What time will the announcement be made?
    07-26-11 11:26 AM
    If you are really a CSI guy, can't you investigate?
    07-26-11 11:29 AM
    As far as I know, there's no set time for the announcement, everyone is just kind of waiting.
    07-26-11 11:31 AM
    Just keep hitting refresh on CB.com until you see something, like the rest of us. That's probably the best method to my knowledge.
    07-26-11 11:36 AM
    I have been wanting to know the same thing. I have sent messages to the BB feed on twitter, but no responses so I have just set my twitter feed to send any post made by BB, CB or any CB affiliated mod directly to my phone.
    07-26-11 11:43 AM
    What announcement are we waiting for? BB Bold touch release date?!
    07-26-11 11:45 AM
    Thanks, I will just keep trying.
    07-26-11 11:47 AM
    What announcement are we waiting for? BB Bold touch release date?!
    Nothing specific was stated about what would be announced. BB just tweeted about OS7 devices and an announcement coming today, so it could be about the Bold set or the rest of the devices that have not been made official. See link for further details: http://crackberry.com/rim-announcing...vices-tomorrow
    07-26-11 11:56 AM
    If you are really a CSI guy, can't you investigate?
    Yes Rock, I can investigate. I have investigated approx. 1000 Homicides not including Rapes, Robberies, Suicides, Car Wrecks, and various other Crimes. I was just looking for a quick answer.
    07-26-11 12:26 PM
    Yes Rock, I can investigate. I have investigated approx. 1000 Homicides not including Rapes, Robberies, Suicides, Car Wrecks, and various other Crimes. I was just looking for a quick answer.
    I was just kidding....
    07-26-11 12:28 PM
    I was just kidding....
    I cracked up when I read it.
    rollingrock1988 likes this.
    07-26-11 12:32 PM
    I know Rock, just picking with you. It was a very interesting job but boy the things that I have seen would make most people cringe. The sight never bothered me but the smells always did. But after 25 years, I had enough so I retired and now do School Fundraising, much nicer and safer.
    07-26-11 12:59 PM
    I know Rock, just picking with you. It was a very interesting job but boy the things that I have seen would make most people cringe. The sight never bothered me but the smells always did. But after 25 years, I had enough so I retired and now do School Fundraising, much nicer and safer.
    That's awesome. I'd like a job like that or to be an EMT or whatever. See some cool stuff.

I just have way too much school debt to start over.

At least school fundraising is supporting a good cause... and it's clean
    07-26-11 01:11 PM
    This pressing the refresh button on the Crackberry homepage is starting to get like pressing the Check for Update button on the Playbook!
    M.Rizk likes this.
    07-26-11 01:46 PM
    From the BlackBerry facebook account:
    Get ready, Team BlackBerry, later today we will kick off the #BB7FanNight contest! Winners get a ticket to the event and get to play with new BlackBerry 7 smartphones -- and win the one of their choice! And that’s not all… stay tuned for details!
    This makes it appear that maybe the info and the accompanying contest will be at night. But it also appears that the info will be about a physical event, which would be cool, but I hope they aren't saving all the details we crave for that event.
    07-26-11 02:05 PM
    what is this BB7fanNight?

edit: I see the contest is now live, but no announcement yet...
    Last edited by manofice; 07-26-11 at 02:15 PM.
    07-26-11 02:11 PM
    And their Twitter account:

Twitter

Edit - BB Fan night is this:

Ready? Set? Go, Team BlackBerry! Visit @BlackBerry on Twitter now to enter #BB7FanNight for your chance to win a new BlackBerry 7 smartphone of your choice. That's not all! Winners will receive an invitation to welcome our new BlackBerry smartphones at Fan Night in Toronto on August 3
    Last edited by ColdSunshine; 07-26-11 at 02:18 PM.
    07-26-11 02:14 PM
    ya im just hitting F5 over and over on CB and BlackBerry website dont have a twitter account so im stuck at thatpoint
    07-26-11 02:27 PM
    ya im just hitting F5 over and over on CB and BlackBerry website dont have a twitter account so im stuck at thatpoint
    You don't need one to view the account.
    07-26-11 02:41 PM
    i sure hoped they'd announce the other OS 7 devices or give us a release date for the 9900, but i didnt really think we'd get a release date today anyway

so could we at least get FB v2 today? please O.O
    07-26-11 02:43 PM
    Well, now that we know what BB Fan Night is, it should be pretty clear that there is no announcement coming today.

This was the tweet that started the announcement rumor:

You got it! New #BlackBerry devices are coming w/ our new OS, BlackBerry 7! Check back tmrw 4 deets on #BB7FanNight. ^CH
    The "deets," as it were, are on BB Fan Night -- not on the new devices. Everybody (including blaize here on the CB news page) misread the tweet.
    07-26-11 02:53 PM
    Well, now that we know what BB Fan Night is, it should be pretty clear that there is no announcement coming today.

This was the tweet that started the announcement rumor:

The "deets," as it were, are on BB Fan Night -- not on the new devices. Everybody (including blaize here on the CB news page) misread the tweet.
    Wow, the tweet looks completely different now Ah well. Aug 3rd is not that far.
    07-26-11 03:04 PM
    Really why hold this stuff up any longer?
    07-26-11 03:08 PM
    so they plan to fly 40 people to Canada on a week's notice? At least we KNOW the devices will get announced Aug. 3rd.

Huge let down on no news today though.
    07-26-11 03:16 PM
    I'm not going to get my hopes up for the Aug 3rd announcement! It may end up being something lame like,"Coming soon our 7 blackberry OS7 devices, check back in two weeks for more details!"
    07-26-11 03:49 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD