Ok, so I for wifi workin at home as I make my newly purchased Storm2 feel at home on her first night out of the store. My wifi icon is white and my Sid is visible on the home screen. I guess my question is, what can I do now? Besides being able to talk on the phone and surf the web at the same time, can it do anything else?

Thanks for the help!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-09 11:05 PM
    Well if your like me and live in a place with little to no data coverage than WIFI is a must have. I can now get my BBM's, emails, browse the web and talk on the phone at the same time.
    11-02-09 11:09 PM
    For reading your morning news while on the can in the morning even faster.
    11-02-09 11:14 PM
    I am in Centtal NJ. I have a good 3G connection. But will my wifi make the web any faster? Also do I have to set the browser to use it or will it automagically use wifi if I'm in a set up hotspot? I too surf the web on the can. In fact I do a lot of web from my phone. As those that have toddlers know, little ones don't like when Daddy of Mommy sits down at the pc. Therefore I email, social network, and web surf from my BB.

11-02-09 11:20 PM
    For reading your morning news while on the can in the morning even faster.
    Yes. +1. That is amazing.
    11-02-09 11:21 PM
    Ok, here is a problem. When using wifi and 3g, youtube vids are choptastic. Of I turn off wifi, its smooth as well, you get the point. Thoughts?

11-02-09 11:31 PM
    Yeah man, Ive had the tour for awhile and love it. Then the 1st day the storm 2 came out, I bought it. MOSTLY for the wifi, and it has a nicer screen size. When im connected with wifi, and I know its connected because its white not gray, my internet is the same speed as if it wasnt even on. I actually compared my tour and the storm 2 at the same time loading sites next to each other at the same time. Sad to say but its the same! Im with you, I dont get it....
    11-02-09 11:39 PM
    Ok, so I for wifi workin at home as I make my newly purchased Storm2 feel at home on her first night out of the store. My wifi icon is white and my Sid is visible on the home screen. I guess my question is, what can I do now? Besides being able to talk on the phone and surf the web at the same time, can it do anything else?

Thanks for the help!

Do a speed test on wifi. Its not a big deal when it comes to speed. In fact, if you have good 3G coverage you will notice no difference.

11-02-09 11:40 PM
    Ok. So I guess I got excited about a feature that really doesn't help me. Oh well, just something to keep in the ol toolbox I guess.

11-03-09 10:06 AM
    Ok. So I guess I got excited about a feature that really doesn't help me. Oh well, just something to keep in the ol toolbox I guess.

Or if you travel and dont want to pay for international data.
    11-03-09 10:10 AM
    Ok, here is a problem. When using wifi and 3g, youtube vids are choptastic. Of I turn off wifi, its smooth as well, you get the point. Thoughts?

I think that wifi only streams videos, while your normal data actually downloads it first.
    11-03-09 11:06 AM

I flew on a 3-hour Delta flight this weekend and the plane had WiFi. I logged in on my S2 and had BBM/email/web the whole trip. Now someone tell me WiFi is useless. That was pretty awesome TBH.....S2 FTW!
    11-03-09 11:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD