ok, so playbook os 2.0 dropped tuesday, awesome update...havent put it down since. but now whats left for mwc? i hardly believe that rim would showcase the os before the update at ces2012 then after the official consumer release at mwc? doesnt make any sense...what are we expecting to see next week? some new pb apps? some nutty functionality that we didnt think of? or the coveted blackberry 10....what will it be?
    what do you think? any news reports? rumors? anything!?
    02-22-12 09:18 AM
    They will show some functionality of BB10, possible on a defunct or mockup device. They also will allude to PB 2.1 (or 3.0) most likely and BB Mobile Fusion as well as apps.
    02-22-12 09:50 AM
  3. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    They will show some functionality of BB10, possible on a defunct or mockup device. They also will allude to PB 2.1 (or 3.0) most likely and BB Mobile Fusion as well as apps.
    Sounds great!!! all good!!!
    02-22-12 10:03 AM
    A demo of BB10 will be given, no devices will be shown.
    02-22-12 10:12 AM
    please specify if you are speculating or have some kind of source. thanks
    02-22-12 10:40 AM
    Nothing. I'm not expecting anything anymore.
    02-22-12 10:47 AM
    More info on the newer versions of the 1.5Ghz PlayBook, and pricing?
    Will they keep the existing PlayBook in production at the lower prices?
    Review PlayBook OS2 features and show how these will improve the BB10 Experience?
    Show some of the major Apps that are on the PlayBook?

BB10.... I'm not expecting anything there other than maybe an update on what they are planning. Think they will wait to show off the devices and OS @ a time closer to release
    Last edited by Dunt Dunt Dunt; 02-22-12 at 12:53 PM.
    02-22-12 11:08 AM
    I don't think we'll see anything about future PlayBook OS versions or future models, probably just BB10 talk.
    02-22-12 11:18 AM
    hopefully we see some added apps, i for one would like to see netflix and skype go on there just so people can stop complaining about it, i use neither - netflix is garbage in canada, i barely know anyone on skype (however it would be nice, i guess)
    lets just hope they show something different, because we've been hearing about 2.0 for months, now its out, no reason to hype it anymore....
    i gotta figure they've thought this through, but we cant know for sure

Edit: Just got upgraded to crackberry abuser wOOt!
    Last edited by erodenero; 02-22-12 at 12:44 PM.
    02-22-12 12:32 PM
    I hope for the official "unveiling" of BlackBerry 10. Hopefully we'll see some new features in the OS and maybe a rough roadmap. I don't expect any device announcments here.

Maybe PlayBook 3G/4G and Tablet OS 3.0?
    02-22-12 01:44 PM
    i don't think we'll see much on the bb10 front. BB10 will probably be reserved for BB World.

I think they will have new big name apps unveiled though.
    02-22-12 01:49 PM
    Damn, can't there be any blackberry events in toronto canada?!?! I wants to film it, be there and have fun!
    yauchunh and Joe.User like this.
    02-22-12 02:39 PM
    apps seem to be what we need the most, bb10 is already delayed to the 2nd half of the year to bring it up at mwc would just put salt in the wound, apps however would breathe some new life into the pb and give some of those tech reviewers a swift kick in the behind....if they come. lets keep hoping, anyone who can shed some actual light on this with sources, plz chime in.
    02-22-12 02:43 PM
    they are gonna show OS3 , 4, 5, 6, 7 ,8 ,9 ...just not BB10.
    02-22-12 03:26 PM
    Anything to get the stock going up... Please!
    02-22-12 03:57 PM
    RIM needs that Palm moment when they showcased WebOS@CES'2009 and I think WMC is it.
    02-22-12 04:02 PM
    Hey don't forget that it is almost a year since the current PlayBook launched (Early April) and that it was announced a while before that (Mid November)? I am expecting that they will drop news on at least the 7-inch version of the next gen PB hardware. I also hope for news on the 10-inch PlayBook. Yes OS2 just dropped but software is only half the battle and RIM needs to update hardware to catch up on some features (for example HSPA+/LTE connectivity) to remain competitive in this tablet war that is only just really starting.
    02-22-12 04:19 PM
    I believe RIM will tout their development platform....Anyone who has been following this should be aware that RIM has some "game changing" tools in the pipeline. RIM is turning the BB10 NDK and BB10 Web Works platform into a power house. Keep an eye on developments at MWC, as well as progress throughout the year. Be assured some Cascades goodness will be touted.

I would like to see some unveiling of QNX Transparent Multi-Processing(qnet), however this might be touched upon. At this point maybe just a slight glimpse.

RIM may make an announcement on their cloud front. I would almost be certain that this will incorporate QNX networking...Just speculating here in the last paragraph.
    BB10FTW likes this.
    02-22-12 04:26 PM
    I believe RIM will tout their development platform....Anyone who has been following this should be aware that RIM has some "game changing" tools in the pipeline. RIM is turning the BB10 NDK and BB10 Web Works platform into a power house. Keep an eye on developments at MWC, as well as progress throughout the year. Be assured some Cascades goodness will be touted.

I would like to see some unveiling of QNX Transparent Multi-Processing(qnet), however this might be touched upon. At this point maybe just a slight glimpse.

RIM may make an announcement on their cloud front. I would almost be certain that this will incorporate QNX networking...Just speculating here in the last paragraph.
    Wow this is far better then what I was expecting. I know it's more speculation then fact (unless you have secret sources) but I would love for this to be discussed, especially QNX Transparent Multi-Processing.
    02-22-12 06:17 PM
    Wow this is far better then what I was expecting. I know it's more speculation then fact (unless you have secret sources) but I would love for this to be discussed, especially QNX Transparent Multi-Processing.
    The only inside sources I have is through research....Most of what I post about comes from forward thinking. I'm not concerned about RIM's past....More so where they are headed.
    Last edited by missing_K-W; 02-22-12 at 06:33 PM.
    02-22-12 06:30 PM
    3g/LTE Playbooks with the bumped 1.5ghz specs, almost final Cascades developers framework, mock up showing a couple BB OS10 things on screens or a dummy phone. Anything more would be silly if they are still planning on shipping in Aug-Nov 2012 timeframe for the phones. It would kill current sales.
    robsteve likes this.
    02-22-12 06:47 PM
    I hope the new playbook has a display to rival iPad3's retina display
    02-22-12 06:53 PM
    PB OS 2.0 is just out of the gates. It's too early for BBOS 10 demos or talk. It would slow BBOS 7 sales.

I agree with you. It will be about apps, apps, apps, Mobile Fusion and PB OS 2.0 development tools to entice developers, TAT demos, and perhaps a hint at PlayBook HSPA / 4G.

02-22-12 08:35 PM
    You will also hear what they are doing with JayCut and NewBay (new services that RIM will bring to PB and BB10)...
    02-22-12 08:46 PM
    You will also hear what they are doing with JayCut and NewBay (new services that RIM will bring to PB and BB10)...
    Awe yes NewBay!.....Really looking forward to what they are bringing to the Berry platform
    02-22-12 08:50 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD