I will be purchasing the 9930 on Verizon. As my name states, NO MORE DROID.....its nice to have some flash, but BB is where its at for me. I used BB for years and defected to droid since BB couldnt do anything but refresh phones. If the 9790 comes to VZW i will look at that. The 9930 seems a bit wide but it looks really nice.
    06-17-11 02:14 PM
    gonna get a 9900 and get my wife a Torch 2. not jumping ship!!!
    06-17-11 02:15 PM
    LOL, yep, gotta love the dependability of the spinning clock and undelivered BBM messages. Oh and my favorite dependable BB email feature: "Message truncated due to size".
    Have had a spinning clock only one time since moving to .600. Have had no truncated messages in a long time. Must be my lucky year.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-11 02:57 PM
    My contract isn't up for over another year, so I can't say for sure. But I really hope there QNX based Blackberry phones with slider/touch/trackpad/QWERTY keyboard design by then.

Give me a QNX Torch in 2012 and I will be one extremely happy camper!!!
    06-17-11 03:02 PM
    My contract isn't up for over another year, so I can't say for sure. But I really hope there QNX based Blackberry phones with slider/touch/trackpad/QWERTY keyboard design by then.

Give me a QNX Torch in 2012 and I will be one extremely happy camper!!!
    My contract is up this month but I'm commiting to waiting it out until Q1 2012. If you throw in LTE functionality and much better developer support and commitment to the BlackBerry QNX platform, I'll be a very happy camper as well and would likely stay with BlackBerry. Oh yeah, if it isn't too much to ask, I'd like all these things within Verizon
    06-17-11 03:21 PM
    Rumor has it QNX phones won't hit until late 2012, so you should probaly not hold your breath and buy a new phone soon. If my contract was up and I was on Verizon, I would seriously consider that Bold Touch with OS7, thats just me though....
    06-17-11 03:39 PM
    Rumor has it QNX phones won't hit until late 2012, so you should probaly not hold your breath and buy a new phone soon. If my contract was up and I was on Verizon, I would seriously consider that Bold Touch with OS7, thats just me though....
    That would be terrible if true! Thanks for the heads up though. For a manufacturer to talk about QNX in late 2010 and release it two years later is not a good strategy for customer retention I feel (I know it's on the Playbook but the wait at least for me has been for it on their phones). Oh well, I think more clarity will shake out by the time I'm ready to purchase.

I honestly don't know if the Bold Touch has enough screen real estate for enjoyable web browsing for me. The Torch 2 may be a better option for my use. I will definitely take the time to test run them in the store. Of course Verizon will also affect the decision I make based on the phones they decide to carry.
    Last edited by DrewDT; 06-17-11 at 03:57 PM.
    06-17-11 03:46 PM
    my contract for my BB9700 is due august changing to sim only deal for a couple of months to give me choice. if you asked me a 2 months ago i would have said BB9900

but rim is to slow with decent os updates, lack of apps that you can get with android or ios.

chances are - Iphone 5 in november
    06-17-11 05:04 PM
    Yeah my next phone will be a Monza/Monaco/Touch/Whatever they'll call it. Why? I have no complaints with my BB and it does everything I want it to. I'm happy with it.
    06-17-11 05:06 PM
    android, until qnx phones develope if they do at that. i dont like the thought that they are comming out with basically a bunch of ugly refreshes with new chipsets. they are taking basically a voltswagon beetle and jamming a gumbert motor in it. ok so now it can go fast but its still a miserable beetle. android seems to push the hardware out very well, yes you can say they release a new phone a week but atleast they are evolving. ive tried all the other brands after spending many hours in an at&t store, ios is to irritating (opinion), android seems to work fluidly but active wallpapers get on my nerves, windows7 well i broke it trying to open the browser, hp i broke webos opening settings.
    all os 7 seems to be is a rehash of os6 just now being optimised for snapdragon. they were going to dump the horrid old chipset on us again..... come on!!!
    06-17-11 05:16 PM
    Ugly refreshes? I dunno, having a real keyboard I guess is considered ugly, but for me its more practical and logical.

Also isn't the iPhone the same design every year? No wait, they made a white one!!!
    06-17-11 05:26 PM
    iPhone 5 here. I am a long term BB and iOS user and I gotta say, I refuse to go back to BB until qnx is build out. And I'm giving it a year to develop into a market that is actually usable. I got screwed before as an early adopter of web so and windows phone 7
    So 2013 for me.
    06-17-11 05:31 PM
    Sticking with my Bold 9700 (if it lasts) until a QNX Blackberry with keypad emerges.
    06-17-11 05:35 PM
    My NE2 with VZW comes up at the end of the year, at the moment I'm eyeing the monaco although what I really want to see is a touchscreen with a slide-out landscape keyboard. I'm very happy with my Storm2 and don't feel any need to leave blackberry so I suppose I will just hold on patiently and see what develops.
    06-17-11 05:41 PM
    My next phone will be a BlackBerry. I have no problems with my phone now.
    06-17-11 05:48 PM
    Iphone 5 here I come. I'm tired if going back to BB to be disapointed by its crappy overall featureset.

06-17-11 05:58 PM
    On Verizon and hoping for a 9930. Sexy phone!

06-17-11 06:03 PM
    iPhone5? It will probably have more problems than the Middle East. No one remembers "antennae-gate" or Apple offering plastic/rubber cases for free to fix reception issues? Or iPhones accidentally turning off when you held them against your face?

Apple's marketing is absolutely brilliant when no one remembers all the flaws every iPhone has had over the years and people want the latest new feature like "Facetime". Does anyone even use that? I mean I hardly ever used Skype, with Facetime you need to both have iPhone4's, be in WiFi hotspots, have the moons align, and pray! But great commercials pushed that as some life changing feature.

I prefer QWERTY keyboards, stronger batteries, better reception, better messaging, thats just me. I will be buying another BB when my contract is up
    06-17-11 08:12 PM
    I'm pretty positive its gonna be a Blackberry, but since I just got my 9780 I will be sticking with it for at least another year or so. We'll see

06-17-11 09:03 PM
    Come October I get my full "discount" from TMO, so, depending on what new BBs they have then, I will get one, hopefully the Bold Touch or the Monaco/Monza.

BUT, that HTC Sensation is sooooo appealing right now...
    06-17-11 09:13 PM
    iPhone5? It will probably have more problems than the Middle East. No one remembers "antennae-gate" or Apple offering plastic/rubber cases for free to fix reception issues? Or iPhones accidentally turning off when you held them against your face?

Apple's marketing is absolutely brilliant when no one remembers all the flaws every iPhone has had over the years and people want the latest new feature like "Facetime". Does anyone even use that? I mean I hardly ever used Skype, with Facetime you need to both have iPhone4's, be in WiFi hotspots, have the moons align, and pray! But great commercials pushed that as some life changing feature.

I prefer QWERTY keyboards, stronger batteries, better reception, better messaging, thats just me. I will be buying another BB when my contract is up
    Well antanagade was just based on a wrong alagrythm on the phone. And the free cases are just to shut the market up because people would never believe a corporation over a person, regardless of who it is. I don't remember the turning off thing to be honest. FaceTime is good with ios 5 as it is intigrated with I message. So its like video chat on bbm. Beat that.
    Keyboard is a prefarance so I'll give you that, battery is pretty good on iPhone 4 and above, concidering how much power it packs. Messaging, personally I think is so much better on the iPhone. Push email is faster and it's shown as it would on the desktop, blackberry fails in that field quite often. And reception is arguable... I'll give you that too. But hey BB is shown to have one of the higher radiation emmisions for that reason.
    06-17-11 09:34 PM
    Push email may be slightly faster on the iphone4, but the act of typing a message takes longer and is more tedious due to the limits of touchscreen keyboards. Also despite what you think of facetime, it was just a gimmick that I never see anyone actually use. As for iMessage, sounds good and all, but BBM is hardly as relevant as before with free cross platform message apps like kik or pingchat, the iM on iPhone is a bit late to really matter...
    06-17-11 10:02 PM
    Yes. I've had my 9700 for over a year now and really do not want a new phone. I love it.

However, if I would enjoy the Bold touch coming out!

06-17-11 10:13 PM
    But that's the kick bbm gives. It's platform exclusive and it's for some strange reason more addictive the cross platform messagings. FaceTime is a feature regardless of howmoften its used :P I have to agree that it's more or less not relevant but it is a benefit to have a front facing camera.

For the keyboard however I have to say its the physical That has limitations. It's permanetly set in one language and are far more tiring and stress enduring on the thumbs as it requires far more force. With such tiny space to type in portrait mode, physical buttons don't offer much. Muscle memory is far better then you may think. And if needed you can change language your typing with at anytime. Factors in, virtual keyboard is better in my opinion feature set wise. But many do prefer to actually touch something more then glass when typing and that's fine, it's all personal prefferance.
    06-17-11 10:19 PM
    Put it this way, if you had to type a 200 word email on a touchscreen only phone pressing glass or use a QWERTY keyboard, you don't honestly think carefully pressing glass would be as fast as thumbing keys, do you?

I make too many mistakes on virtual keyboards. Also I watch people type on them, they look soooo focused like they are doing surgery. Hold the phone in one hand, carefully use the index finger on the other hand to input each letter one by one.

Using the QWERTY keyboard, I often find myself using one hand hand and thumbing a message. Or if I want speed in a longer message, use both hands with two thumbs, soooo much faster, its not even close.

iPhone5 needs to take a page out of the EVO Shift, that is offer a slider keyboard and have the touch only model EVO! Otherwise its the same tired impractical design.

But consumers right now are brainwashed by not having QWERTY keyboards, as if they have some cutting edge tech. Virtual keyboards are too small on smartphones and its too slow to type on them. They are not bad on tablets though...
    06-18-11 06:45 AM
122 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD