I'm trying to weigh out the pros and cons of each device (from what we've seen so far from BB), but they both just seem great. I want both but unfortunately can only pick one.
    12-10-12 08:12 AM
    Do you love netflix or do you love a killer keyboard with words on each key
    12-10-12 08:27 AM
    I actually don't use Netflix, despite having 2 months free. I have other apps n such to watch things on, but I may get it. I do watch a lot of videos and stuff on my current iPhone 4 also. I do like keyboards haha, I'm always Facebooking, Tweeting, BBMing, Emailing daily. I take lots of pics and use Instagram too.
    12-10-12 08:37 AM
    Despite being an interesting device, the question I've always had in my head when seeing a Note (be it the Note 1 or Note 2)....

Do you prefer a phone, or a MASSIVE device that looks stupid when you hold it to your ear?

Si.
    12-10-12 08:38 AM
    I'm trying to weigh out the pros and cons of each device (from what we've seen so far from BB), but they both just seem great. I want both but unfortunately can only pick one.
    It can compete by not being a brick that make you look dumb when you're talking on it, haha
    12-10-12 08:40 AM
    The BlackBerry PlayBook needs smartphone dialing capability and speakerphone capability when connected to a BlackBerry smartphone via BlackBerry Bridge. If the BlackBerry PlayBook eventually combines smartphone and tablet features and thereby eliminates the need for a separate smartphone, the tablet would definitely need to provide hands-free capability via Bluetooth earpiece when acting as a smartphone and the earpiece must allow call connect, call disconnect, and mute.
    12-10-12 08:47 AM
    Haha, I've seen people talk on it. It doesn't look that bad, unless you're a really small person.
    12-10-12 09:04 AM
    Haha maybe that was it. I just remember this lady talking on hers at the train station and it was quite humorous. Even my android buddy was laughing. Then again, talking is the last thing I do on my phone
    12-10-12 09:09 AM
    The Note was great when I used it for a month in Korea. The obvious benefit of the Note is it's massive screen. If your most common activities on a smartphone use the screen, tasks such as browsing, reading, video, etc.,etc., it's a great device. The S-Pen thing is also pretty cool for quick notes. I can only assume the Note 2 is even better than its predecessor. Another benefit of the Note 2 is that it's available now. Whether you want to wait for a BB10 phone that is potentially better, that's up to you. All I can say is, you really can't go wrong with the Note 2, it's really a great device. I personally wouldn't opt for it, but that's because I found it difficult to carry in my pants pocket, and really, that's the only reason.

As to whether it looks ridiculous to hold it up to your head to talk.... not really. It's really no bigger than an old fashioned landline phone, albeit a bit wider. If your conscious about it, get an headset.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    12-10-12 09:11 AM
    Women with this phone just looks hilarious. I'm involved with media and gaming, so I've seen quite a few people walking around with the Samsungs. I think they have them to take pictures, record hyped up moments.
    12-10-12 09:14 AM
    Women with this phone just looks hilarious. I'm involved with media and gaming, so I've seen quite a few people walking around with the Samsungs. I think they have them to take pictures, record hyped up moments.
    While I Korea, I saw a LOT of women with Notes. At first it looked weird, after a bit I got used to it I think, and didn't think anything of it. The big screen is great. You don't have to bring it up to your face to read stuff. So weird as it might look holding for a phone call, it looks a lot less weird when reading because you don't hold it so close to your face.
    12-10-12 09:20 AM
    Yeah, the screen size isn't a problem for me. It works out better most of the time for me, except maybe sometimes at work. The downside of a big screen is a nosy fawk looking over your shoulder to see what you're doing.
    12-10-12 09:42 AM
    I actually don't use Netflix, despite having 2 months free. I have other apps n such to watch things on, but I may get it. I do watch a lot of videos and stuff on my current iPhone 4 also. I do like keyboards haha, I'm always Facebooking, Tweeting, BBMing, Emailing daily. I take lots of pics and use Instagram too.
    If you love BBMing daily i dont suggest a samsung lol
    12-10-12 09:43 AM
    While I Korea, I saw a LOT of women with Notes. At first it looked weird, after a bit I got used to it I think, and didn't think anything of it. The big screen is great. You don't have to bring it up to your face to read stuff. So weird as it might look holding for a phone call, it looks a lot less weird when reading because you don't hold it so close to your face.

+1. The girls in singapore all had them too
    12-10-12 09:43 AM
    Ladies are more likely to carry a purse so the size of the Note isn't a problem for them.

I carry my devices in my pocket, and this places an upper limit on my choice of phone and the Note is over that limit.
    12-10-12 09:50 AM
    If you love BBMing daily i dont suggest a samsung lol
    That's one of my problems haha. Unless I stick a pay as you go sim in my Torch. It feels like I'm having withdrawal symptoms when I don't have BBM. Even if I don't use it.
    12-10-12 09:57 AM
    The real advantage is QNX. Real multitasking not a bunch on things on the front screen at one time. I switched away from phablets because even at that size their screens are still too restrictive for web viewing. I don't like having to scroll around a screen in order to navigate a web page. The 7" devices are far better suited for this.
    12-10-12 09:58 AM
    That's one of my problems haha. Unless I stick a pay as you go sim in my Torch. It feels like I'm having withdrawal symptoms when I don't have BBM. Even if I don't use it.
    Bbm voice is out now too. Free calling on wifi to any other blackberry on wifi
    12-10-12 10:01 AM
    Ladies are more likely to carry a purse so the size of the Note isn't a problem for them.

I carry my devices in my pocket, and this places an upper limit on my choice of phone and the Note is over that limit.
    If i was a woman and had a purse i would much rather tote a playbook and a blackberry phone then a samsung note. Yes its two devices
    kbz1960 and pkcable like this.
    12-10-12 10:02 AM
    Despite being an interesting device, the question I've always had in my head when seeing a Note (be it the Note 1 or Note 2)....

Do you prefer a phone, or a MASSIVE device that looks stupid when you hold it to your ear?

Si.
    Where I live, most people use BT headsets. More convenient to keep hands free for other things, better noise cancellation, and (if you pay attention to such things) BT has lower power and a different freq range which means much lower cancer potential. So, you won't see all that many holding their phone up their ear. Some may consider that too 20th century, too.
    12-10-12 10:16 AM
    I don't use my headset that much, mainly cause 90% I'm listening to music on my phone with headphones. Anyway, if someone laughed at me for talking on the phone, I'll slap them with it, it's big enough!

I've actually never experienced using an Android OS before so it would all be new to me. I only currently have a Torch, iPhone 4, and a dust collect... Storm 2.
    12-10-12 10:25 AM
    I tend to use speaker when taking calls, which isn't that often. Plus, I'm too old to care how I look when talking on the phone. So that wouldn't be an issue for me. But pocketability is an issue. I think the Samsung GS3 is about as large as I'm willing to go. If for some reason I decide that BB10 isn't going to work out (which I don't expect), I'll probably get a GS3 and move on.
    12-10-12 10:35 AM
    I don't use my headset that much, mainly cause 90% I'm listening to music on my phone with headphones. Anyway, if someone laughed at me for talking on the phone, I'll slap them with it, it's big enough!

I've actually never experienced using an Android OS before so it would all be new to me. I only currently have a Torch, iPhone 4, and a dust collect... Storm 2.
    Bluetooth headphones work great for music. And they double as a bluetooth headset. I think the one I have is the motorola sd10 or something. Recommend it.
    12-10-12 10:36 AM
    It can compete by not being a brick that make you look dumb when you're talking on it, haha
    I talk less than 10 minutes per month so I wouldn't look stupid too often. I'm more of a data hog.
    12-10-12 11:33 AM
    Do you love netflix or do you love a killer keyboard with words on each key
    Netflix is internet based, so it can be use via the browers with BB10 devices. An app is just for a different UI.
    12-10-12 01:28 PM
242 123 ...