Dose any1 know what will happen when fairfax take over iv just got a blackberry z10 should I be thinking of selling it??

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 06:08 AM
    Hi! Welcome to CB!!!

It's all speculation at the moment. There won't be any concrete answers until at least Friday, and even then, they may likely not be very clear.
    09-25-13 06:20 AM
    No, nobody knows. It's not even a sure thing that Fairfax will buy out the company because the deal is still contingent on a number of factors. If they do go through with it, the odds are good that BBRY will focus only on providing enterprise services and not products, at least not to consumers. While BB phones aren't about to stop running, it's unclear what kind of support the future will bring for them in terms of OS updates, App World, BBM, BIS, etc. Uncertainty reigns.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    09-25-13 06:21 AM
    Dose any1 know what will happen when fairfax take over iv just got a blackberry z10 should I be thinking of selling it??

Posted via CB10
    It will still work. Don't worry. When your contact is up, you can reevaluate.
    09-25-13 06:38 AM
    No, nobody knows. It's not even a sure thing that Fairfax will buy out the company because the deal is still contingent on a number of factors. If they do go through with it, the odds are good that BBRY will focus only on providing enterprise services and not products, at least not to consumers. While BB phones aren't about to stop running, it's unclear what kind of support the future will bring for them in terms of OS updates, App World, BBM, BIS, etc. Uncertainty reigns.
    We do know that people who no longer use Blackberry phone, who spread FUD on a Blackberry forum, should really get a life and post on the appropriate forums.
    09-25-13 06:40 AM
    We do know that people who no longer use Blackberry phone, who spread FUD on a Blackberry forum, should really get a life and post on the appropriate forums.
    I'm sorry. I didn't know there was a requirement that one still be using a BB to post here. Silly me. I guess that means that after more than 12 years of using BBs, my opinion of BBRY's future after the potential Fairfax deal is less valid than others.

As to spreading FUD, the folks in Waterloo certainly have cornered the market on that.
    09-25-13 06:47 AM
    Probably they will make BB10 finally have all the features that legacy device lovers had for years? Who knows?

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 06:49 AM
    I'm sorry. I didn't know there was a requirement that one still be using a BB to post here. Silly me. I guess that means that after more than 12 years of using BBs, my opinion of BBRY's future after the potential Fairfax deal is less valid than others.

As to spreading FUD, the folks in Waterloo certainly have cornered the market on that.
    Haters gonna hate non BB10 users.

OP, wait a week or three. The future will unravel pretty quickly. At worst the z will become a museum piece. At best you'll get support until it's time to move on.
    09-25-13 06:54 AM
    Fairfax is renowned for picking selective investments. Watsa himself is reportdly renowned of being a good predictor.

Obviously Fairfax is not in the charity business or being patriotic to simply put close to USD 5.0 bio on the table to acquire BlackBerry (Ok, not done deal yet) and the fact that they showed buyout intention, indicates they are aware of the cons and pros of the BB. It takes a SWOT analysis, identifying business implications, determining sustainable competitive advantage and leveraging all of that for a better BlackBerry in the future.
    I am certain they have been through the exercise.

I believe BlackBerry will have a better chance to survive and take part of the growing smartphone business under a new investor/management/product/people/process...

Cannot imagine the world without Blackberry!

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 07:05 AM
    I think this post is perfectly reasonable and well considered. Thanks for your contribution.

Z10 via CB10
    amazinglygraceless and JasW like this.
    09-25-13 07:09 AM
    Fairfax is renowned for picking selective investments. Watsa himself is reportdly renowned of being a good predictor.

Obviously Fairfax is not in the charity business or being patriotic to simply put close to USD 5.0 bio on the table to acquire BlackBerry (Ok, not done deal yet) and the fact that they showed buyout intention, indicates they are aware of the cons and pros of the BB. It takes a SWOT analysis, identifying business implications, determining sustainable competitive advantage and leveraging all of that for a better BlackBerry in the future.
    I am certain they have been through the exercise.

I believe BlackBerry will have a better chance to survive and take part of the growing smartphone business under a new investor/management/product/people/process...

Cannot imagine the world without Blackberry!

Posted via CB10
    Prem Watsa may be a great investor/predictor but that doesn't mean it will be good for the continuation of BB devices going forward.
    I believe he has a plan to make a ton of money (for himself / fairfax) it just may not involve the BB handsets we enjoy, sadly!!

Again, BB as WE know them (handsets) have the best chance of survival from someone else buying / running the company but that may not be the case here. It's difficult to predict what this deal will mean but I still firmly believe going private is definitely better than the course BB have put themselves on! The current company in recent weeks have been sinking the ship with every move they make. Just as the BB10 os begins to shine brighter and brighter it appears, to me, they take the luster off the shine with bad decisions or the BBM fiasco etc... I know Prem Watsa is a BB supporter but like any other potential buyer, he has a bigger passion for profit and at the end of the day that's what it's all about for any buyer, no matter how good these handsets are or how much we like them and wish them to survive.

PLUS, his ties to Mike Lazaridis doesn't bode well in my opinion. It not like Steve Jobs going back to Apple. It's actually funny comparing the two! LOL

Lets hope for the best !! I really hope the buyers math is more addition rather than subtraction!! I really can't imagine not buying another BB device when I'm due for my next upgrade. I hate this uncertainty & would absolutely despise the end of BB handsets! It would almost be criminal !!

#KeepMoving
    09-25-13 09:38 AM
    This was unvcalled for.

He was not disrespectful and what he say is certainly not out of the possibilities.
    09-25-13 10:17 AM
    Keep your phone, if you pay your phone bill your phone will work, simple

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 10:34 AM