Hi, I'm new to Blackberry, and similarily, the Crackberry Forums.

I have a BB Curve 8520 on the Rogers Network.

I downloaded "Nobex Radio Companion," and whenever I try to stream songs from the radio on the EDGE Network, I get the following message:

"Failed to play. No connection to carrier or incorrect TCP settings. For more information, choose help from the menu.

Detailed Error [Code 1]
    Timed out
    [Java.io.IOException]"

The connection is fine, as I can browse the internet, and do other things that require the EDGE Connection.

Does anybody know the solution to this problem? Because I am new, please try to be as simplistic as possible.

Thanks to Everyone!
    01-02-10 01:59 PM
    The app doesn't use the normal data tunnel through bis/bes.. It uses the data traffic path of your native network and does not go through the bb servers per se.. So the APN is a couple of settings which allow the handset to use the data stream provided by the network..

Some apps like this are pretty data intensive and so I would advise you to check on the charges (if there are any) with your provider..

T2F

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-10 02:10 PM
    you may want to do a search on apn settings for rogers
    01-02-10 02:48 PM
    Ok, but when I found the APN settings for Rogers, it still didn't work. Would you advise I remove the battery, or restart the phone?
    01-02-10 02:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD