i've been using blackberry since 2009, it was my first smartphone that i owned and i was psyched since then. i used every model of blackberry except for the passport SE, and let me tell you that we were truly lucky for our choice. i wanna tell you that it wasn't about security to me (because blackberry devices aren't that secure after all if the CIA have access to them) it's about the very aesthetics of the phone, how fancy and well made they are, how different, how long they last.. just perfection. blackberry is giving up on us, us means everybody using a blackberry on this planet - they did so because we became rare lol. there is less than 200000 users still active worldwide. they won't keep running the services and servers paying teams to operate and fix them just for our own pleasure (since they don't gain no more money anymore - it's a company, you know..) the bright side is even after the 4th of January 2022, YOU ALL gonna be able to use your blackberry just perfectly, because the servers and services aren't that reliable since a long time ago and we are still enjoying the experience. you don't need blackberry world for sure because it has none to offer, you don't need blackberry protect you just need to protect your blackberry and not lose it, you don't need BIS, you don't need BBID as well to keep using your beloved handheld. you just need to be a stubborn blackberry die hard lol. i'll give you an example: i have a curve that i am not using anymore, it isn't set with any BBID and it has the protect features off and dead already, it has no connections with blackberry all in all, and because i do live in africa it still can make phone calls, send sms, send email, browse the Internet, just perfectly. that proves what? it proves that even after the EOL or D-DAY, you can still be able to use your blackberry devices running on blackberry 10 OS, PERFECTLY. just get rid of blackberry as she dumped us all, delete your BBID, turn off your protect features, and download everything you wanna keep from the store (that if you found any lol) and get ready to enjoy your device for the rest of eternity. phone calls and sms? would only cease functioning in the United States of America, the rest of the world is fine. and notice that the curve I told you about is running on 2G connection still, finely. (in my case because i live in africa it is possible) and for europeans they'll still be able to use their 3G on their older blackberry devices and also on their blackberry 10 devices. so there is none to worry about, just get over the holy services that blackberry offered, because they weren't that reliable after all. and hey, you all are amazing humans just for the fact that you are still fighting to use a blackberry in an android/ios era, you people are truly amazing and special to the core (even if blackberry itself sold our very data to whoever they pleased...) and i wanna tell that i've been sneaking to this forum since forever and i never had an account until today i created one just to thank this forum's veterans, you people solved my problems since 2009 and I never had the chance to truly thank you from the bottom of my heart. one last thing: make sure before the D-DAY to install that blackberry google ID that is still available, you'll be able to use your whatsapp after 4 january freely, and also enjoy the supported play store apps (and so many worked perfectly for me) and hey, do not give up on your blackberry because trust me there isn't a better option. much love to every single one of you, and thank you so much from a blackberry user there somewhere in Africa.
    nevilleadaniels likes this.
    10-03-21 08:48 AM
    Bro use your enter button more, anyone coundn’t read it

I had a Blackberry 9790 two year ago (because my dad doesn’t want my to surf on internet a lot) and there is the things i love.

Qwert keyboard: A gift from the gods, ı wonder why another bands doesnt make products with keyboards for business man/woman. Best way to write a sms (9790 cant access to whatsapp so i use sms, bruh)

Sound chip: As a metalhead i love the soundchip of the device, with good mp3 files (or flacs) you will enjoy your music more than your android drive (if you dont have a very high end device)(i dont speak in apple products, they have the best ones, you can use a ipad air 1 as a guitar amp )

Look and feel: Alpha of the Alphas, coolest of the all, one brand to rule them all (but a band couldn’t make a good marketplace, this is very awkward). When by friends sees my phone they think two things. One side things i am a caveman, second side things this phonelooks so cool.

And if you have a BB10 device you can still surf in internet and messeage from telegram (i didn’t tried, some youtubers says you can), if you dont care about games you will still have a cool look, keyboard and telegram .

If they release the 5g one i will make my dad to buy it to me as a graduation gift . To this day i will send sms’s and listen dream theater in this device..
    10-05-21 03:27 AM
    Welcome

I've been using BB's since 2010 and the Blackberry keyboard is a necessity for me, so I'm still hoping Onward Mobility comes out with a new PKB next year. I'm currently using a KEY2 which is my favorite BlackBerry phone since the Classic.
    10-05-21 04:01 AM
    Still clinging to my Classic although I have a Dtek60 for everything BB10 doesn't do. Often times I leave the house with just my Classic and I feel fine. My only complaint is GPS/Navigation.

I have tried to use the Dtek60 as my driver but I just can't do it. If and/or OM comes out with a new device I will consider it but I know I will always long for BB10.

Unihertz Titan Pocket has gotten my attention recently but at this time I would rather carry two devices. I figure if I switch to Android then I might as well just use the Dtek60 which I have already paid for.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-21 03:38 PM
    Still clinging to my Classic although I have a Dtek60 for everything BB10 doesn't do. Often times I leave the house with just my Classic and I feel fine. My only complaint is GPS/Navigation.

I have tried to use the Dtek60 as my driver but I just can't do it. If and/or OM comes out with a new device I will consider it but I know I will always long for BB10.

Unihertz Titan Pocket has gotten my attention recently but at this time I would rather carry two devices. I figure if I switch to Android then I might as well just use the Dtek60 which I have already paid for.

Posted via CB10
    The DTEK60 is a very underwhelming outdated slab that has essentially zero value today.

If you're gonna type on glass, might as well be up-to-date glass (like a Pixel for example).

Or even better, folding glass. But that breaks the bank more.
    10-07-21 05:42 PM
    The DTEK60 is a very underwhelming outdated slab that has essentially zero value today.

If you're gonna type on glass, might as well be up-to-date glass (like a Pixel for example).

Or even better, folding glass. But that breaks the bank more.
    My favorite pair is z30 for writing on glass and dtek60 for multimedia and photo - it has a great camera a nice screen and is decently fast!
    10-08-21 06:35 AM
    You guys are still using words like "perfect" and "great" to describe some functions in these obsolete BlackBerries.
    You really need to try the many great technologies that come with the current smartphones.

If you love your old devices and won't leave them, this is very fine, but please don't imply that they are still great and perfect compared to what we have today.
    pdr733 likes this.
    10-08-21 08:36 AM
    You guys are still using words like "perfect" and "great" to describe some functions in these obsolete BlackBerries.
    You really need to try the many great technologies that come with the current smartphones.

If you love your old devices and won't leave them, this is very fine, but please don't imply that they are still great and perfect compared to what we have today.
    These discussions are so weird ! It isn't black n white. I guess most of "us guys" also use contemporary phones and appreciate them too. However some qualities don't get worse because new ones come. Honestly, the z30 is, yes, great to write on and I love the cleaness of the dtek60 photos although I also use a p20 pro. I change phones a lot but z30 and dtek60 is "two of a perfect pair" for me.
    bh7171 likes this.
    10-08-21 09:14 AM

You're right for the most part, but there are some things those old devices are still better at. Whether it be the keyboard and the experience it brings over glass, or the notification LED, or the compactness...
    bh7171 likes this.
    10-08-21 10:56 AM
    You're right for the most part, but there are some things those old devices are still better at. Whether it be the keyboard and the experience it brings over glass, or the notification LED, or the compactness...
    There's no "better" experience of PKB over VKB advantage nowadays. If there was, people would have purchased more KEYones and Key2s for that advantage. With each iteration of the VKB from Torch, Z series, PRIV, DTEK and Motion, the BlackBerry SwiftKey combination just kept closing and then overtaking the gap.

The biggest obstacle for the PKB will always be permanently covering part of the screen. Evolution of product components, applications, usage patterns and dependability have dealt the PKB the death of a thousand paper cuts.
    10-08-21 12:03 PM
    There's no "better" experience of PKB over VKB advantage nowadays.
    Yes there is, those arguments made here (beat to death in several threads) are tangible ones.
    Whether or not the general market values those benefits is another issue.

You can argue all day about how modern apps are made for big screens, it's not going to make glass more accurate or enjoyable to type on. Period.
    bh7171 likes this.
    10-08-21 01:56 PM
    Yes there is, those arguments made here (beat to death in several threads) are tangible ones.
    Whether or not the general market values those benefits is another issue.

You can argue all day about how modern apps are made for big screens, it's not going to make glass more accurate or enjoyable to type on. Period.
    With large screens though, it doesn’t make VKBs any less accurate either.
    10-08-21 02:16 PM
    Still rockin the priv and I still love it

Posted via CB10
    10-09-21 05:07 PM
    With large screens though, it doesn’t make VKBs any less accurate either.
    Larger surface area and a good haptic motor surely help the experience, but still doesn't touch a decent PKB. Though I will say it is better than a terrible PKB such as the original Titan.

Again, said horse has been beat to death.
    10-09-21 08:07 PM
    Titan user here. The Keyboard is actually pretty good on this phone. Its not BB good, but its better than my Droid Pro was and I'd say comparable to the Nokia E Series. The stiffness of the keys went away after a few weeks of use, same as most PKB phones.
    10-10-21 02:09 PM

Respectfully, I disagree. I used a KEYone from 2017 to 2020, and an iPhone for the past year. Despite the many, many things they do better, no app on Android or iOS can mat h the Simi city of the Hub and Notifications for email management for multiple accounts on multiple domains.

I'm still incredibly happy with my Z10 for the daily grind of email.

Posted via CB10
    mundo472 and mikael11 like this.
    10-10-21 03:46 PM
    Respectfully, I disagree. I used a KEYone from 2017 to 2020, and an iPhone for the past year. Despite the many, many things they do better, no app on Android or iOS can mat h the Simi city of the Hub and Notifications for email management for multiple accounts on multiple domains.

I'm still incredibly happy with my Z10 for the daily grind of email.

Posted via CB10
    I'm happy for your great experience.
    If the Hub was that great, BlackBerry wouldn't have killed it two years ago.
    10-10-21 03:49 PM
    I think we’re talking about two different things here. The BB10 hub and BBAndroid hub aren’t the same.
    10-10-21 04:19 PM
    The Hub was DOA on Android, IMO. It was gimped from the start by the design and restrictions imposed by the Android OS. The BB10 Hub was at the center of the user experience in a way that only the Home screen is on Android and iOS. As one example, all app notifications were an aged through the Hub instead of the home screen-based r a separate Notifications bar.
    10-10-21 04:52 PM
    The Hub was DOA on Android, IMO. It was gimped from the start by the design and restrictions imposed by the Android OS. The BB10 Hub was at the center of the user experience in a way that only the Home screen is on Android and iOS. As one example, all app notifications were an aged through the Hub instead of the home screen-based r a separate Notifications bar.
    Agreed. It was the partially the Hub that made me buy 2 more BB10 devices after the q10. The one on Android just didnt have the same ease of use or integration. I honestly just used the Gmail app and messaging and disabled the hub on my Key2.
    10-11-21 08:56 PM