Wow I'm watching Bloomberg West and all the analyst they have are slamming BlackBerry. The representative from gizmodo, the only thing he can say is BB10 is just a nice phone, dude really. What is a day for Blackberry without the media chorus of lack apps. No other new platform has come to market with 70,000 apps. Of course what is stated by analyst , BlackBerry has ten percent of the apps that android and ios has. Once again I say really, how many of those are duplicates and just down right annoying. I believe what is going on today, analyst are moving the stock price to justify short positions. Only fault I have in the new BlackBerry's strategy is the delay in release in the US market. This only give the naysayers ammunition to diss the new phones. I for one will upgrade to a new BlackBerry phone, hopefully the Aristo, when my upgrade is available from big red.
    DPanacci and johnny_larue like this.
    01-30-13 05:48 PM
    ^^Yeah...like he said^^^
    01-30-13 06:40 PM
    Im starting to wonder if these critics reporting for news outlets are being paid off to be negative about RIM. I mean, anyone with half a brain can see its unlike any other phone on the market. WTF do these people want? The phone is equipt with remote desktop, the fastest browser hands down and more efficient multi tasking. Ive not seen any platform on any other phone that compares to this. It doesnt need massive hardware to run QNX and you dont have to reboot your phone if an app crashes. I just do t get what people were expecting. Excuse me, what the American people were expecting.
    geoffsdad likes this.
    01-30-13 06:56 PM
    If people are complaining that it's not like iPhone or Android, that's a plus in my books, but I'm not really paying attention to all that noise.
    TheQuietRioter and DPanacci like this.
    01-30-13 07:03 PM
    Maybe it is good that the phone is not available now in the US if the "professional" critics are slamming it. By the time it finally is available these guys will have moved on to their fan base of the I phone and the Android phones. Then ordinary people can be their own judge about buying it.
    Masahiro likes this.
    01-30-13 07:25 PM
    None of us, including the talking heads on TV, will really know how BB10 will be until devices are thoroughly tested by the masses.

Bloggers and journalists test the device for a few hours and dismiss it as a failure or flop. They usually don't know their a$$ from a hole in the ground.

Sent using Tapatalk
    Masahiro and shaleem like this.
    01-30-13 07:39 PM
    Did they say anything that was incorrect, or just that you don't agree with it...

<< I have a Z10 and am figuring it out >>
    01-30-13 07:42 PM
    Frankly, I prefer my own testing of a device to that of some so called journalist or analyst who may not have actually tested the device fully and whose credentials are suspect. Furthermore, my opinion is the only one that matters to me when it comes to technological devices.
    Last edited by shaleem; 01-30-13 at 08:07 PM. Reason: clarity
    Masahiro likes this.
    01-30-13 07:51 PM
    I find today rather amuzing....form all that I have read... and it has been a lot.. the major beef seems to be the lack of apps.... which oddly enough outside of US release date is all subjective....

From a feature standpont..all smartphones basically do the same thing.. the question becomes how well does your smartphone suit you.... all these tech bloggers have their own list on what makes a successful device..... in essence it is more of a popularity contest.... It is really funny that outside of Instagram and Netflix no one has really come up with that must have list that is missing...... as I use all three platforms... I am hard pressed to find all these missing apps..... besides have you ever thought how long it would take to go through even 70,000 apps let alone 700,000.... finally my question to all these tech writers...." How many apps do you have on your device and how many more could you actually install before running out of space or have to start deleting some of those must have apps to make room.... taking this track

I find Iphones cumbersome and Android confusing.... but that is me... does not make them a bad smartphone.... I if that is their only major beef I consider the B10 a major success....

as for the US release... as much as this may be a carrier issue.. it could very well be a marketing one..... Five years ago when Hollywood would release major movies in the US first... the idea being the US was the most important market... What the studio's have found was they could actually make more money releasing well before releasing in the US..... an exaple is the Avengers.. it played in europe and russia a good month before the US..... By the time it actually premiered in the US it was alreay profitable.... Many companies are marketing with this concept in mind... Not what my US bretheren may want to hear but welcome to Globalization!!!

Lastly follks....it is only a smartphone....
    01-30-13 08:27 PM