What size MiniSD card are you using? I got a great recommendation to not necessarily get an 8gb and to consider a 4gb. However it seems a bit harder to get a 4gb than a 2gb. Any thoughts on 2gb and being enough for pictures and ringtones.

I hope to use the MiniSd for storing photos and ringtones that I want to set for some contacts. Not looking for a iPod replacement.
    08-06-08 12:42 PM
    i think most bb's use a micro sd card, not the mini.

That being said i have a 2gb and it has 529 songs on it. i have a few mb's left over for saving pics. i tend to take pics and send them off to photobucket so i'm not sure how many i could store with my music. i know i can have at least 10 on there np.

i don't think ringtones take that much memory.
    08-06-08 12:48 PM
    I have 2 GB card (formatted to 1.9GB) and i have about 30 ringtones, and 10 pictures, plus a bunch of e-books and i still have 1.8 GB free on my card....

and I think it's actually less than the .1 GB it suggests, but the way it rounds, it's hard to say exactly. Either way, I should be able to fit far more ringtones and pictures on a 2+ card than is manageable. So i think you're fine with a 2 instead of a 4 or 8.

I would have bought a smaller card if cost was prohibitive...but the 2 was only $10 shipped.

note: i now see you are asking about mini-SD, and i have a micro-SD card. fyi.
    08-06-08 12:49 PM
    First off : get a microSD

Secondly, your Berry can support this :

* BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.0 Up to 2GB microSD
    * BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.1 Up to 4GB microSDHC
    * BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.2 Up to 4GB microSDHC
    * BlackBerry Device Software 4.3.0 Up to 8GB microSDHC
    * BlackBerry Device Software 4.5.0 Up to 8GB microSDHC
    * BlackBerry Device Software 4.6.0 Up to 32GB microSDHC - rumored for the Bold et al
    * Verizon 4.2.2.196 OS supports up to 8GB source JeffH - thanks
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/micr...c-cards-46673/
    08-06-08 12:51 PM
    Thanks.. I was confused. I will make sure to get the Micro SDHC.
    08-06-08 02:11 PM
    I found the Micro SDHC on Amazon. It looks right. However, my BB Curve box from verizon say's Micro SD not Micro SDHC... Is this the same thing?

Thanks!
    08-06-08 02:24 PM
    Get what you can afford, it's not much more for an 8g over a 4. With docs2go and i'm sure future apps, your card will become more useful.
    Plus in the BB community, movies and TV shows are readily available, kinda a nice time killer.
    Amazon.com has some smokin prices also...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-08 02:28 PM
    I have 4 Gig! I think that's plenty for what I use it for.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-08 02:28 PM
    8gb SDHC
    Full of digital goodness...

Dm
    08-06-08 03:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD