Google Maps, BB Maps, etc. would have been pretty much useless unless someone needed your exact coordinates. I don't think it mattered whether you use BES or BIS, anything dealing with data was down.
    02-12-08 12:07 PM
    ugh, thank goodness for games!
    02-12-08 12:08 PM
    I was able to use my browser but none of my emails through BES/BIS were showing up.
    02-12-08 12:10 PM
    I think I was getting text messages but not sure if they were queued.
    02-12-08 12:16 PM
    i seriously didn't experience any difficulties... i felt so left out! lol :]
    02-12-08 03:27 PM
    i seriously didn't experience any difficulties... i felt so left out! lol :]
    Neither did I.
    02-12-08 04:49 PM
    I was able to send text messages, but not any messages on the BB Messenger. I was able open the AT&T browser but not the BlackBerry browser. Could only get e-mail on the AT&T browser.
    02-12-08 04:59 PM
    I didn't see any affects, but then again. I might not have noticed anyway as I'm still fairly new to the world of BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-08 05:38 PM
    I'm in the Pacific Northwest on Verizon and didn't notice anything. Does Verizon have it's own Blackberry server (I'm sure they do) and is that why I didn't experience it. Was it just BES users or BIS users as well?
    02-12-08 07:58 PM
    Verizon Seattle and I did notice the effects. Not greatly since I'm new and not totally addicted but I was trying to see the pass reports and NOTHING came up. A few other sites and I decided something was amiss. I rebooted. Still nothing so I logged on here and read things were down.
    02-12-08 10:46 PM
    I was asleep so I didn't notice. But bis went out last saturday morning between 1am and 4am.

02-12-08 10:58 PM
    I didn't notice much of a diffence either I just receive an email from BB saying that my email was " not currently accessible by your BlackBerry device, so you may be experiencing a delay in email delivery" but everything seemed to work fine as far as I can tell

02-12-08 11:06 PM
    Everything worked fine for me during the outage. I didn't realize there even was an outage until a news email got sent to my berry telling me about it.

02-13-08 04:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD