I use AT&T Navigator... is there another reason for me to get it?
    03-03-09 09:15 PM
    I use both. I like the audible turn by turn with Navigator. I downloaded Google maps just to check it out and once, while trying to get to an address with Navigator in a new home development, it couldn't find it. Google maps found it and got me there. I use Google maps if I'm not the one driving and can mess around with it only because it loads faster.
    03-03-09 09:29 PM
    Good info... I wouldn't mind putting it on my 8900 as it has more app memory, but on my Bold, I try to spare as much memory as possible.
    03-03-09 09:39 PM
    I used Google maps for a little bit but I tried Live Search and prefer it over GM. It seems faster for me personally. For the most part I just use navigator... I have not tried the newest version of GM, maybe they added some things or sped it up a little....
    03-03-09 09:42 PM
    I used Google maps for a little bit but I tried Live Search and prefer it over GM. It seems faster for me personally. For the most part I just use navigator... I have not tried the newest version of GM, maybe they added some things or sped it up a little....
    You say you use WLS... have you tried TellMe?
    03-03-09 09:44 PM
    Yes I have actually. I hoped to like it more than all the others I have tried but it is to slow for my purposes. The GPS takes forever to lock on and for whatever reason most of the time I tried to use it, it would be down? At the time I had google as well so I would switch over to GM and that would work but not TellMe...?
    03-03-09 09:53 PM
    If you don't want to pay Google Maps is a GREAT option. It taps in to your GPS and can give you turn by turn direction, it just don't speak them.
    03-03-09 09:54 PM
    I like the maps in GoogleMaps. But I use Nav4All and AmAzeGPS for my turn-by-turn directions while driving. Personally, I see no point in paying a monthly fee when there are several free options available.

but on my Bold, I try to spare as much memory as possible.
    I have actively tried to crash my bold by adding as many apps as I could (around 43, I think was the number) and could not do it. I honestly don't see why people stress over memory anymore, as long as you do a little management.
    03-03-09 10:21 PM
    I used to drive truck cross country with a rand mcnally (paper) map book. So, for me at least, I have zero need for turn by turn or audible directions. With GMM I get nice flat maps, search for location/business/phone number, traffic updates, aerial view, street view, and it has a small footprint in my memory with fast load times

EDIT: And its free!
    03-03-09 10:40 PM
    I use Google Maps for quick searches and for traffic info. Maps load really fast and I like that it's basically the same as using Google Maps on the computer. For navigation, I use Garmin Mobile or TeleNav.
    03-03-09 11:43 PM
    AT&T Navigator is much better than Google Maps. However it's not worth $120 a year to me at least.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-09 01:28 AM
    Satellite view and better all around

03-04-09 01:32 AM
    I was out and about with my girlfriend last night and her brother called to meet up with us to give her tickets to a concert that is today. He didn’t know his way around town so I booted up Google maps, found where he was and guided him to where we were sitting in a parking lot. It showed every street he was about to pass until he got to us. He was so amazed he thought we were using a regular map until I showed him my storm. Needless to say, now he wants one ha-ha.
    03-04-09 09:42 AM
    AT&T Navigator is much better than Google Maps. However it's not worth $120 a year to me at least.

Yea I agree as is the VZW paid one, BUT as you pointed out 120 a year is WAY too much. I think 5 per month would be the sweet spot for me, but I just don't see it happening.
    03-04-09 09:49 AM
    Oh, I just thought of another reason why I like Google Maps: Last weekend my GF and I were in downtown San Jose, CA. I grew up in SJ but, alas, I'm directionally challenged and haven't been there in quite awhile. We met up with about 10 other people at the hotel, none of whom were familiar with the area. We all set out walking to PF Changs for lunch. The leader of the group started walking, telling everyone it's just down the street a couple blocks and over two streets. Now, I kinda had a feeling we were heading the wrong direction so I quietly broke out my trusty Curve and brought up GM and it has 3 options for directions: driving, transit and walking. I chose the walking directions due to all the one way streets, the map loaded extremely fast and I was able to let everyone know that we were heading the wrong direction. With that many people walking and talking to each other, I'm sure we would have walked at least a half mile or more before anyone realized we couldn't find the restaurant. Needless to say, I was the hero of the day for getting everyone on track again. The only person that wasn't falling all over himself in awe over my device was the one other BB owner in the group. He just kicked himself for not thinking of doing the same thing. hahaha
    03-04-09 10:39 AM
    The satellite view
    That's the closest I can ever get to being (or thinking that) I'm a spy

03-04-09 10:45 AM
    While I was in Europe I used Google maps in every new city I traveled to and it worked like a charm. It was very easy to search for different points of interest. It also gave me a general sense of the direction in which I was heading. I swear by it.
    03-04-09 12:30 PM
    I used google maps up until last night it stopped working and now I get an error message when I open it, so I tried to re-install it from the .alx file I had and I kept getting the same message. So now I just use the default navigator or sometimes i will use yahoo go!
    03-05-09 12:36 PM
    Good info guys. I guess I may load it up again.
    03-08-09 06:22 PM
    I like the maps in GoogleMaps. But I use Nav4All and AmAzeGPS for my turn-by-turn directions while driving. Personally, I see no point in paying a monthly fee when there are several free options available.

I have actively tried to crash my bold by adding as many apps as I could (around 43, I think was the number) and could not do it. I honestly don't see why people stress over memory anymore, as long as you do a little management.
    True... I don't for the simple fact that the phone tends to move slower with more apps (even though it doesn't crash). I tried using my device with apps and w/o (JL_CMDER wipe) and notice a difference in speed... not that much, but enough to not want to load unnecessary apps.
    03-08-09 06:24 PM

Dang 120 a year? Might as well get a stand alone gps system!

03-08-09 08:51 PM
    The satellite view
    That's the closest I can ever get to being (or thinking that) I'm a spy

Haha this is sooo true for me as well!
    03-08-09 08:53 PM
    I adore the search feature in GM.

03-08-09 09:44 PM
    Google Maps is pretty solid but I think xGPS is great.
    03-08-09 09:47 PM
    It has latitude!
    05-01-11 10:43 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD