I'm sorry, I cannot use WhatsApp for work. It's really bad. BECAUSE - The second point I highlighted in your post - With BBM I can send INSTANT messages. I can ask people to make a MOVE NOW.. and When it goes R. I know the MOVE IS MADE> god.

I don't understand you. Just because YOU don't have anyone to use BBM with.. That automatically makes Whatsapp better? I have 65+ on my BBM and trust me no ones leaving. I have 400 contacts on my Whatsapp because they just practically stole my address book and honestly, I cannot even have an update or status message or a profile picture on WhatsApp without everyone knowing about it. So much for privacy.

We are not talking about what's useful or what's not. We are supposed to give unbiased opinions to the OP and let the OP decide for him/herself.. The unbiased opinion is that BBM is a better communication tool than WhatsApp so please save it.

Some very good points - Choice - Availability of Apps - Full Customization - User preference.

How do you define the validity of choice? Just because you have more than 1 you have choice? Case: You have Android stock keyboard, you have Swiftkey keyboard. Do you really have choice here?

Have you heard of System Utilities? Since when did a Calculator become an App? Or Calendar an App? Or even Email an App? Keep doing some 'app'app'app' and very soon you'll have to download the camera app, the phone dialing app, bluetooth app, sync app, backup app, memory app, app app,, lol most of it already on Android.

Full customization - I'm not interested so I will not discuss this with you. I use stock windows, Stock BB, Stock Android, Stock iOS. My car is also stock.

User preference - If one system really has any user preference - it's BlackBerry. With regards to email, communication, social media and networking.
    You missed my point.

In order to use BBM the recipient must also have BBM.

In 2012, BB has 7 percent marketshare. Therefore the likelihood of finding a recipient who also uses BBM is greatly diminished from when BB reigned supreme.
    Additionally, in my circles, BBM is not utilised for communications beyond the quick message, as I noted.

Stating that something is "better" is a judgement based on a user's opinion, therefore there is a bias. Had it not been a bias data would have been provided, which you did not provide. An opinion is biased based on the person's perceptions. Therefore I won't save anything, but perhaps you might use your own advice, if you would be so kind.

Choice....I will get you a definition. In my usage it's the decision as to what keyboard I use. There are several. Or I could remain stock. I *choose* to remain stock. Oh by the way....there are three stock choices in Jelly Bean....but you knew that, I'm sure. And if I *choose* I can search for others. Really???? are we arguing that there are fewer choices in Android????? REALLY?!?!?!??!

All those apps (yes they are apps, check your BB application manager, please) are stock. As far as the camera, I would kill for an app that could make my 9900 camera's useful.

There are three areas where BB reigns supreme over any other manufacturer: Profiles, Notifications, and BBM. For the consumer market, those areas are not of great importance. The consumer markets's preferences are elsewhere.
    pantlesspenguin and notfanboy like this.
    12-26-12 11:34 AM
    I have a HP Mini with Beats Audio, great portable size and up to 10 hours battery life. Although I did make the mistake of loading W8 on it.
    That's what I wish I had gone with. I love HP, but this thing is huge. I am loving W8 though.
    12-26-12 11:38 AM
    Our new friend is gone . The funny thing is...we're all looking forward to BB10. So why drag us into a crap-clearing debate like this??
    Toodeurep likes this.
    12-26-12 11:40 AM
    I can't say for sure, as I've never used an Android device for any real period of time, but does the SwiftKey for them, keep track of where you habitually hit the key and adjust the field of recognition to accommodate you? For example, if I always hit the "D" a little to the right, the area for that key will shift slightly right to allow for my personal style and gain accuracy in my typing.
    Yes it does. If you're curious, you can even pull up "heatmap" image of where your fingers usually end up on the keyboard.
    12-26-12 11:43 AM
    So basically anyone who spends money on a phone should get a lifetime of free apps? Got it So when BB10 comes out and people have to spend over $600 for half the device.. They too should expect free apps from everyone? No?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    I'm not talking about a lifetime apps for free. Did I say that? In which sentence?

Swiftkey is a keyboard. Means it's a very basic requirement of the OS (one of), so in my opinion, it is wise for Samsung to give it free to us as it's customers.

As what RIM does nowadays.
    12-26-12 11:46 AM
    Our new friend is gone . The funny thing is...we're all looking forward to BB10. So why drag us into a crap-clearing debate like this??
    Must be boring under the bridge....
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    12-26-12 11:47 AM
    BS! It only shows you the heatmap. It does not change the key spacing
    I wonder if this is just plain ignorance, or willful attempt at misinformation.

From the Swiftkey website:

What does My Typing Heatmap show?

The typing heatmap gives users a visual representation of how accurately they type. Each “blob” on the heatmap represents a key on the keyboard. When you begin using SwiftKey, each blob is a perfect circle, representing average accuracy. As you use SwiftKey these blobs become morphed to fit the region that you tend to press when you want to use that key, thereby representing the unique way in which you use your keyboard.

“My typing heatmap” is an insight into how SwiftKey learns from each individual user, tailoring every aspect of its functionality to you. So, the typing heatmap can be seen as your unique way of typing, your profile, your fingerprint. We’ve been having great fun sharing and comparing our heatmaps, so we felt it would be nice to give this to our users as another way of seeing how SwiftKey works
    12-26-12 11:48 AM
    I'm not talking about a lifetime apps for free. Did I say that? In which sentence?

Swiftkey is a keyboard. Means it's a very basic requirement of the OS (one of), so in my opinion, it is wise for Samsung to give it free to us as it's customers.

As what RIM does nowadays.
    But Samsung didn't create the SwiftKey keyboard. The SwiftKey team did. Why should Samsung offer something that belongs to another company for free? RIM is at least licensing the software.
    12-26-12 11:51 AM
    OK that was FUN.....

V

T

OR

A

???????????

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    12-26-12 11:55 AM
    But Samsung didn't create the SwiftKey keyboard. The SwiftKey team did. Why should Samsung offer something that belongs to another company for free? RIM is at least licensing the software.
    Hmmm, you don't get my point. So, you don't want any bonus for spending over USD 700? Think about that.

And I already out of topic by now. Just realize that, hehehe.
    12-26-12 11:57 AM
    I wonder if this is just plain ignorance, or willful attempt at misinformation.

From the Swiftkey website:

What does My Typing Heatmap show?

The typing heatmap gives users a visual representation of how accurately they type. Each “blob” on the heatmap represents a key on the keyboard. When you begin using SwiftKey, each blob is a perfect circle, representing average accuracy. As you use SwiftKey these blobs become morphed to fit the region that you tend to press when you want to use that key, thereby representing the unique way in which you use your keyboard.

“My typing heatmap” is an insight into how SwiftKey learns from each individual user, tailoring every aspect of its functionality to you. So, the typing heatmap can be seen as your unique way of typing, your profile, your fingerprint. We’ve been having great fun sharing and comparing our heatmaps, so we felt it would be nice to give this to our users as another way of seeing how SwiftKey works
    Sounds like a complicated way to do what one can easily do on a physical qwerty what a waste.

I have next to 0 interest on a full touch phone, BB10 included, unless RIM sends me one

When you're sitting down after a big meal on boxing day and your niece falls asleep on your right arm I am extremely glad of the physical qwerty.

My arm is half asleep and I'm typing this with very little effort.
    Attached Thumbnails In what ways could BB10 compete with Note 2?-img-20121226-00037.jpg  
    12-26-12 12:02 PM
    Hmmm, you don't get my point. So, you don't want any bonus for spending over USD 700? Think about that.

I think you don't get mine either. No, I don't expect one company to give me their product free because I spent $700 on another company's product. It would be like expecting Alpine to give me a free car stereo just because I just bought a new Subaru Forester.
    12-26-12 12:03 PM

You're still not making any sense? Did Samsung force you to pay $700 for their phone? Did they offer you free apps of your choosing to entice you to buy? Do you honestly think RIM will be offering the most popular app they don't make for free just because you buy their phone?

Samsung doesn't own Swiftkey, nor do they license it. So why on earth should they give it to you for free.. When it has absolutely NOTHING to do with them?

And besides.. You can get pretty much ALL the functions from Swiftkey for free already.. So why are we having this conversation?

pantlesspenguin and Roo Zilla like this.
    12-26-12 12:04 PM
    Sounds like a complicated way to do what one can easily do on a physical qwerty what a waste.

I have next to 0 interest on a full touch phone, BB10 included, unless RIM sends me one

When you're sitting down after a big meal on boxing day and your niece falls asleep on your right arm I am extremely glad of the physical qwerty.

You just wanted to show off your cute neice. Not a fair comparison :P.
    Toodeurep likes this.
    12-26-12 12:05 PM

Of course people would like maximum value from their purchase. But what are the chances that RIM or Samsung or Apple would make the best implementation of everything, that they could account for the varied and often conflicting needs of the users?

That's why I like the option of paying for the best, or the thing that suits my needs the most. This is advantage of an open platform. Just take a look at any of the " wish list" threads on this site. People are clamoring for customization and for choice.
    12-26-12 12:11 PM

Yes, you should get a bonus. In Korea you got a free Samsung key fob at certain locations.
    12-26-12 12:11 PM
    You just wanted to show off your cute neice. Not a fair comparison :P.
    That's true
    Toodeurep likes this.
    12-26-12 12:13 PM

I'm posting this while balancing a penguin on my head and taking a drink. I also uploaded this to photobucket and linked it to this post. All with one hand.

howarmat, Drew808 and Goint like this.
    12-26-12 12:14 PM
    I'm posting this while balancing a penguin on my head and taking a drink. I also uploaded this to photobucket and linked it to this post. All with one hand.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r...226_120904.jpg
    If you weren't drinking... you could just talk to it. I almost never type stuff on my phone anymore.
    12-26-12 12:16 PM
    Of course people would like maximum value from their purchase. But what are the chances that RIM or Samsung or Apple would make the best implementation of everything, that they could account for the varied and often conflicting needs of the users?

That's why I like the option of paying for the best, or the thing that suits my needs the most. This is advantage of an open platform. Just take a look at any of the " wish list" threads on this site. People are clamoring for customization and for choice.
    RIM has always provided far more apps(made by RIM) and services out of the box at no extra cost: Social Networks, Instant Messengers, BB Maps, Travel, Protect, Social Feeds, Password Keeper, Memos, Tasks, BB News and so on, no extra cost.
    12-26-12 12:19 PM
    If you weren't drinking... you could just talk to it. I almost never type stuff on my phone anymore.
    I can type a lot faster than I can formulate a thought. Like if I'm speaking to my phone and I decide to reword something it takes longer to delete what I need than it is when I'm just typing unless there are some settings I don't know about. Besides, I'm at work and I would've looked really silly talking to my phone if someone had walked into the restroom. Wait...
    kbz1960 and Toodeurep like this.
    12-26-12 12:22 PM
    RIM has always provided far more apps(made by RIM) and services out of the box at no extra cost: Social Networks, Instant Messengers, BB Maps, Travel, Protect, Social Feeds, Password Keeper, Memos, Tasks, BB News and so on, no extra cost.
    Samsung also offers a lot of native Apps and services like the ones you mention. However.. Just as in RIMS case, native isn't always the best.

pantlesspenguin and notfanboy like this.
    12-26-12 12:23 PM
    This is true and something I'm looking forward to for BB10. However, Samsung is coming up with a lot of their own products now as well, in addition to all the Google products. One of the dealbreakers for me with BB10 might be their turn by turn GPS. The native Google Nav is flawless, and I like it loads better than the current BB Traffic. We'll see how it works with the Tom Tom software.
    12-26-12 12:25 PM
    Samsung also offers a lot of native Apps and services like the ones you mention. However.. Just as in RIMS case, native isn't always the best.

I think you and I are sharing a brain cell or two today.
    12-26-12 12:26 PM
    I think you don't get mine either. No, I don't expect one company to give me their product free because I spent $700 on another company's product. It would be like expecting Alpine to give me a free car stereo just because I just bought a new Subaru Forester.
    They can give u some redeem card for example. Nokia did this, HTC ever did this before, at my country.
    12-26-12 12:29 PM
242 ... 56789 ...