Well, I was sitting here and was thinking, "What is So Great About A Blackberry"? So, here is what I cam up with what you can't do.

1) Your media card ONLY supports guess what? Media, right. Programs that I would like to have would eat up memory, so wouldn't it be better to use the memory card for that?

2) I would love to have an editing program for my pictures, but guess what? Blackberry doesn't have one.

3) I can use a phone call recorder, but guess what? I was suggested to put the blackberry on speaker and recorded that way. Boy! what a wonderful concept and primitive. Maybe I should record it with the old type tape recorder.

4) The keyboard who I have named HAL does it own thing when it comes to lighting up. Not a program to have the light lit as much or as long as I want on the 8330.

5) There is not a descent browser for the blackberry as far as I am concerned.

I can go on and some may say, why am I still with a Blackberry, and I would say, I am locked into Verizon and it will cost me money that I don't have to move on.
    04-19-09 10:06 AM
    If your that miserable pay the cash and "move on".

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-09 10:17 AM

Word
    10char
    04-19-09 10:23 AM

Yeah I would try to save up the money so I could quickly leave if I was that angry with them

04-19-09 10:25 AM
    I agree that some of what blackberry does is "primitive". However, I also am of the opinion that blackberry does a fair amount of task wonderfull.

I email-text, whatever. Keyboard is my favorite. I love push email and enjoy just playing with my BB when I'm bored. I would suggest you. Deal with your unfortunate unhappiness with you choice of phone. With the internet, you had the ability to research your purchase BEFORE you went to the store and bought. You have no one to blame-except yourself.

04-19-09 12:34 PM
    You also have to remember that its a phone, not a computer.

04-19-09 12:41 PM
    the OP is so greedy!!
    04-19-09 01:34 PM
    When I read the title...I was thinking spell check is pretty great lol

04-19-09 01:37 PM
    I dont get why peopl have to get into something like this without researching it. Before I got my first BB I did a whole bunch of research to find out what the phone can and cant do. Turns out BB does everything I could ever want a PHONE to do at this time, plus I looked around to see what the deal was with ATiT regarding service and support and was unimpressed. Poor quality, expensive, service, and poor coverage in the areas I visit most. Come on people do a little research before you dive into something like this, especially if it is something that will cost you money if you don't like it

Oh and to the OP, you had 30 days to try the phone out so I guess you liked it for 30 days until you got married to it... HA HA!!!
    04-19-09 01:47 PM
    Every phone has things that may make you want to go else where, including the iPhone. What you have to find is of the things you like/love about a device, does it do it and if so, does it do it well enough.

Push - flawless
    Battery - awesome (even with Bold on 3g)
    Background processes - great for using GPS, but not needing to be on the Navigation screen (audible alerts work outside the app)
    BBM - IMO, better than AIM and all the other IM services. Fast and reliable.
    04-19-09 01:52 PM
    About "not having a phone call recording option" it was said already it is illegal to record a phone call without the consent of both party. That's why probably there is no built-in option for that. Not even a 3rd party app.
    04-19-09 02:05 PM
    are you unhappy with verizon or the blackberry? cancel the bb plan and get an unlimited plan for an LG or something..
    04-19-09 02:10 PM
    I've got to say that I am absolutely pleased with my blackberry bold (like BBartist mentioned) "at this time".
    The ability to have apps running in the background is crucial for the way that I use a "smartphone".
    I recently moved from an 8310 to a Bold, and I believe it is the best device for me.

04-19-09 02:25 PM
    About "not having a phone call recording option" it was said already it is illegal to record a phone call without the consent of both party. That's why probably there is no built-in option for that. Not even a 3rd party app.
    Not true. A few states in the US maybe. There are many phone devices that allow this.
    04-19-09 03:09 PM
    If I were this disappointed and displeased about something, especially a smartphone, I wouldn't hesitate to "get away" from it. In anyway necessary.

04-19-09 03:21 PM
    Well, I was sitting here and was thinking, "What is So Great About A Blackberry"? So, here is what I cam up with what you can't do.

1) Your media card ONLY supports guess what? Media, right. Programs that I would like to have would eat up memory, so wouldn't it be better to use the memory card for that?
    Are there any phones with external memory cards that allow you to store and run the programs from the card? I know window mobile phones don't, or java phones. Do the iPhone G1 or Palm OS allow for this? Must be RIM's fault all around for other phones not doing that either right?

2) I would love to have an editing program for my pictures, but guess what? Blackberry doesn't have one.
    I'm sure there are a few third party apps for that, but personally have not found the need for such an app. I can crop myself into a coma on my computer and email or drag and drop the finished products if needed. Otherwise anyone getting a pic from my phone gets the full meal deal and can edit it themselves.

3) I can use a phone call recorder, but guess what? I was suggested to put the blackberry on speaker and recorded that way. Boy! what a wonderful concept and primitive. Maybe I should record it with the old type tape recorder.
    Or get yourself a digital recorder for those few phone calls you need to protect yourself, so you can go on Judge Judy to play it back for her to see how bad that person was talking to you about the phone bill or back rent.
    Otherwise all you have is a recording of other person's call.

And yes there have been many times I wish I had recorded a phone call (mostly on my phone phone) especially when it was the last time I was able to talk to that person when they were alive. Otherwise I reply on my memory and great note taking abilities. (Yes I will ask a caller to repeat and spell for me too if needed).

4) The keyboard who I have named HAL does it own thing when it comes to lighting up. Not a program to have the light lit as much or as long as I want on the 8330.
    Not a problem for me anyway, don't do a lot of typing in pitch black rooms.

Browsing while using the elevator in a coal mine?

I can go on and some may say, why am I still with a Blackberry, and I would say, I am locked into Verizon and it will cost me money that I don't have to move on.
    Switch to a different phone and change the plan or find someone to take over your current Verizon plan, get the account transferred into their name and you are free and clear. Granted this does require that you both show up and the Verizon Wireless store in person, and the other person must of course pass the credit check, but you can weed those folks out using one of several Cell Phone plan trade/take over sites to find someone near you.
    04-19-09 03:29 PM
    Are there any phones with external memory cards that allow you to store and run the programs from the card? I know window mobile phones don't, or java phones. Do the iPhone G1 or Palm OS allow for this? Must be RIM's fault all around for other phones not doing that either right?
    That may probably be the most valid complaint in the OP's list but it is not expressed clearly. Windows Mobile phones do allow you to install programs onto the storage card. The program still uses RAM on the device while actually running, but while not in use an 8MB program is eating 8MB on the storage card, not on your device. I'm guessing this is the functionality the OP is expecting.
    Last edited by CeluGeek; 04-20-09 at 08:49 AM.
    04-19-09 07:16 PM
    If you are so unhappy then move on. That simple. Man common sense would come in handy hear. Maybe? Lol.
    04-19-09 07:34 PM
    Well for me I know why its so great. It does everything I want a phone to do. And I knew that before I got it. Being informed before purchasing is a wonderful thing.
    04-19-09 08:49 PM

I think this is probably the number 1 point that most people bring up, especially since App World came out and now there is another place to downloads apps to the phone. It is something I do miss from my WinMo device. I know RIM is aware of this (from a previous podcast on here).

I believe there is a third-party app that does this. I wouldn't want to do this on my BB, but I've seen an app listed to do this. Helps to do a little more searching.

The phone itself doesn't do this, and I don't think there are any 3rd party apps that do, either. There is a service that lets you do this, though. Check out the 3rd party app forum. You can also change your caller ID information through their service as well.

The keyboard lighting doesn't bother me. I don't expect to light Neyland Stadium with my BB. I type enough on my BB to keep things lit when using it. One click on the power button and I can change the light setting.

This is a PHONE, not a computer, although it is sometimes easy to forget that with how much the BB can do. The BlackBerry browser is made to bring as much information to you as possible, while lowering the amount of information that needs to be sent. You have multiple views, as well as options for 3rd party browsers (Opera & Bolt). There are a couple of sites that don't render well with the BB browser, and they look just fine on Opera, so I just work with whichever works betst for what I need.

I agree with others about researching what you want. When I was looking at smartphones, I took a look at what my carrier had to offer, then researched each device. I know I was going to be spending more for a BB than a basic phone, so I wanted my money to go towards the right device. For me the BB was the right choice, and does more than I ever expected from my phone.
    04-20-09 08:22 AM
    Since you are stuck in a contract with your berry you may as well learn to love all the things it CAN do as opposed to harp on the few things it (as well as many other phones) CAN'T do. It doesn't take much searching to discover all the amazing things blackberry has to offer to its users.
    Maybe you were having a bad day when you posted this. Maybe you just like to b*tch. I believe the majority of bb users are very happy with their decision to purchase a berry. But hey you can't please all the people all the time.

04-21-09 12:34 PM
    Everything!
    04-21-09 12:52 PM
    Andro it looks like you have been a member of Crackberry for 10 months. Why have you stayed with something that has made you so unhappy for 10 months? BB isnt for you, so move on, pay the fee and set yourself free from your misery,
    04-21-09 03:43 PM
    That may probably be the most valid complaint in the OP's list but it is not expressed clearly. Windows Mobile phones do allow you to install programs onto the storage card. The program still uses RAM on the device while actually running, but while not in use an 8MB program is eating 8MB on the storage card, not on your device. I'm guessing this is the functionality the OP is expecting.
    and

I think this is probably the number 1 point that most people bring up, especially since App World came out and now there is another place to downloads apps to the phone. It is something I do miss from my WinMo device. I know RIM is aware of this (from a previous podcast on here).

What about the Aerize Card Loader program???

"Aerize Card Loader 2008 - Premium BlackBerry Utility (Aerize Card Loader 2008 - Premium BlackBerry Utility Software)

Install applications to removable SD Cards, freeing up device memory. Switch applications between the storage card and the device memory easily. Aerize Card Loader stands out from the exceptional list of software titles that have been released by Aerize. While others have been saying it impossible to use the SD Card for applications, Aerize has been doing it. With Aerize Card Loader its now possible to move application between the SD Card and the device on demand!"

I haven't used it myself because I don't have the need, but know plenty of people that do and are happy with it....
    Last edited by gritsinct; 04-21-09 at 03:52 PM.
    04-21-09 03:49 PM
    Ur buggin homes. Just buy a cheap vzw phone (go on ebay, I dk) and use it till ur contracts up. In the mean time research and look into other phone so u don't have to do something like, I dk, START A THREAD TRASHING UR PHONE

04-21-09 05:03 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD