I'm not going to get my hopes up for the Aug 3rd announcement! It may end up being something lame like,"Coming soon our 7 blackberry OS7 devices, check back in two weeks for more details!"
    You mean "check bk in 2 wks 4 more deets!"

I'm unfollowing the BlackBerry twitter account.
    07-26-11 03:51 PM
    This is so stupid. It makes me sick.
    07-26-11 03:54 PM
    i think some expect too much from these little tweets and bits of info. We all did the same thing with the PB. several times we thought a release date would be announced or some big info drop and it was never delivered. I am pretty sure CB and other big name sites (BGR, N4BB, etc) will know before hand of an event with announcement details.
    07-26-11 03:58 PM
    Wow...

They need to give their bubbly twitter-posting team a head-shake. It's great to be all laughs and smiles and 'send us pics from your #blackberry!! ' but at the end of the day they're representing a business, and they had hundreds of people expecting product details today.

Yippee Ki-yay, I'll stick to Bloomberg/financial data now, this was a joke.
    07-26-11 04:05 PM
    That's awesome. I'd like a job like that or to be an EMT or whatever. See some cool stuff.

I just have way too much school debt to start over.

At least school fundraising is supporting a good cause... and it's clean
    Power to you sir. Some things would be cool like saving lives but the thought of a living person crushed between a train and the platform is bad enough I wouldn't want to be that EMT telling him or her what is going to happen when they pull the train back. Sorry Taxi Cab Confession freaked me out with that little story.

Where is my damn Bold 9930
    07-26-11 04:13 PM
    so they plan to fly 40 people to Canada on a week's notice? At least we KNOW the devices will get announced Aug. 3rd.

Huge let down on no news today though.
    I know at least do it during Hockey season.
    GingerSnapsBack likes this.
    07-26-11 04:15 PM
    i think some expect too much from these little tweets and bits of info. We all did the same thing with the PB. several times we thought a release date would be announced or some big info drop and it was never delivered. I am pretty sure CB and other big name sites (BGR, N4BB, etc) will know before hand of an event with announcement details.
    Actually, we did rely on CB -- it posted a news item yesterday (admittedly with a question mark) interpreting the tweet as an announcement of the new phones. Same thing happened with FB 2.0, which CB (without a question mark) said would be released today.
    07-26-11 04:23 PM
    BlackBerry only promised details on BB7 Fan Night today which is what they provided. All they said was "new devices are coming soon". If people decided to interpret this as "new devices are coming tomorrow" that's not RIM's fault.
    07-26-11 04:24 PM
    They didn't get the FB update out today either. Sad really.
    07-26-11 04:27 PM
    so they plan to fly 40 people to Canada on a week's notice? At least we KNOW the devices will get announced Aug. 3rd.

Huge let down on no news today though.
    What what I understand by reading other comments on this is:

You have to fly yourself there
    You get a few tickets to the event
    You get the device when it goes on sale.

So it doesn't mean that the devices will be out by august 3d : (

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-11 04:55 PM
    To their credit, my phone just got prompted for a Facebook update to 2.0.0.36 but when i click on it it just comes up as 1.9.x.x - I've been running beta zone Facebook software since it was available, 3 different versions.

Looks like they are rolling it out but its not working quite yet.

Still pissed about their twitter escapade
    07-26-11 05:10 PM
    They seem to always announce late in the day/night with stuff like this.
    07-26-11 05:15 PM
    I thought they were going to announce it early in the morning, but shoot, it's almost 7pm (edt) and nothing yet.
    07-26-11 05:43 PM
    8pm and still notta
    07-26-11 07:02 PM
    Actually, we did rely on CB -- it posted a news item yesterday (admittedly with a question mark) interpreting the tweet as an announcement of the new phones. Same thing happened with FB 2.0, which CB (without a question mark) said would be released today.
    http://http://crackberry.com/faceboo...-now-available

Woops again
    07-26-11 07:10 PM
    BlackBerry only promised details on BB7 Fan Night today which is what they provided. All they said was "new devices are coming soon". If people decided to interpret this as "new devices are coming tomorrow" that's not RIM's fault.
    I agree. Still disappointed in seemingly having to wait another week. Anyway, life goes on.
    07-26-11 07:25 PM
    Yeah, it does say "check back tmrw 4 deets on #BB7FanNight." Which means no new devices will be announced today. God dammittttt.
    07-26-11 09:21 PM
    Already was announced: http://m.crackberry.com/tweet-win-ne...nd-two-friends

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-11 09:38 PM
    They didn't get the FB update out today either. Sad really.
    I got my FB update as I got off the train Tuesday night at 7:48 p.m. Eastern. Working fine. Love it.
    No sadness.
    07-27-11 06:05 AM
    What, are you dogging me from thread to thread on this? Given the screw-up with the misinterpretation of the "deets" announcement tweet, it seemed like the FB release blurb had made the same mistake, since it was based on an equally goofy tweet.
    07-27-11 06:26 AM
    Anyone know if we can expect to see BBM 6.0 dropped today? Rumour has it...
    07-27-11 07:12 AM
    I know at least do it during Hockey season.
    This. I may be a Sharks fan, but I'd at least go see a Canadian hockey game just to say I'd been to one. Just promise me it's not a Leafs game. Hahahaha.

Also, I'd hope that whoever gets to fly to Canada has a passport. I'd be screwed if I won. I don't have one.
    07-27-11 09:33 AM
    BBM6 - is that the update?

http://crackberry.com/press-release-...perience-bbm-6

EDIT: By update, I mean announcement.
    Last edited by prez87; 07-28-11 at 12:24 AM.
    07-28-11 12:20 AM
    If you are really a CSI guy, can't you investigate?
    lol CSI and why not the CIA?
    07-29-11 10:14 AM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD