PS, why do people think you can't do things with current blackberry's? I remember booking my return Eurotunel ticket in 2009 from my 8320 in Austria sitting on my bike outside a McDonalds (with one hand btw) while listening to music from it and while it kept sending my location every 30 minutes back home, connected via bluetooth to a Nokia gps receiver.

Yet now a 9900 is not good enough anymore with its "useless " browser and no apps. Please.
    I can make my 10 year old Pentium 3 computer do everything my current MacBook does. It doesn't mean it's just as good.
    12-26-12 05:40 AM
    I can make my 10 year old Pentium 3 computer do everything my current MacBook does. It doesn't mean it's just as good.
    THAT is the issue, isn't it?

And funny that you would quote that piece.....bringing up a 2009 BB 8320. The browser on my 8310 was barely serviceable, which is the reason I ended up getting Bolt and Opera Mini. And apps were nearly nonexistent. If one is talking about the confirmation email, sure, anyone can see that.
    In 2009 Android was in its infancy and iPhone was taking off. I remember the difference in browser between my 3GS and my 8310 and then 9000. Light years apart. Even the 9700 browser could not compare with the 3GS.
    Please.

When all other criticisms fail, all one is left is size. With my small hands, I can work my SGIII one handed. With acrylic nails, even. Taking a picture??? No big deal. What IS a big deal is trying to video yourself typing, trying to keep the BB on one hand focused while on the SGIII...I just found out that I can't walk and chew gum at the same time, but I can type perfectly fine on my SGIII single handedly.

If I can manage an SGIII with my small hands, a normal person with normal hands can handle a Note.

And again, it's funny that when all other arguments fail, the only thing left is to criticize size.

Like I said, it would be interesting to see the comments when the Aristo comes out. It should completely flop around these parts with those so concerned about size.
    Last edited by qbnkelt; 12-26-12 at 07:29 AM.
    pantlesspenguin and Drew808 like this.
    12-26-12 06:37 AM
    True but do you ever say it can't do it? To me it sounds like people just say that to justify their new smartphone.

How many times do we have to hear about the "obsolete" os7 browser that can't do anything?

I used to do quite a lot with the 8320 browser.
    12-26-12 06:39 AM
    OP - wait for the BB10 devices.

Test the Z10 against the Note 2 *yourself.* Depending on your carrier there may or may not be a restocking fee and I don't know about your return policy.

The information you get from others means nothing to your personal usage, only you can determine what works for you.
    12-26-12 06:40 AM
    In what ways could BB10 compete with Note 2? I'm trying to weigh out the pros and cons of each device (from what we've seen so far from BB), but they both just seem great. I want both but unfortunately can only pick one.
    really easy BB10 vs Note 2

For BB10
    1. Ease of use - faster in doing things on the device, eg, hub, active frames, screen sliding, gestures
    2. Better hardware - build quality, cameras, screen, speaker, glass, microusb, standard hdmi (better than n2)
    3. Smaller form factor - Intended for single hand usage
    4. Best for communication (email, SM, chat, conference, networking)
    5. Smart technology - Web standards, QNX
    6. Secured & certified - fips (no antennaegate, wifi, note 2 system crashes, no hacking)
    7. Business/professional oriented
    8. Maximum native applications now also integrated with best in class performance - Protect, Traffic, Wallet, Travel, calendar, contacts, notes, bridge, docs, fb, tw, bbm, browser
    9. Best in class keyboard - onscreen and physical options
    10. It's a BlackBerry!

BB10 cons:
    1. New operating system / unknown response
    2. Limited screen size for browsing, multimedia
    3 Smaller app store (arguable depending on req.)
    4. Available only in Feb
    5. Cannot run side-by-side apps
    6. BB10 only on mobile devices as of now.

For Note 2
    1. Larger screen for browsing, multimedia
    2. Packed with features - window multitasking, customizations, 3rd party support for keyboards, etc.
    3. Tab substitute
    4. Google integrated services with first-served to android basis
    5. Stylus - easy to use, gloves problem, signing, marking
    6. Millions of applications
    7. Variety of options, like options in browser, file managers, media players, etc. etc.

Cons Note 2
    1. Same as any Android 4 version
    2. Slight smaller (4.8in) but better hardware Android phones available
    3. Usually preferred as second device
    4. Larger size makes activities very slow.. Like facebook, twitter, etc. look unnaturally large and cumbersome
    5. Very distracting OS (always disturbed by option, feature or notification, bombed with information all the time)
    6. Application and OS performance is questionable. Lag, bugs, jitters are very common even though on dual/quad core

Personally.. I would get a note2 as my second phone and thats what I suggest to everyone. main would be bb10.. You need to think logically for this.. most of the features on note2 are going to be used only 30% of your time with the phone. Rest 70% BlackBerry does it better.. So do you want a phone to keep you happy throughout the day or just for those special moments when you can S-beam something?

I will be getting a BB10, got a playbook already.. Need a BB10 5.5 in for office work. Waiting!
    12-26-12 07:48 AM
    THAT is the issue, isn't it?

And funny that you would quote that piece.....bringing up a 2009 BB 8320. The browser on my 8310 was barely serviceable, which is the reason I ended up getting Bolt and Opera Mini. And apps were nearly nonexistent. If one is talking about the confirmation email, sure, anyone can see that.
    In 2009 Android was in its infancy and iPhone was taking off. I remember the difference in browser between my 3GS and my 8310 and then 9000. Light years apart. Even the 9700 browser could not compare with the 3GS.
    Please.

When all other criticisms fail, all one is left is size. With my small hands, I can work my SGIII one handed. With acrylic nails, even. Taking a picture??? No big deal. What IS a big deal is trying to video yourself typing, trying to keep the BB on one hand focused while on the SGIII...I just found out that I can't walk and chew gum at the same time, but I can type perfectly fine on my SGIII single handedly.

If I can manage an SGIII with my small hands, a normal person with normal hands can handle a Note.

And again, it's funny that when all other arguments fail, the only thing left is to criticize size.

Like I said, it would be interesting to see the comments when the Aristo comes out. It should completely flop around these parts with those so concerned about size.
    1. The thread is about the Note, not SG3
    2. Do you have any idea how uncomfortable you look typing in that video?
    3. I bet you used both hands to position the phone in your right hand first before typing.
    4. Try that walking down the street with a busy left hand and your phone will hit the floor in under 10 seconds out of your right hand, you basically have no support for it on the left side, one flick and your phone is off.
    5. Using a phone doesn't mean typing, you have no chance reaching the top of the phone with your thumb the way you hold it, you barely reach the top of the keyboard.

Yes, size matters to a lot of people, is that so unbelievable?
    12-26-12 07:51 AM
    When all other criticisms fail, all one is left is size. With my small hands, I can work my SGIII one handed. With acrylic nails, even. Taking a picture??? No big deal. What IS a big deal is trying to video yourself typing, trying to keep the BB on one hand focused while on the SGIII...I just found out that I can't walk and chew gum at the same time, but I can type perfectly fine on my SGIII single handedly.[/url]

3. I bet you used both hands to position the phone in your right hand first before typing.
    4. Try that walking down the street with a busy left hand and your phone will hit the floor in under 10 seconds out of your right hand, you basically have no support for it on the left side, one flick and your phone is off.
    5. Using a phone doesn't mean typing, you have no chance reaching the top of the phone with your thumb the way you hold it, you barely reach the top of the keyboard.

I watched the YouTube video.. What's important is that, qbnkelt has typed with one hand but she never grips the phone. the back is always resting on the finger tips.. So it can just tip over.. or even get knocked out of the hand at the airport maybe? in bus..

I guess.. This is common in here with all Android and iOS posters.. They always get excited with ' Yes we can do it' but not care about HOW it's done...
    12-26-12 07:56 AM
    here is the thing....it is difficult to type and do my own video
    I routinely type singlehandedly under normal circumstances and haven't dropped the phone either on the bus, Metro, elevator, store....anywhere.
    notice also it's in a Pt case so it's protected
    a normal person with normal sized hands can manage a note just fine
    12-26-12 08:03 AM
    here is the thing....it is difficult to type and do my own video
    I routinely type singlehandedly under normal circumstances and haven't dropped the phone either on the bus, Metro, elevator, store....anywhere.
    notice also it's in a Pt case so it's protected
    My bro uses an S3.. I've seen how it's used. He almost throwing his phone around in his hand to reach ends..
    12-26-12 08:07 AM
    My bro uses an S3.. I've seen how it's used. He almost throwing his phone around in his hand to reach ends..
    Not my experience at all. I can't even reach a full octave on a piano yet I work my SGIII single handed with no problem. Unfortunately I simply can't manage a BB taking a video on the left hand and typing on the right. That takes coordination that apparently I just haven't got. But I do it routinely with no problem whatsoever.
    The only time I have trouble is right when I wake up and I reach for it in bed. I miss typing my password the first time almost every single time.

But regarding the Note...

12-26-12 08:12 AM
    Is your bro this guy?

ETA: I agree that it really will be interesting to see what the naysayers here will be doing once the Aristo comes out. That personally sounds like my dream device, and I'm sure as he|| I'll be productive on it.
    Last edited by pantlesspenguin; 12-26-12 at 08:28 AM.
    12-26-12 08:12 AM
    Not my experience at all. I can't even reach a full octave on a piano yet I work my SGIII single handed with no problem. Unfortunately I simply can't manage a BB taking a video on the left hand and typing on the right. That takes coordination that apparently I just haven't got. But I do it routinely with no problem whatsoever.
    The only time I have trouble is right when I wake up and I reach for it in bed. I miss typing my password the first time almost every single time.

But regarding the Note...

Looks impossible to use with one hand only, sure that feature helps with single hand typing to a certain extent, but it looks impossible to use, you literally can't reach the top with one hand.

I've literally sent thousands of messages with one of my kids in my left arm, you have no chance of ever doing that with the note. I've even sent messages and took pictures while helming dragon boats lol, no chance in **** ever doing that with a Note, that's why size matters.

Edit- Even Apple gets it with the way thei built the iphone 5.
    12-26-12 08:26 AM
    Width difference between my work 9900 and my SGIII. Not at all sigificant for it to make a difference to me...
    The real difference is the height.

And again, to a *normal* size person a Note would not be a big deal. I'm barely 5'00" with tiny hands. I wear a size 5 1/2 shoe.

***excuse the terrible photo quality***

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails In what ways could BB10 compete with Note 2?-uploadfromtaptalk1356531983589.jpg  
    12-26-12 08:30 AM
    Is your bro this guy?

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r...tiny_hands.jpg

ETA: I agree that it really will be interesting to see what the naysayers here will be doing once the Aristo comes out. That personally sounds like my dream device, and I'm sure as he|| I'll be productive on it.
    I know....I can't wait for that. Suddenly the Aristo will be the saviour of humanity and everyone will be in love with it and suddenly there will be something else to complain about....

Personally, I skipped the iPhone 5 and when my June upgrade comes around I'll have one heck of a time deciding between the SGIV and the Note 3.

Can't wait to see the width difference between the SGIII and the Z10....THAT should be a hoot....can't wait to hear the rationalisations then....
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    12-26-12 08:37 AM
    I got a Galaxy Note II a week ago. I was torn between waiting for BB10, and the Note II. The only reason I went with the Note II was Google calendar. I use multiple Google calendars (work, personal, family, etc.) and since BlackBerry stopped support for Google sync I've had to use the browser. I believe I'm going to take the Note II back tomorrow as I can't get used to the size. I love the features, but the phone size... I really don't dislike anything about the Note II, however I'm going to wait for the BB10 launch before I make up my mind.
    Off topic, but does anyone know how to sync multiple Google calendars with a BlackBerry? This is the ONLY reason that I'm considering switching to Android. Even if it's through Outlook, that's fine.
    12-26-12 08:46 AM
    I know....I can't wait for that. Suddenly the Aristo will be the saviour of humanity and everyone will be in love with it and suddenly there will be something else to complain about....

Personally, I skipped the iPhone 5 and when my June upgrade comes around I'll have one heck of a time deciding between the SGIV and the Note 3.

Can't wait to see the width difference between the SGIII and the Z10....THAT should be a hoot....can't wait to hear the rationalisations then....
    Again, the thread is about the Note not SG3.
    12-26-12 08:49 AM
    Thanks for your responses, I got an n2 atm, got 5 hours decide to keep or not. I like it but I'm iffy being a 6-7 year bb user. My Torch has converted to using a PAYG sim. I have another upgrade in March on my iPhone 4... I don't see 5 being upgrade worthy. If I do give it back, I may consider getting the keyboard version. I love touch screens, I'm the only person I know who liked the Storm series, but keyboards are superior for long messages. Oh, and I can shoot out so many tweets when my mentions get busy. I do like the openness of Android. Don't really have that with BB, and iOS is so restricted (I don't jailbreak). I can one handedly use the n2, but yeah I can see what you guys mean. Ive been on sites like YouTube non stop since getting this.
    12-26-12 08:49 AM
    Again, the thread is about the Note not SG3.
    Again, I'm pretty sure she's comparing the size of the SGS3 in relation to us midgets as roughly the same as the Note in relation to a normal sized person. For me personally, the Note is too big. I'd rather have a SGS3-sized phone, and a larger tablet than one device that's too big for one and too small for the other.
    12-26-12 09:00 AM
    Thanks for your responses, I got an n2 atm, got 5 hours decide to keep or not. I like it but I'm iffy being a 6-7 year bb user. My Torch has converted to using a PAYG sim. I have another upgrade in March on my iPhone 4... I don't see 5 being upgrade worthy. If I do give it back, I may consider getting the keyboard version. I love touch screens, I'm the only person I know who liked the Storm series, but keyboards are superior for long messages. Oh, and I can shoot out so many tweets when my mentions get busy. I do like the openness of Android. Don't really have that with BB, and iOS is so restricted (I don't jailbreak). I can one handedly use the n2, but yeah I can see what you guys mean. Ive been on sites like YouTube non stop since getting this.
    I kept my 3GS for 29 days before returning it. I don't think you can take that long anymore.
    Agree on the iP5...I skipped it completely. My 4S works beautifully on OS6 and I don't want to have to purchase adapters for my docks.

and careful on your data usage while on the Note 2....all that awesome media comes at a price!!!! That said, I am completely enjoying my SGIII....it's my primary device now. I AM considering the Note 3....especially if it comes in bad girl red....
    12-26-12 09:06 AM
    Again, I'm pretty sure she's comparing the size of the SGS3 in relation to us midgets as roughly the same as the Note in relation to a normal sized person. For me personally, the Note is too big. I'd rather have a SGS3-sized phone, and a larger tablet than one device that's too big for one and too small for the other.
    Funny how you could discern that......
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    12-26-12 09:07 AM

I'm sure size does matter, thus the success of the Note line of phones. Is THAT so hard to understand? As for one handed use.. The phone can be easily set up for one handed use thru apps and custom launchers (all available for stock phones). I can open my notification bar with one downward swipe anywhere on my screen, so that I don't need to reach the top of the device. And texting one handed has never been easier with Swiftkey Flow or Swype.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    12-26-12 09:08 AM
    I'm sure size does matter, thus the success of the Note line of phones. Is THAT so hard to understand? As for one handed use.. The phone can be easily set up for one handed use thru apps and custom launchers (all available for stock phones). I can open my notification bar with one downward swipe anywhere on my screen, so that I don't need to reach the top of the device. And texting one handed has never been easier with Swiftkey Flow or Swype.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Bit of a no brainer there.....unless you dig in your heels to a concept and stay with it in defiance of all logic....

aaawww jeeezzzz.....I just saw number 3.....REALLY?!?!?!?!

Please.....seriously....

Back onto the Note.....

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-575...d-in-2-months/

A couple of million peeps in a couple of months don't mind the size....
    Last edited by qbnkelt; 12-26-12 at 09:30 AM.
    12-26-12 09:11 AM
    I got the Note 2 and have 1 more day to decide to keep it or not. It's a great phone, and I've had my Torch on PAYG with no credit, just for BBM and emailing. I have no problems with the Note 2, but I've been a BB user for 6-7 years and I'm used to it being my main phone. I dunno, I like this phone and like the look of BB10 devices. My iPhone I dunno what I'll do with once it's contract expires. iOS is good, but there isnt a huge difference between iPhone 4 and 5. Incremental updates right?
    I've been worried about the size too but all my friends who have the S3 wished they had gotten the Note2 cause of the screen size. I don't care much about one hand typing cause my fingers can only stretch across my 9900 keyboard. Either way I always need 2 hands to type.

During your switch to the N2, is there anything which you dislike about it? Is it easy to multitask?

My main point is that I don't wanna jump to android and end up seeing BB10 having what I need (skype and whatsapp) cause I'll stab myself if that happens. Moreover, all bb are tied to BIS, and I can't change my phone plans for the next 2 years once I get the new contract...
    12-26-12 09:13 AM
    and careful on your data usage while on the Note 2....all that awesome media comes at a price!!!! That said, I am completely enjoying my SGIII....it's my primary device now. I AM considering the Note 3....especially if it comes in bad girl red....
    I've gotten the *best* thing ever. I have a portable wifi hotspot. I got rid of my internet connection at home and use that as my primary connection. I don't take it out with me all the time, like when I know I'll be busy doing other things and not using much data. But it's AWESOME on vacation.
    12-26-12 09:13 AM
    I've been worried about the size too but all my friends who have the S3 wished they had gotten the Note2 cause of the screen size. I don't care much about one hand typing cause my fingers can only stretch across my 9900 keyboard. Either way I always need 2 hands to type.

During your switch to the N2, is there anything which you dislike about it? Is it easy to multitask?

My main point is that I don't wanna jump to android and end up seeing BB10 having what I need (skype and whatsapp) cause I'll stab myself if that happens. Moreover, all bb are tied to BIS, and I can't change my phone plans for the next 2 years once I get the new contract...
    Wait.....WAIT.....don't move, if you're on the fence.

As I said to the OP, test the device yourself.
    12-26-12 09:17 AM
242 ... 23456 ...