I am from Canada, specifically from Kitchener, which is right beside Waterloo for those who don't know the exact geography, and I go to uWaterloo so I literally walk past RIM everyday on campus. Where I'm from if something happens with RIM or BlackBerry, I know it and most others do to I find. And with all the PR going on lately, things are pretty positive I am finding. I am wondering what others are noticing outside of Waterloo Region, or Canada? On a couple posts I have read recently I have heard things like, "if its a BlackBerry I'm not touching it, they are dead and their phones suck". Is all this PR impacting people across north america? Does the general smartphone user know that BB10 is indeed coming and it is a whole new OS, not just an upgrade?
    Has anyone noticed from where they are from what the tone is like recently?
    11-27-12 02:19 PM
    In the US, Blackberry is considered dead by the masses. You hardly see them these days. Only people you care about Blackberry/phones/tech in general know about BB10
    11-27-12 02:52 PM
    It's still a popular brand in Asia (India, Indonesia, etc.), Africa (Nigeria), and possibly the Middle East and to a lesser extent Europe as well. The US...not so much.
    11-27-12 05:07 PM
    BlackBerry is almost a forgotten brand in Toronto. You still see people using them but every day there's someone saying goodbye I've switched to iphone or, more commonly, Android and the S3. Also several switching from the iphone 4s to the Samsung Galaxy S III. I know plenty of people looking to upgrade their phone but the sad truth is BlackBerry isn't even on their radar. And when you ask them if they plan to consider it you get a blank look.
    So maybe it's positive in Kitchener/Waterloo but not so much elsewhere.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    11-27-12 05:25 PM
    Im from waterloo, canada. Right now in germany. Over here the comments i get are "that tablet is blackberry i thought they were bankrupt?" and my favorite, "i thought android was buying blackberry"
    11-27-12 05:38 PM
    I am from Canada, specifically from Kitchener, which is right beside Waterloo for those who don't know the exact geography, and I go to uWaterloo so I literally walk past RIM everyday on campus. Where I'm from if something happens with RIM or BlackBerry, I know it and most others do to I find. And with all the PR going on lately, things are pretty positive I am finding. I am wondering what others are noticing outside of Waterloo Region, or Canada? On a couple posts I have read recently I have heard things like, "if its a BlackBerry I'm not touching it, they are dead and their phones suck". Is all this PR impacting people across north america? Does the general smartphone user know that BB10 is indeed coming and it is a whole new OS, not just an upgrade?
    Even if you go to fairview mall i find they are clueless at the cellulsr stores. The guy at the rogers store told me rim was coming out with a phone running android
    11-27-12 05:40 PM
    Detroit here, for all intents and purposes everyone thinks RIM will die in a matter of months
    11-27-12 05:44 PM
    Im in Downtown Toronto and I still see people using blackberrys, but less and less everyday. My BBM contact list is evaporating quickly.
    11-27-12 06:38 PM
    Only dogs can hear it.

(Philly)
    11-27-12 06:56 PM
    East London.

BB's are still popular especially the young school,college,uni,social folk.If you get on a bus with loads of kids you will see plenty BB's.Yesterday on the train had a elder group I'd say reaching the 40's 2 ladys 1 had new nokia,other lady had iphone a guy had a bb checked his calender ,checked email than whipped out an iphone bose headphones and listened to music but kept checking his BB.

BB is still a popular phone here people have them .The galaxy however does'nt get much of a showing I've actually only started seeing a few users on train general transport.When Im out and about partying when social exchanges happen number/pin.Usual trend is BB in one hand iphone in the other this is frequent reoccurance its actually a trend. I have asked many why 2 phones the guys say BB aint enough internet,app game is weak everything else solid.Chicks say poor internet and apps love the keyboard,BBM,email.General consensus is BB does'nt do enough Im pretty certain when BB10 drops and word gets around Iphone will be seen as uneeded expense.
    11-27-12 07:23 PM
    I'm in the US....not many bb users. People are talking about BB10 in work. So far, 1 android user and 1 iphone user in my office are planning on upgrading to BB10....both used BB in the past.
    11-27-12 07:55 PM
    West London here. We love them. Sure there is plenty of iPhones around but BB is still going strong. BB was number one smartphone last year and now sits at about 18% market share in the UK. The youngsters love bb's for BBM, and older generations like them for reliability.
    11-27-12 08:05 PM
    East London.

BB's are still popular especially the young school,college,uni,social folk.If you get on a bus with loads of kids you will see plenty BB's.Yesterday on the train had a elder group I'd say reaching the 40's 2 ladys 1 had new nokia,other lady had iphone a guy had a bb checked his calender ,checked email than whipped out an iphone bose headphones and listened to music but kept checking his BB.

BB is still a popular phone here people have them .The galaxy however does'nt get much of a showing I've actually only started seeing a few users on train general transport.When Im out and about partying when social exchanges happen number/pin.Usual trend is BB in one hand iphone in the other this is frequent reoccurance its actually a trend. I have asked many why 2 phones the guys say BB aint enough internet,app game is weak everything else solid.Chicks say poor internet and apps love the keyboard,BBM,email.General consensus is BB does'nt do enough Im pretty certain when BB10 drops and word gets around Iphone will be seen as uneeded expense.
    Couldn't agree more on the double phone trend. BB for work, iPhone for play.
    11-27-12 08:07 PM
    I'm. In eastern Pennsylvania. When people ask what kind of phone i have i hear....BlackBerry is out of business and then i show them my PlayBook and they say wow that is cool.
    11-27-12 08:54 PM
    Detroit here, for all intents and purposes everyone thinks RIM will die in a matter of months
    That's crazy when you consider the financial situation of 'the big three' off and on for the last few years that they have this assessment of a company with no debt ...
    11-27-12 08:57 PM
    Some professionals I know love BlackBerry because of the email. There main complaint is that opening apps and browsing the web is extremely slow. Only one out of several knew about BB10. And the one person that knew had no clue about the features. But when I told most of them about BB10 they first disregarded it until I further described BB10, then they were interested. Also most of the phones were provided by their work and none of them even knew about the Playbook. Lets hope RIM peaks their interest even more. -USA
    11-27-12 08:58 PM
    Another problem with the US is that very few people have new OS 7 devices. The few Blackberry's I see are usually old (OS 4 and 5) and its understandable why they get frustrated and move on. Many businesses still purchase old Curves for their employees too.

The last time I was in a Verizon store they had like a 9300 curve on display And it was in a corner.

No Bold 9900 at all.
    11-27-12 09:29 PM
    From Saskatoon, Canada. About five years ago, the market was saturated with BlackBerry's, so there still lot's of stragglers. Now just about everyone has a different platform. But, I was in SaskTel store about a month ago and rep totally was on board with the BB10 release and she was very excited. It was very refreshing to hear coming from a carrier. Sounds like they have been educating their staff a little...
    11-27-12 10:07 PM
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

BB's are still 'hot' devices that the younger generation usually go for. In this part of the world, BB's are still very much alive (try going to Indonesia). All carriers still sell BB, and though we don't see advertisements for BB, the brand is still very strong here.
    11-27-12 10:26 PM
    "YOU'RE USING A BLACKBERRY?!" *shocked face*

Sent from the world's (once) most powerful smartphone.
    11-27-12 11:06 PM
    In Hong Kong....non existant.

Only business people use bb.

Most people use a galaxy s3, note, and lesser extent, iPhone.
    11-27-12 11:30 PM
    In China, the largest smartphone market in the world, most people have never even heard of Blackberry, but they all know Samsung, and curiously, just about every phone shop has a big well lit Apple sign on it, even shops that don't sell iPhones or iPads.
    11-28-12 12:20 AM
    In India lots of young ppl use BB as second option only for BBM and mails. There is good demand for used BB here. Basically ppl use Android here as there first choice.

Apple doesn't have much presence over here.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
    11-28-12 01:13 AM
    Here in germany, reputation of Blackberry doesn't seem too bad. Here at work, I work for a local railroad, I have a few coworkers who also use Blackberries. One them just got a Playbook in addition to his 9780. Even those who don't use RIM seem to speak generally good about BB devices. Their reputation as business oriented workhorses with high reliability is still unbroken. People who don't use a BB here at work are mostly those who either wanted an iPhone to go along with the crowd or just want a more entertainment oriented phone - an experience no current RIM phone can really deliver.
    We BB guys and gals around work enjoy the classic stuff RIM delivers: great working physical keyboards, high reliability, devices that "just work", excellent communication tools while still being able to do all sort of office stuff.

People still seem to wonder when someone is using a Blackberry as his/her private device. As already said, RIM has a heavy business biased reputation around here and people keep wondering why somebody would buy "the" traditional employer-supplied phone for own, private usage.

However, I used to stay in the 1st class Lounge at Frankfurt/Main for some time. As you might know, Frankfurt is germanys number one financial city, stock exchange, all larger banks, biggest airport and tech companies are there. Thinking back to early 2010, Blackberries were always there, even more, virtually everyone used RIM. I'd say 8 out of 10 phones were Blackberries. Today BB is still not an uncommon sight, but I'd say only 3 out of 10 phones are made by RIM. Most of the people there are bankers, financial experts, managers and so on. So I guess BYOD also hurt RIMs marketshare quite a bit on business people here in germany.
    11-28-12 02:11 AM