As blackberry has new OS what fate will happen to old blackerry devices.
    I am in copany where camera phones have been banned. So only option
    is blackberry non camera phones which i found on ebay. They run on
    OS 7 . So when blackberry 10 is launched will blackberry continue to manufacture
    devices which does not run BB10.
    Also will application developers stop making apps for older platform
    03-07-13 01:54 PM
    I believe they will continue to support them for a while and then slowly pull support.
    03-07-13 01:57 PM
    They will continue to support the legacy devices for a few years yet. There are many many people in the world that won't be able to upgrade to a new BB10 device, and there are millions who have recently purchased one so have no fear. You will have support.
    Fida Ulfat likes this.
    03-07-13 02:00 PM
    Mine is going on ebay...unless someone else wants to purchase it on here...White 9810...good shape, few marks from the case rubbing but that is it...OEM Box, and I will throw in what ever cases I have gathered over the 18+ months of owning the phone.
    03-07-13 02:10 PM
    The Evil BlackBerry Gnome will appear at your door and demand you hand over your BB, or he will spirit away your happiness.
    03-07-13 08:35 PM
    If camera phones have been banned then your organization can block camera use via active sync policy (if you use Exchange server email) or, if they have it, Bes 10 BDS. So, yes, you Can get a Z10!

BesAdmin Z10 User
    Degree likes this.
    03-07-13 08:41 PM
    If camera phones have been banned then your organization can block camera use via active sync policy (if you use Exchange server email) or, if they have it, Bes 10 BDS. So, yes, you Can get a Z10!

BesAdmin Z10 User
    Does that disable it for personal use too?
    leafnstion44 likes this.
    03-08-13 12:39 AM
    They go to a farm with all the other old phone models to run around in fields and play every day.

Posted via CB10
    Morty2264 likes this.
    03-08-13 12:45 AM
    As per their policy handset should not have camera at all.It wont work if i disable camera. One of my team member somehow took out camera from his handset still they didnt allowed him . Stupid people.
    I basically need a phone with qwerty keepad and i couldnt find anyone except BB on ebay .
    03-08-13 01:21 AM
    I have it from a friend at BlackBerry, legacy support will carry on for 4 to 5 years. Thats not to say much will change but they do have a team of over 200 people dedicated to supporting legacy devices.
    You might look at buying a new non camera device from CB or elsewhere before they become very scarce!
    03-08-13 01:47 AM
    I haven't tested it but am pretty sure if you add the Exchange mailbox in the personal space it will apply an active sync disabled camera policy in the personal space. If added via bes, you can disable camera app in work space from bes policy if balance is enabled. Will check the bes tomorrow to see if camera can be disabled in both personal and work.

BesAdmin Z10 User
    03-08-13 02:57 AM
    My 9700 will keep me going until it dies and by then there will be lots of refurbished z10's to pick up.
    03-08-13 07:15 AM
    Camera can be disabled by software
    03-08-13 07:25 AM
    Anti-camera policies are from 1999. Do they honestly think that an industrial espionage guy won't be able to get and use a concealed small camera?!?
    03-08-13 12:18 PM
    They will continue to support the legacy devices for a few years yet. There are many many people in the world that won't be able to upgrade to a new BB10 device, and there are millions who have recently purchased one so have no fear. You will have support.
    True. Heck, they just updated BBM for versions 5+. There might not be too many new apps coming, but the core functionality should continue for quite some time. Especially considering the money that is being made from BlackBerry data plans. BlackBerry is making more per unit on these phones than they will from BB10.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-08-13 04:49 PM
    Rotary club will be collecting them and shipping them to Africa along with old eyewear.
    03-08-13 09:05 PM
    Well......recycling is the way to go and possibly get them to be shipped to less fortunate people that may be able to at least use them as a cellphone and texting? Just an idea!
    03-08-13 09:08 PM
    I know it probably won't happen, but I would love to see someone figure out how to load an alt os (like android or webos) on to a BB 7 device, just to see what kind of performance difference the old java os vs a more modern os.

Would be amazing to see someone load a stripped down version of BB10. But that won't happen either.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    03-09-13 03:01 AM
    Sr. bBRY sales execs told my company that the plan was to support enterprise users for another 18-24 months and then our company would be forced into BB10. I don't know if the consumer plan is different.
    03-09-13 07:37 AM
    Wow. Soon, your company won't have any mobile employees then. Pretty tough to find a phone without a camera altogether, let alone a BlackBerry. Even the cheapest flip phones out there have cameras now. Not sure what they are thinking, especially since with Balance, they can do what they want with a BlackBerry 10 phone.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z10
    03-09-13 10:19 AM
    No it will not. Remember...BlackBerry Balance!
    03-09-13 10:51 AM
    Wow. Soon, your company won't have any mobile employees then. Pretty tough to find a phone without a camera altogether, let alone a BlackBerry. Even the cheapest flip phones out there have cameras now. Not sure what they are thinking, especially since with Balance, they can do what they want with a BlackBerry 10 phone.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z10
    A lot of companies out there do not allow camera phones....
    03-09-13 10:52 AM
    I am honestly surprised that more work places don't allow them. With the patient privacy act, I am surprised that hospitals and doctors offices don't ban them for staff. I am prepared though. Mint 8830 sitting here waiting to get the chance to be activated.
    03-09-13 01:53 PM
    just curious, which model are you using? i mean the one without camera? my office is also going to ban camera phones
    08-13-13 12:03 PM