View Poll Results: What will your New Year smartphone be?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • BB10 (new later this year)

38 84.44%
  • Android

0 0%
  • WP8 (new later this year)

2 4.44%
  • iPhone

5 11.11%
    I hope BB10 can wow me back as there are certain things I miss, like the physical keyboard. However I am on contract for a good while longer, so probably keep my Amaze or better start saving now, lol!

Who knows what phones will be out in 8 months. I really like the specs on the Galaxy3 and even the iPhone5 sounds intriguing and I loathe apple .....

Should be interesting. Till then I am just fine with what I am currently rocking.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2
    04-27-12 04:55 PM
    Well I would definately keep my 9900,and then wait for bb10 hopefully with a keyboard,the iphone will never ever be in my possession android maybe
    04-27-12 05:37 PM
    Sick of Android and iOS. Using WP7 right now.

Will get WP8, perhaps BB10 if it is really good.
    04-27-12 06:34 PM
    i'm praying BB10 lives up to its expect ions. if no then i don't care. all i want is a new phone. tired of waiting
    04-27-12 09:00 PM
    Something good With Keyboard, i didnt like the London BB10 thing, Might go to Android or WP7 maybe who knows ?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Crackberry's App
    04-28-12 08:27 AM
    BB 10 on the day of release. Done.

That said, I was going to open a line on VZW to check out the RAZR Maxx (while keeping my 9810 as my real phone), but over at AC, the posters have been talking about missed texts, as well as smallish KB and fonts. No thanks.
    Beware Moto about one issue - they're bloody terrible at releasing timely updates to the Android OS. I waited 6 months after gingerbread was released to get it on my Atrix, and ICS won't hit my phone until 9 months after ICS was released. The quality of Motorola is great. The timeliness of updates isn't. This means if your phone is on an android version that has issues inherent to that particular version, you'll be waiting a long time for bug fixes. I've also had problems with OTA's coming to my phone. Moto used to post PC download files for their updates as well as OTA but now they've pulled that too recently. The only way I can ever get OTA's for my phone now is a factory reset which will force it. Moto's tech support never resolved this for me.

I ended up rooting as well because Motoblur = laggy phone. I recently rooted mine and disabled all of the bloatware, and disabled motoblur for a 3rd party launcher which made my phone blazingly fast. But it shouldn't have to come to that. Anyone who isn't into tech and unwilling to root would have been SOL.

On another note, the poll results surprise me! no votes for Android so far. I've seen Android 4 in action this week, and I gotta tell ya.. very impressed. This version is finally a polished and professionally done OS above and beyond anything Android has done so far. Worth a look to those who haven't looked into Android post 4.x.

I had said in other posts that I'm also willing to give WP8 a serious look this year but have recently had a change of heart about it and BB10. While both look like they may have amazing potential and I'm quite pleased and impressed with the direction both are going I simply think it would be foolish of me to jump on either of them at launch time. If anything, I would rather sit back on my current phone and watch and see how they both mature (like a fine wine) for a few months and then decide. Nothing would get my goat more than to excitedly jump on either of those OS overhauls if they didn't pan out to expectations. Better to let new adopters be my guinea pigs
    Last edited by omniusovermind; 04-28-12 at 09:14 AM.
    04-28-12 09:06 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD