Sept 21 is the day when the mass market will have BBM. I still believe bbm is far from dead but here is the major issue I see people facing:

Whats the point of downloading it? It doesn't seem like a lot of people still use it. Back when I was in highschool, everyone had a blackberry and so yea, I had an incentive to use BBM. But it seems as if bbm has died down.

What I think blackberry should do is strike a deal wtih Samsung that makes bbm come preloaded. That way, people will have bbm by default and people will start using BlackBerry messenger once again.

There is no reason to believe bbm cant be a hit and quite frankly noone knows for sure whats going to happen in the next couple of weeks.

C001230C6 Suits tv show BBM Channel
    09-18-13 11:45 PM
    There are plenty of reasons to download it. To me the question has been whether BBM availability on other devices would lead to further BBRY marketshare erosion. I guess we're going to find out.
    09-19-13 12:07 AM
    I remember I once used MSN Messenger too.. this died down. Do I think it will be the same for BBM? NO

There is so many people using BlackBerry abroad that the numbers may surprise people. I think that in areas like SA, UK, Canada, Indonesia and Malaysia this will take off with Canada and UK being the slowest of the bunch.

Overall there is a million ways to chat or message someone but this maybe the first to get them all right. BBM has the opportunity to use chat, voice and video chat across all platforms on a large stage before anything else.

Channels will be an interesting thing IMO as many celebs have been spotted using BlackBerry so there is a chance this is something they move too as well.

I look forward to seeing what happens in the coming weeks with BBM as it can be slow and the haters will hate or it very well could take off.

Posted via Z10
    09-19-13 12:20 AM
    Now with regards to phones being dumped...

It will take away some market share initially no doubt but that is a close minded approach to it.

Does having Google Chrome on iPhone hurt them?

The purpose is to get BlackBerry's strength BBM onto as many devices as possible. Say it reaches 120M .. that's almost double the amount of users now. Those people may stick with there devices but I'm sure a lot more interest will be given to BlackBerry if there experience is a good one

Posted via Z10
    09-19-13 12:26 AM
    I remember I once used MSN Messenger too.. this died down. Do I think it will be the same for BBM? NO

There is so many people using BlackBerry abroad that the numbers may surprise people. I think that in areas like SA, UK, Canada, Indonesia and Malaysia this will take off with Canada and UK being the slowest of the bunch.

Overall there is a million ways to chat or message someone but this maybe the first to get them all right. BBM has the opportunity to use chat, voice and video chat across all platforms on a large stage before anything else.

Channels will be an interesting thing IMO as many celebs have been spotted using BlackBerry so there is a chance this is something they move too as well.

I look forward to seeing what happens in the coming weeks with BBM as it can be slow and the haters will hate or it very well could take off.

Posted via Z10
    Lol mate you got it all wrong about the UK. Hardly any teens here use bb. Its all iPhone and Android. BlackBerry is dead here. The few kids I know that has one are legacy and they are slowly upgrading to other brands.

So in my opinion BlackBerry as a hardware producer is finished. But they have a FANTASTIC os and NOC network. I think BlackBerry can become a very profitable software company.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 12:33 AM
    Now with regards to phones being dumped...

It will take away some market share initially no doubt but that is a close minded approach to it.

Does having Google Chrome on iPhone hurt them?
    You can't really compare Chrome to BBM. For one, Chrome was never really exclusive, since exclusivity isn't part of Google's business model. Two, Android isn't selling phones because of Chrome. Three, the difference between Chrome and Safari is a lot less significant than the difference between BBM and iMessage or Whatsapp.

Also, I didn't say people were going to dump BBRY phones. I said it was a possibility, because for many users the strongest draw to the platform is BBM. It's that good.
    09-19-13 12:38 AM

Posted via Z10
    Only problem with that is bbm is launching with pretty much basic chat with the rest coming "soon." As we all know BlackBerry's track record cross platform bbm might not see voice and video chat until next year. Which these are features that are need if they expect bbm to be adopted quickly.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 12:42 AM
    It will also depend on how easy it is to set up

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 01:24 AM